Using IF Templar brethren upgrade kits for Sword brethren

gang_chong

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/catalog/product/600x620/99550101406_ImperialFistLegionTemplarBrethrenUpgradeSet01.jpg

Hello Brothers, I'm trying to find a way to kit up Sword brethren.

I found this beautiful upgrade kits for HH IF Templar brethren from FW.

How do you think about using those kits to Black Templars? I'm slight concerned of those small 'fists' icons, though.

In fluffywise, I think it also make sense if those sword brethren have managed to keep those 'relic' armour for about 10,000 years...

I plan on doing the same thing. The way I am looking at it, these are chapter relics in and of themselves, and as such, it is an honor to wear them in battle. So I would definitely run with the idea.

Also, if you intend to play Scouring era themed games, then it would be entirely likely that these could be relics from the Siege of Terra and therefore even more sacred.

If you are going to go that far I would get some mark 2 or 3 kits from forge world as well. What ever bits you don't use can be sprinkled into other units to.

Personally I'm really starting to dig the mark 3 armor and wish the hh plastic that has been rumored was that mark...

I plan on just shaving down most of the fist icons. It's unlikely that very many would have survived 10,000 years and when the chapter was created it's likely that virtually everyone would have changed their iconography over to the Cross. Just my 2 cents though. ;)

I plan on just shaving down most of the fist icons. It's unlikely that very many would have survived 10,000 years and when the chapter was created it's likely that virtually everyone would have changed their iconography over to the Cross. Just my 2 cents though. :wink:

But what if they kept the fists there as a sign of respect?  Could that work fluff wise?

I plan on just shaving down most of the fist icons. It's unlikely that very many would have survived 10,000 years and when the chapter was created it's likely that virtually everyone would have changed their iconography over to the Cross. Just my 2 cents though. :wink:

But what if they kept the fists there as a sign of respect?  Could that work fluff wise?

Yes it could definitely work. 

I got some to use for exactly this same reason along with a set of FW bodies to mount them on. Yes itwill be an expensive squad but I think its worth it. I'm also leaving the Fist icons on them and treating this squad as havingvery honored chapter relics as armor. These are for sword brethern not just every newly minted initiate out of his carpace/neophyte armor. At least thats how I am treating it, they are your figures so I say go for it. In a chapter with 5 to 7 thousand or more brothers(I know that's the old fluff, but I'm sticking with it) we'd need to maintain and use every suit of armor we had probably.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I get the Templar brethren kits and tried to make up as Honour guards like below;

http://i.imgur.com/67IpE6p.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6jUvyY5.jpg

I think I should give them capes to make them look more awesome, but anyway I like how they are made.

Bit looks like McDonald's, though :tongue.:

• 2 years later...

This thread is more necro than sanguinius at this point (controversial* :wink: but he's my favourite primarch so it's okay) But I figured on doing 32k black templars, just after splitting from their parent legion, so I'm getting one or two burning of prospero sets and a couple of templar brethren upgrade kits to mark the squad sergeant/vet. sergeants, with an ageing sigismund as the master (counts as emperor's champion) I was thinking when playing games of regular 40k to group up the templar brethren marines and using them as sword brethren. Thoughts?

Edited by CheezyNachoz26

• 3 weeks later...