Hi there. As Simison mentioned in the General Discussion, we’ve had an idea for those people who want to participate in the project of the Brotherhood of the Lost Alternate Continuity, but that a) don’t have a Lost Legion to contribute to the project or :cool.: were too late in joining up.

This idea concerns the Grand Council(s): the Council of Terra and/or the War Council. These two organisations were some of the closest advisors of the Emperor, and would one day be formed into the Senatorum Imperialis, the High Lords of Terra… at least in the official continuity (OC).

Of course, very little is known about most members of these two councils, yet they are the foundation of the Imperium (even at the time of the Great Crusade), and they are the pinnacle of human professional progression. They should therefore be quite interesting to develop, and this of course is what this thread is going to be for.

For those who don’t know, the War Council lead the Great Crusade, and the Imperium as a whole. It was formed of the 18 Primarchs, Malcador (or the Regent of Terra), the Fabricator-General of Mars, the Head of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica, the Paternova (or his envoy) of the Navis Nobilite, the Captain-General of the Legio Custodes, the Master of the Administratum, and, of course, the Emperor Himself.

After the Ullanor Crusade (in OC), the War Council was dissolved, with the Great Crusade in the hand of the Primarchs. Since the Emperor was occupied with the creation of the Imperial webway, he set up the Council of Terra, who would organise the Imperium’s administrative and general day-to-day side, as opposed to the war. This Council of Terra contained no Primarchs, and was presided by Malcador the Sigillite. Other known members were the same as those of the War Council (Fabricator-General of Mars, Captain-General of the Legio Custodes, Master of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica, Master of the Administratum and the Paternoval Envoy of the Navis Nobilite).

For this Alternate Continuity, the Brotherhood of the Lost, we thought that it would be interesting to see what these councils might be up to whilst the Legiones Astartes are beating up the galaxy. To reach this goal, Fraters interested in the project can pledge the creation of one of the members of the Councils, and in this topic we shall discuss any stories that might be told about them. It would be preferable that those members who already have a Legion in the Brotherhood of the Lost don’t pick up slots of the Councils, as they already have enough to work on. What’s more, it isn’t important that ALL of the members of these councils should be developed, the goal here is to get a few more participants with their own “responsibilities” in the project.

I’d suggest that Malcador and Kelbor-Hal (Fabricator-General of Mars), being such important members of the Councils and of the Imperium at large, should be more of a group effort (from all the participants, including Legion Masters) than the responsibility of a single person. I’d also like to suggest that the following Councillors each have a board member:

• Captain-General of the Legio Custodes
  • Master of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica
  • Master of the Administratum
  • Paternova of the Navis Nobilite Dibs !

Feel free of course to pledge any self-aggrandising Councillor for the project. I can think of examples such as:

• Master of the Officio Assassinorum (doesn’t need to be Malcador, and doesn’t need to be an assassin himself/herself)
  • Grand Provost Marshal of the Adeptus Arbites (not sure if the Adeptus Astartes was present already in the OC, but of course this is an alternate continuity :wink:  )
  • Up to five high-ranking officers of the Imperial Army (one from each Segmentum max.)
  • Mistress of the Sisters of Silence
  • “Master” or Representative of the Imperial Knights (mechanicus-aligned houses would be represented by the Fabricator-General of Mars)

If you have any other ideas, add them to the list, by all means! Also, anything in this first post can be changed and amended, so comment away!

Here are the current members of the Grand Councils of the Brotherhood of the Lost Alternate Continuity topic (updated regularly):

Edited by Lord Thørn

This post is supposed to present Paternova Carolus Tarkinus, master of the Navis Nobilite, the Navigator Houses. I'll e updating this more or less regularly.

I am trying to write this from the point of view of Tarkinus himself, and I believe that I am managing to start and make him sound arrogant, and probably a bit :censored: ish. This effect is one of my objectives, but readers of the post must not take this as personal (Lord Th Edited by Lord Thørn

Thats alot of names :tongue.: . Looking good Brother, curious to see how it turns out.

Yeah, Name Generators for the win :-) Of course, with Noble families who inbreed, you need a lot of names to tell people apart ^^

EDIT: So I'm just going to list the Paternova's equipment quickly:

• Dueling blades (Rapier and Main-Gauche). I'm unsure whether they should be power weapons or something slightly different. Also, bearing in mind the Paternova is quite strongly mutated and much larger than a normal human being (I don't know if he's quite as large as an Astartes yet), these weapons are not to be disdained.
  • Pair of Archeotech pistols, one being basically a Distort-weapon (opens a warp rift like eldar D-weapons), the other an "Empyrian" pistol (Like the Empyrian Bomb in Skitarius, it closes warp rifts, but I was seeing this like a "pariah pistol" if you see what I mean). Both of these are One-shot, in game-play
  • Digital Weapons, nearly at Jokaero weaponsmith-grade
  • A little surprise concocted by Chief Captain Redd
Edited by Lord Thørn

I have a long time friend and 40k player whom would be interested in representing the Imperial Army and Solar Auxila. He's not currently a member but is very interested in the project.

New members are always welcome :smile.:

The Bonds that Bind.

Daer'dd looked over the suit on the form, deep etheral purple velvet cloths sewn with silver thread and armour of burnished gold, inlaid over every plate parts of the astronomical map as seen from Terra, in silver, rose gold and thousands of tiny gems.

The work had been quizzical and tedious. The three eyed deathmask helm was one of the single most tasking things he had ever made. But it was symbolic, a weapon for the envoy of the Paternova.

He could feel his adopted Huronian brother behind him. Aandeg had become something far more than expected when the geneseed had taken to him. His psychic power was great enough that the air around him always had a bitter hoarfrost, he was a raw force of nature. Cloaked in the six iridescent ebony feathered wings Daer'dd made for him, he was tall and slender, his armour lacked the bulk of most Astartes, the black lacked the metallic sheen of standard plate it was pitch. On top he wore robes of deep cobalt

And a hood hid his soft but stern cherubic face.

"They're ready brother, 1000 totem guard,

the Navigator's bodyguard. I'm glad you headed my advice, the runic helms and dream catchers will give them a good deal of protection from ether energies"

"Why would they need it?" Daer'dd asked with doubt.

"Because not everyone is as caring and loving as you big brother, it's my job to be paranoid so you can be so.... Warm" he said with a brother's sarcasm and cynicism

"The Blind though brother? I know you have a flair for the dramatic, but really?"

"I'm your master of arts am I not? Plus you tasked me with this. Each of them is perfect for this. The name is symbolic, blind from all but Sky Father's gaze."

"What of the Ten for the Paternova?"

"It took much work, but I was able to enrune their totemic helms, and each has finest War Claws and Totem Armour the Demiurge could forge, each one a living symbol of the legion as you wished, each one a literal Iron Bear"

"And the envoy's bodyguard?"

"Maximus Annillus, The Dire Wolf. A Terran with the gift. Only Ah'nek the Giant and you are more imposing"

"Good, Terra needs a reminder that father built us to be his muscle, his juggernauts. And that even their bureaucracy can be broken by my sons. But they are our allies, we need them or else we could not move our might through the stars."

• 2 weeks later...

A little question that is slightly off topic: which Legion will be charged with the creation of the defences of Terra ?

There don't seem to be any loyalist dedicated siege masters, so I was wondering if a group of shattered legions made their way back to Terra.

The High Lords of Terra and/or the Emperor ask them to found a fraternity/order to create the greatest fortress in the galaxy, including not only the walls and associated weaponry, but also the dedicated siege breakers and void defences...

oki, thanks for the speedy answers

EDIT: however, if anybody would be willing to do this, you could do it on Nova-Terra, with the shattered legions forming a proto-ur-council

Edited by Lord Thørn

By all means :smile.:  as you can see, there isn't really anybody else here, so create a grandiose title for your character and post him up.

If you choose one of the Senior Commanders, choose one of the segmentae as well: it's a way of having a few Imperial Army officers in a logical way. Of course, there is no reason for this chap to only stay in that segmentum what with it being the great crusade and all, so if you want him meeting Hectarion you don't have to choose Segmentum Obscurus. Odds are, he won't even come from there in the first place, but from Terra (or a core world of the Imperium)

Needs to be more Grandiose, Pompous and Pretentious!

Grand Marshal Arthus Plantagus XXIIIrd, Patriarch of <Enter Noble House Here> Lord Militant of <enter Subsector here>, Governor of <enter world here>, Lord Commander of the Ultima Segmentum.

There. 

>_>

<_<

:P

Well seeing as I'm English I tend to keep things simple to avoid the stereotype of us all being 3rd cousin to the queen :p

However, if you really want his full list of titles here you go:

Arthus Plantagus, XVIIth of his name, Scion and Master of House Plantagus, High Lord of Cykos, Lord of the 1st Army, Liberator of 1000 worlds, Prefect of the Pyraxian Legions, Grand Duke of Jurrak, Lord General of Musters, Governor General and Lord High Marshal of the Ultima Segmentum.

Edited by Sigismund229

Well fails to measure up to Hectarion certainly. Pionius is another matter :tongue.:

He can take the long game and just outlive the poor mortal :devil:

But really, I doubt any mortals can measure up to a Primarch except maybe the Fabricator General...cuz Admech.

Incidentally, Arthus'role as Governor General and Lord Marshal of the Ultima Segmentum means that while his primary role is a military one, he also co ordinates the collection of tithes across those worlds and functions like a Segmentum Governor(at least until Malcador makes the Council of Terra and sends out a seperate Governor).