The Liber Challenges part Six - Chaos Space Marines

Aqui

"What the bloody hell happened there?!" demanded Olis, his own foray into parts unknown even for a Liber Mod had shaken him to his very core.

"I don't know." Aquilanus had re-materialised a little away from the others. Conn was nowhere to be seen.

"He should return soon enough." Aquilanus answered the question before it was asked. "Your question, Olis, should be - Where are we
now?"

Olis and Ly scanned the area briefly. As Astartes of the Liber, is was a survival instinct to know exactly where you were at all times. Not just where but when.

"Isn't that IP over there?" asked Ly, moving to close in on their fellow Moderatii, but Aquilanus waved him down.

"We don't know for certain. For all we know, we could still be...elsewhere."

"Hang on a minute. You said '
I just now. How do we know that you're you?!" Olis recoiled, his weapon seemingly appearing in his hands instantly.

"You don't.
I don't. We need to see where we are..."

The figure who appeared to be Insane Psychopath, noticed them.

"Well met, Brothers. I can tell you have experienced the Empyrean." The subtle sound of amusement was not that subtle actually.

"How would you know?"

"Because I am a true believer, Aqui. You could be too, if you would but accept it. You have at least one foot in shadow already..."

"Perhaps another time."

"As you wish, brother. The list you asked for, however, is complete and ready for your perusal." The Iron Warrior gave Aquilanus a dataslate. The storage capacity was full.

"Beware of a few entries. Some of our denizens are...
fanatical to say the least." The amusement was back, but the smile on IP's face was genuine, or enough for a follower of the Pantheon.

"Let's get out of here." Olis said slowly. "We need to find Conn, and get back to where we belong."

Aquilanus wasn't listening, at least not to his Brother. After hearing the others' voices for so long, the silence was deafening, the emptiness he felt at his core was almost too much to bear.

"I don't know what's wrong, Aqui, but we'll find out. Okay?"

Following his Brothers, he didn't notice that many pairs of eyes were locked upon them, looking for the merest hint of an attack...

Welcome to part SIX of the Liber Challenge! happy.png

This month focuses on Chaos Space Marines. As usual, a vow is required to enter:

I [insert name], Vow to create a Warband or group of Chaos Space Marines by Thursday 17th September 2015 at 1800 hours GMT. This I vow in the name of the Dark Gods!

Your Warband can be one already in canon, but has no background, or one that you have come up with yourself. Pictures of models or a paint scheme using the B+C painter is required to complete the vow. Whilst there is no upper limit to what you can write about, the following are minimum requirements:

Warband name

Geneseed descent (if known)

Background (how they fell to Chaos)

Notable Characters (leader etc)

Notable conflicts

And the pictures

Now, on to the rewards!

Banners denoting your participation in this Challenge:

gallery_48988_6285_9863.png

gallery_48988_6285_4017.png

gallery_48988_6285_642.pnggallery_48988_6285_3914.pnggallery_48988_6285_7288.png

Banners etc to those who have vowed to a specific God:

gallery_48988_6285_81894.png

gallery_48988_6285_40140.png

gallery_48988_6285_15265.png

gallery_48988_6285_50766.png

The completed vow rewards will be forthcoming smile.png All of the above are courtesy of Grotsmasha! thanks.gif

Will you answer your Gods call?

List of Entrants:

Arkangilos - The Warriors of Cain COMPLETE!
Aquilanus
Brother SP - White Talon renegades
Conn Eremon - Highborn
Cpt_Tiberius -
EesiOh - The Bloody Harvest COMPLETE!
Grand Master Beliel - Silent Swords COMPLETE!
GrimApostle - Warband name as yet unknown
heralds of excess - The Heralds of Excess COMPLETE!
Jad4400 - The Lords of Rust COMPLETE!
Iron_Aquilifer - The Braying Cull COMPLETE!
Kelborn - The Black Hands COMPLETE!
Kierdale - The Psychopomps COMPLETE!
Knurd - The Watchers of Prophecy
MadSkoll - Brotherhood of Iron COMPLETE!
Olis - Vassal warband of the Sorceror Lord Set'Leth
paulJam - Kraits Divergent and Psychotic Sons of Henry Pink Both COMPLETE!
Reyner -
Scourged -
Stercus - The Sons of Spite COMPLETE!
TDF - Lepers of Barbarus COMPLETE!
Teetengee - The Hoardkeepers
Venomlust - Penumbris Shadows COMPLETE!
Viridia -
WarriorFish - The Sundering Call COMPLETE!

I should probably do this...

Am I allowed to finish up a half finished warband (namely the Hoardkeepers) for this? or must it be brand new territory?

Partially made warbands are fine, although participants are encouraged to make new ones smile.png

I, Olis, he who shall totally not fail this challenge like he did the last one, Vow to create a vassal warband of the Sorceror Lord Set'Leth, exiled Thousand Son and manipulator of worlds, by Thursday 17th September 2015 at 1800 hours GMT. This I vow in the name of the Dark Gods!

Sorry, I've got enough material for my chaos warbands and I really have to dial back my time spent here rather than working wacko.png . So I'll hold off this challenge, apologies.

No need to apologise smile.png

I Teetengee Vow to create a Warband or group of Chaos Space Marines by Thursday 17th September 2015 at 1800 hours GMT. This I vow in the name of the Dark Gods!

The exact nature of this warband/ whether it will be finishing up the Hoardkeepers remains to be seen.

I Teetengee Vow to rewrite the Hoardkeepers by Thursday 17th September 2015 at 1800 hours GMT. This I vow in the name of Slaanesh!

EDIT: Exact nature has been determined.

On the basis that this challenge extends to Traitor Astartes warbands by dint of CSM codex...

I paulJam, Vow to complete a description of the Kraits Divergent by Thursday 17th September 2015 at 1800 hours GMT. This I vow through the warband's consuming hatred for the corpse emperor!

p.s. my vow will probably include a small 'painting challenge' on the basis that i like to have models for the groups i write about, even if it's just a handful. 

i will be building a tactical squad and two one assault squad.

hopefully i can finalize the colour scheme towards the start of the project.

I, Achsantre Aivas, who has slain a Champion of the Liber, vow to bend the Highborn of the III Legion to my will and my will alone, by Thursday 17th September 2015 at 1800 hours GMT. I vow this in the name of the serpentine mother and father, may their cold embrace tear my soul asunder should I fail them!

In Nomine Nobilitas

Well this fits in with some fluff I've been working on rather nicely, so here go's....

I Stercus, vow to create a Warband or group of Chaos Space Marines by Thursday 17th September 2015 at 1800 hours GMT. This I vow in the name of the Dark Gods!

Heed well the woeful tale of the Sons of Spite, for bitterness and resentment can lead the most dutiful into the sympathetic embrace of grandfather nurgle.

I, Achsantre Aivas, who has slain a Champion of the Liber, vow to bend the Highborn of the III Legion to my will and my will alone, by Thursday 17th September 2015 at 1800 hours GMT. I vow this in the name of the serpentine mother and father, may their cold embrace tear my soul asunder should I fail them!

In Nomine Nobilitas

I take it that this vow is set in the 41st Millennium? It won't be a problem if it's based further back, but I ask as there's still the Age of Darkness Challenge in two months time smile.png

I, Achsantre Aivas, who has slain a Champion of the Liber[...]

blink.png

Uh, Aquilanus? Conn is acting kinda weird...

Brother, you should know that weird is relative in the Liber tongue.png

In Nomine Nobilitas

I take it that this vow is set in the 41st Millennium? It won't be a problem if it's based further back, but I ask as there's still the Age of Darkness Challenge in two months time smile.png

Short answer is yes, and don't worry, the III Legion mention was just in case the serpentine mother and father wasn't obvious enough.

The nerdily long-winded answer is that all of my Marine DIYs exist from 30k to 40k. My Loyalist DIYs have a dual existence, one as my stamp on "canon," and one that exists in a What If? world. What if all my Loyalist DIYs were Legion units instead.

My Traitor Warbands actually do exist from 30k to 40k, as I keep my traitors and renegades separate. So, the Highborn do begin as a Millennial of the III Legion during the Great Crusade.

But I have divided these DIYs into chronological articles. As 40k Warbands, Indices Traitoris. As Legion units, Indices Legiones.

For this Challenge, I'll be making an Index Traitoris. The Index Legiones will await the AoD Challenge. And I'll probably pick a different DIY for it.

You can present

Your Warband can be one already in canon, but has no background, or one that you have come up with yourself. Pictures of models or a paint scheme using the B+C painter is required to complete the vow. Whilst there is no upper limit to what you can write about, the following are minimum[/i requirements:

Warband name

Geneseed descent (if known)

Background (how they fell to Chaos)

Notable Characters (leader etc)

Notable conflicts

And the pictures

You can either present a miniature or a colour scheme with the Space Marine Painter. What's essential is that you present the general appearance of the warband I think. The main part really is the fluff.

As it's mainly about the fluff, any chaos warband with Chaos Space Marines works. Therefore, you can pick an army that you field with the codex: Khorne Daemonkin, but you mustn't feel any limitations from the legal game army requirements. The main thing is that it should be an interesting fluff army (that remains more or less canon friendly)

I, Kelborn, Vow to create a Warband of Chaos Space Marines by Thursday 17th September 2015 at 1800 hours GMT. This I vow in the name of the Dark Gods!

As I read this, I realize that the 19th company doesn't have any fluff attached to it.

​I, lord Pariah, pledge before The Legions and the Old Gods, to create a Liber entry by 1800, Thursday 17th of September. This I vow before the Old Gods.

Archived