The Liber Challenges part Six - Chaos Space Marines

Aqui

You can present

Your Warband can be one already in canon, but has no background, or one that you have come up with yourself. Pictures of models or a paint scheme using the B+C painter is required to complete the vow. Whilst there is no upper limit to what you can write about, the following are minimum[/i requirements:

Warband name

Geneseed descent (if known)

Background (how they fell to Chaos)

Notable Characters (leader etc)

Notable conflicts

And the pictures

You can either present a miniature or a colour scheme with the Space Marine Painter. What's essential is that you present the general appearance of the warband I think. The main part really is the fluff.

As it's mainly about the fluff, any chaos warband with Chaos Space Marines works. Therefore, you can pick an army that you field with the codex: Khorne Daemonkin, but you mustn't feel any limitations from the legal game army requirements. The main thing is that it should be an interesting fluff army (that remains more or less canon friendly)

This. Regarding Daemonkin, they can be added if they're an integral part of the warband, but the focus must be on the Marines in the Warband smile.png

Vows updated to this point! happy.png

I Scourged, Vow to create a Warband or group of Chaos Space Marines by Thursday 17th September 2015 at 1800 hours GMT. This I vow in the name of the Dark Gods!

Yeah... I need in on this. I've had a writing bug lately, and these challenges on the B&C have been just the right inspiration for me. I have much planning and scheming to do in the next four weeks.

Forgive what might be a dumb question, but what constitutes a "Warband"?

Unless someone has more definitive reasoning, I suppose anything between a handful or warriors ranging up to a full-blown army could be considered a "warband". 

What Olis said smile.png

The Tyrants Legion is one example, the Purge another. Basically a group of Marines (who could be from a mixture of Chapters), their followers (Cultists or vasalls) and any attendant Daemons.

btw when we write these up do we post them here, or do we post them in the general part of the Liber and just say its for the challenge?

You can post them here, but it woukd be more beneficial for you if you started a new topic as it'd get more feedback and itll be easier to find :)

Topic title could be something like "Liber challenge - [insert name of warband]" :)

Sounds like this is for an entire army (hence warband) and not just a unit or 2 from said warband?

It's as popularly used on this forum: a Chaos Marine DIY. That could mean a warband within another warband.

Sounds like this is for an entire army (hence warband) and not just a unit or 2 from said warband?

It's as popularly used on this forum: a Chaos Marine DIY. That could mean a warband within another warband.

Hey when you put it that way... Let's see, Sept. 17 is 4 weeks away. I bet I could swing a 10-man "warband" by then laugh.png .

I, Venomlust, vow to create a group of Penumbris Shadows (10 Chaos Space Marines from the Shadowborne CSM legion) by Thursday 17th September 2015 at 1800 hours GMT. This I vow in the name of the Dark Master, Be'lakor!

I paulJam vow to clarrify the rumors regarding the "Psychotic Sons of Henry Pink" warband. By Thursday 17th September 2015 will these words be presented or by the will of Malal shall my trusty biro be damned.

Does that mean you're submitting two vows? You already have one for the Kraits Divergent.

Otherwise, vows updated! thumbsup.gif

Yep, two again. Some challenges click, others not so much.

So it's 'and' not 'or'

Cheers Aquilanus

No problems there, just wanted to be sure that was your intention smile.png

Also you forgot to add me to the list of entrants

Darn it! I'll add you now! smile.png

Is it still alright to enter?

Entry is open for the whole month of the challenge. You could enter on the last day if you wished. I wouldn't recommend it, but you could. :)

Archived