The Bloodspitters (World Eaters Wardband)

TheHyperion

++The Bloodspitters++

68962bbfcd8ab465cb9e6d9ed425159c.jpg

"Though the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal realm of chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life. I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear." -Kargos Bloodspitter

Hello everyone, this will be my WIP/Lore/Battle Reports thread for my warband of chaos. I update my post regularly to keep myself on track for painting, as well as to bounce my ideas with the very helpful people of this forum. So without further ado, here it goes.

++Lore++

After the Battle of Skallathrax when the legion was torn asunder by Khârn the Betrayer, Kargos Bloodspitter formed his own warband of khornate chaos space marines and daemons. Since the warband is one of the oldest that serve Khorne, they maintain a large stock of ancient vehicles blessed by the blood god. The Bloodspitters often pull geneseed from the deceased of their own warband, as well as those from the Blood Angel lineage, more specifically the Flesh Tearers, due to their likelihood of falling to the Black Rage, a near berzerker fury, as well as their close combat prowess and the history of Kargos Bloodspitter and Nassir Ammit, the Flesh Tearer. The armor is similar shades of black and red to the Flesh Tearers, but have their armor painted this way to show devotion to Khorne, as well as use Brass for any metallics they posses on Daemon engines etc., and also have bone white on the trim to remind themselves their goals of bringing skulls to the skull throne. The Bloodspitters have a highly reactive Betcher's gland from their patriarch which they often use to their advantage to melt their opponents armor or blind them. The blood from the victims of this often stains the breathing apparatus of their helmets or their mouths. Since Angron closely follows this chapter due to it's strict devotion to the ideals of Khorne and Angron, Angron always grants who he believes should be the new leader of the chapter (if the old one is deceased) with a pair of wings, granting them the title of The Red Angel. The Warband relies heavily upon it's berzerkers having a very low stock of average chaos space marines, which are normally assigned to bikes or other vehicles. Due to being from the 8th assault company, Kargos modeled his warband to be fast and efficient, using bikes and flesh hounds to tie up the enemy and then heavily assault the enemy with daemons, berzekers, cultists, and daemon engines.

Warband Colors:

csm.php?bpe=EBDFAE&bpj=EBDFAE&bp=000000&

Subject to change

++++

Currently I am working towards painting up my first 500 points so far I have completed

16 cultists

Chaos Lord with Axe of Khorne

1 Chaos bike

What I still am working towards painting

10 cultists for Assassinorum: Execution Force

Chaos Sorcerer (for fun)

5 flesh hounds

3 bikers and 2 bikes

You should read Khârn: Eater of Worlds, it comment about the Bloodspitters led his own warband & just to get some idea's.  Also to say, you should also add the Red Angel, I think it be pretty cool to see him as part of the warband as well.

You should read Khârn: Eater of Worlds, it comment about the Bloodspitters led his own warband & just to get some idea's. Also to say, you should also add the Red Angel, I think it be pretty cool to see him as part of the warband as well.

Thanks everyone for your comments! Now when you say I should add the Red Angel are you saying Angron or his chosen one? Because the fluff for the warband wont change due to the name, itll be the same either way. But if you are talking about Angron then maybe one day.... That would be cool :D

~Sapphon

You should read Khârn: Eater of Worlds, it comment about the Bloodspitters led his own warband & just to get some idea's. Also to say, you should also add the Red Angel, I think it be pretty cool to see him as part of the warband as well.

Thanks everyone for your comments! Now when you say I should add the Red Angel are you saying Angron or his chosen one? Because the fluff for the warband wont change due to the name, itll be the same either way. But if you are talking about Angron then maybe one day.... That would be cool biggrin.png

~Sapphon

I was meaning the Red Angel (not Angron/forget he also know by this name) we see in the Horus Heresy & find out a little bit on in Fear to Tread & vengeful spirit novel. Just though be a pretty cool model to convert up & add to your warband along with Bloodspitters.

Thanks everyone for your comments! Now when you say I should add the Red Angel are you saying Angron or his chosen one? Because the fluff for the warband wont change due to the name, itll be the same either way. But if you are talking about Angron then maybe one day.... That would be cool biggrin.png

~Sapphon

I was meaning the Red Angel (not Angron/forget he also know by this name) we see in the Horus Heresy & find out a little bit on in Fear to Tread & vengeful spirit novel. Just though be a pretty cool model to convert up & add to your warband along with Bloodspitters.

Wow thanks for notifying me of this as I had no idea it even existed! He seems like a very interesting character to include in a game and I may try to work that out in the future. For now i believe I have decided my faction name will be the Bloodspitters thanks guys :D

~Sapphon

Hello everyone!

I just had my first real 40k game, there were probably many rules mistakes but hey what can you expect biggrin.png. It was a 500 point game (with a tiny bit extra on both sides) of Khorne Daemonkin vs. Blood Angels. Here were the lists

KDK:

Chaos Lord with Juggernaut and Axe of Khorne, favoured of khorne warlord trait

2 Groups of cultists

Gorepack, bikers had 2 flamers each and had sergeants with chain axes

Blood Angels:

Librarian in terminator armor with force axe and combi melta, went down sanguinary tree and had quickening and fear of the darkness, soulwarden warlord trait

two tactical squads,one with flamer and heavy flamer and a combi melta, the other with a flamer and a rocket launcher

scout squad, 5 camo cloaks, 4 snipers, and 1 heavy bolter

Only used Blood tithe once, giving all my units extra attacks on the third turn, but that was very important allowing me to do more damage to the scouts with a squad of bikers. I rolled very poorly with the flamers in both bike squads. I only lost a bike unit, 4 flesh hounds, and 2 cultists. The two groups of cultists were useless this game but provided back up had the game continued. The Juggerlord was INSANE running up the board the first turn with the flesh hounds, charging, challenging and killing the librarian before he got to do cursed sorcery! I was able to also take out the tactical squad with the flesh hounds, and almost had killed off the scouts in the assault with my bikers.

IMG 3941

the table we used was 40" by 48" so slightly too small, which probably led to the first turn librarian death with some unlucky rolling on my opponents behalf.
Also, I saw someone's Khârn in the WIP section, whos name escapes me atm (I'll attatch their thread later) and I really enjoyed their color scheme. So I plan on scrapping my color scheme as the white vehicles look terrible with what little painting skill I have so here is my new scheme which will make my army more uniform biggrin.png csm.php?bpe=EBDFAE&bpj=EBDFAE&bp=000000&

They used skulls for the trim of their armor, and I still wanted brass as it is the metal of Khorne so that will be the soft armor. I also took inspiration from the flesh tears and decided to add garnet with the black to keep the model colorful. i got the idea for the purplish pinkish eyes when I played the space marine video game with this scheme and those were the default colors of the eyes, if I do not like it, then I will make them green. There will also be blood coming from their mouths and skulls on the models due to being the Bloodspitters (Maybe the World Eaters logo too, haven't decided) But I will try to make sure the blood is used in moderation.

Constructive Criticism is Welcome!

Thanks

~Sapphon

Link to Khârn: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/278434-let-the-galaxy-burn-balefire-legion-chosen-of-khorne/page-54

Also, the blank bases were supposed to be unpainted flesh hounds... but the super glue was dry 0.o

I have thought about having a fallen "ravenwing" as the leader of a biker squad, but I am also trying to think of other ideas for where the legions would fit in. Maybe a space wolf and or blood angels shoulder pad on a berzerker

~Sapphon

Having a hunter of the fallen turning and being hunted himself? I like the idea of that :P For the berserker I would say more a blood angel than space wolf :) If you have listened to the audio drama "Chosen of Khorne" then you`ll understand what I mean :D but either way it`s your hobbie so it`s down to you :)

IMG 3977

"That is why we are the Eaters of Worlds, and the War Hounds no longer."

—Captain Khârn of the World Eaters Legion's 8th Assault Company, from his unpublished treatise The Eighteen Legions

This is my newest addition to my army as the super glue finally came in :D there is also a khornate sorcerer in there from assassinorum :D

~Sapphon

More progress! I got quite a bit done today, if I work alot of tomorrow maybe I can finish these hounds biggrin.png

IMG 3980

I just worked on the cloak of the sorcerer and just some of the brass parts. The one Black hound is nearly done and the other two I just applied a couple of coats of Khorne red to.

Edit: Also, moving earlier pictures of my terrible bike + my cultist mob and chaos lord who is missing his juggernaut, to make my first post more official and fancy biggrin.png

bike front

bike back

IMG 3923

Edit 2: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/313023-khorne-daemonkin-apothecary-warpsmith-sorcerer/ I also spent today making these homemade rules for these three models for a khorne daemonkin army, most of it is copy paste from the chaos space marine codex, however I like to think the Chaos Apothecary is creative
~Sapphon

Looking really cool GrandMasterSapphon, really like how the Flesh Hound models are turing out. Also like the Bike has the old World Eater colour of Blue & White.

Thank you! So far I have a plan to make a fallen angel to be the rider of said bike with maybe some if the new dark angels butz from forgeworld and cypher's backpack, i also have to get flamer bitz for the other riders, I believe that bike will be the only one painted in the old colors as I discovered painting white isnt really my thing :D

~Sapphon

• 1 month later...

I am currently simple greening my bikes, I also want to come up with a new color scheme so ideas would be appreciated, I would like red, brass, or bone or a combination of the three on the model and I would like it to be a striking but pleasant scheme to have, I also do not want to have the same exact scheme as a gw army necessarily. Any advice would be appreciated for coming up with this scheme, especially in relation to the lore of my warband.

Thanks,

~Sapphon

Edit: the colors above are currently out of date, I would like a new scheme.

blood-for-the-blood-god.jpeg

After viewing this picture I had the idea of using red as the main color with iron trim like in this picture, I also thought of having bone colored helmets to be like skulls and to have the bloodspitters signature leaking blood from their mouth's present. What do you guys think?

~Sapphon

Edit: I have also stripped the paint off of my chaos bike/bikers as I was very unhappy with the way I painted white on the first bike, and the other one was going to be an iron warriors test paint but I scrapped that idea.

Archived