Ragnar Blackmane by AD-B, aka you finally got me BL

DarKnight

http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-40000/ragnar-blackmane-le.html

After being teased for over a year, finally releases August 28th, for $65 American Dollars. Guess I'll be buying one of these limited releases. I'm really looking forward to this, even though I havent bought a dead tree version of a book (for myself) in at least three years. 

How can I still be shocked that BL expect me to pay $90 aus for a novel with an unadvertised page count?

Just let that sink in $90 .... I can buy 3 weeks worth of fruit and veg from the local shop with that .... a shame too as I am, like most of you a massive A D-B fan and pretty much read everything of his that gets released ....

but $90 ? censored.gif

Emotions:

Yay! More AD-B.

Boo! Wolf Space Wolf Viking Wolf Wolves.

Yay! But AD-B might make them not suck.

Boo! $65(?)! for the Loyalist chapter I like least.

Meh! Guess I'll pass. Unless this turns out to be like, First Heretic/Betrayer good.

BL released a brief snippet of the novel. Sons of the Lion won't be pleased...

I've not read the extract, but if I had to guess I'd say they will be by the end.

It's the aftermath of the duel (which was advertised by BL, please don't cry spoilers) I'm just excited for a halfway decent depiction of the 40K Angels and Wolves (again)

I've not read the extract, but if I had to guess I'd say they will be by the end.

It's the aftermath of the duel (which was advertised by BL, please don't cry spoilers) I'm just excited for a halfway decent depiction of the 40K Angels and Wolves (again)

Spoiler:

There's more than one duel.

Spoiler:

There's more than one duel.

You should feel ashamed (and very dirty) of your ability to make grown men squeal in delight. 

Read the extract. I was (DA fan) thoroughly impressed. Is this a novel? If so I'm buying

Edit:

Seriously the tension is (overused expression perhaps) palpable. I read the whole Caliban Trilogy and this free extract by AD-B tops anything in that series. Well done.

Guy died but only cuz his opponent escalated beyond the traditional rule

Very true, but of course people will perceive it as "AD-B hates DA's, Blackmane is a Mary Sue!" instead of it actually being a very shameful act committed by someone who should know better, even by the lax standards of his Chapter.

Archived