best synergy-combos?

Knight Angels

Hello Guys

I am new to Warhammer and would like to know:

What you think are the best synergy-combos that we have in the new codex?

Maybe the Ravenwing Command Squad with 6 Knights paired to a darkshourd and a librarian with bike?

2+ coversave (reroll) / faer and appropriate psychic powers reducing the moral of the enemie unit. Also boost the Attack of the Knights by psychic. No overwatch.

Thanks for sharing your thougts with me.

- DWSF with a RWAS : 12" no scatter DS and you can choose to pass or fail your reserve rolls.

- RWSS with a ravenwing heavy list : 24" support overwatch of 6 missiles with some plasma from the Vengeance if you choosed it over the Darkshroud (I would advise against it even though it's a pretty good counter to an invisible centstar.

- DWSF with a RWAS : 12" no scatter DS and you can choose to pass or fail your reserve rolls.

This.

Followed closely by a demi company plus 55 points worth of scouts.  55 points for the demi company's assault marines and devastators to get OBSEC, and for everything to overwatch on 4s instead of 5s!

A techmarine in a RWCS with a libby is my main deathstar unit at the moment. The techy might get a harness or conversion field if points allowed but is there to tank ap3 so I won't need to always jink. A darkshroud would ideally follow them or a RWSS with typhoons and shroud for some added overwatch/overwatch denial.

This.

Followed closely by a demi company plus 55 points worth of scouts.  55 points for the demi company's assault marines and devastators to get OBSEC, and for everything to overwatch on 4s instead of 5s!

You don't need the scouts for the devs and asssualt marines to get obsec, that's a command benefit of the demi-company. And if you do buy the scouts to make it a lion's blade, you overwatch at full BS.

hammer of caliban /w land raider redeemer and destructors, mixed with company veterans squad via a CAD

920 points of anti-infantry that will steamroll pretty much any enemy in front of it, yea they might be an invisible centurion hit team of nightmare but thats a heavy 6 autocannon, a flamestorm, a tl assault cannon, a plasma pistol, 10 bolt pistols, and 19 power fists and 15 chainswords.

its a very ugly weapon of war that you in theory could take two of if you had too, and against mc's its even harsher because it has monster hunter and tank hunter on the autocannons and assault cannon. it laughs at attempts to tarpit, especially if you have the hq command tanks because hit n run veterans is "a thing"

- RWSS with a ravenwing heavy list : 24" support overwatch of 6 missiles with some plasma from the Vengeance if you choosed it over the Darkshroud (I would advise against it even though it's a pretty good counter to an invisible centstar.

i dont like this idea. i would keep the speeders and vengeance in the back to give fire support. 24'' is too close to get forced to the use the evasive maneuver And i'd like to shoot every round with full ballistic skill at something.

is the vengeance worth his costs? i dont think so.

This.

You don't need the scouts for the devs and asssualt marines to get obsec, that's a command benefit of the demi-company. And if you do buy the scouts to make it a lion's blade, you overwatch at full BS.

Ah...good catch.  My DC is always in a LB, so I was a bit fuzzy on the source of each buff...but the bottom line is BS4 overwatch and everything having OBSEC...except the scouts?  They're troops, but IIRC, troops don't  have OBSEC unless they're in a detachment or formation that says they do...or else unbound troops would have it?

I love him now (the LSV); AP2 pie plate with interceptor is the business vs deep-striking nearly anything (especially Tau suits for me). I do keep him in the back field with three Typhoons for some pretty good intercepting versatile dakka.

They synergise with an army that moves forward and needs it's rear protected awesomely.

My LSV took out all but Typhus and one terminator in his squad when they came in. It also managed to strip a hull point off the hellturkey when it came it in. I didn't have to worry about shooting it after jinking as it always fired interceptor from turn two on

Not to pick on your group, buy why don't they use formations?

One of our formation is simply our bike squadron from our last codex.

They let you use it last codex, why would they all of the sudden have a problem with it.

Without access to formations, we have essentially the same synergies we had before.

RW bikes have teleport homers which are good for DW units.

The best combo ever is Sammael with a squad of Deathwing Knights.

Thanks to scout, extra 3"run and extra 3" charge move they are the fastest terminators in the game.

Add to that a grey knight level 3 librarian with that book which gives him additonal santic spell, and they will be almost unstoppable with hammer hand and/or sanctuary.

It`s not cheap, but it is amazing on the table.

Archived