The Brazen Spear - A Minotaurs Log

Halandaar

• 4 weeks later...

Well this isn't exactly a progress report because as usual, I've managed to get distracted by other kits but I did manage to finish this guy off, who I thought could do a decent job of standing in as Pedro Kantor.

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q797/halandaar/Warhammer/Space%20Marines/DSC_0004_zps7acacv85.jpg

Feel like I'm making good progress recently! Also, eww. This photo highlights that my keyboard needs cleaning.

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q797/halandaar/Warhammer/Space%20Marines/DSC_0013_zpskp9udxsg.jpg

Ew, your keyboard looks totally disgust-- *looks down at keyboard* -- clean to me!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I seem to have been putting most of my WIP posts in the Back to Badab thread lately, so I thought I'd collect some of them here for completeness.

As yet unnamed Captain based on the FW Eidolon Model

Initial reposing work on Ivanus Enkomi; his left arm will be magnetised so he can be used as a regular Chaplain if desired.

A kitbashed counts-as Pellas Mir'san, using Armillus Dynat's body and blades from the Ultramarine upgrade sprue. Some further filling work and brass etch required for him.

Near-completed Tactical Squad, just some touch-ups and decals to add.

Some great aspiring work there, love the Unnamed Captain.

Thank you! I'm pleased with how he turned out, Eidolon is a great looking model so I just had to make use of him. I'm intending to pick up Alexis Polux at some point for a similar purpose.

I love not!Pellar Mir'san, especially with his helmet and swords looted from an Ultramarine. tongue.png

The rest is good too, especially the unnamed captain. Though I never liked the Ivanus Enkomi model. ph34r.png

Thanks! I have to say, Ivanus Enkomi isn't my favourite Chaplain model either and I considered trying to do something with the DA Interrogator Chaplain for him instead, but given that he came along with Mr Moloc I thought I might as well try and make use of him. Hopefully once he has all his pieces on and is painted up he might look a bit better!

Nice mix of parts and kitbashing.

Thanks very much :)

Inspiring work love the kit bashes and conversion work you've done. Puts my own Minotaurs to shame, keep up the great work.

You're too kind! Would love to see your Minotaurs, I'm always keen to see other people's take on our favourite fratricidal mentalists!

A kitbashed counts-as Pellas Mir'san, using Armillus Dynat's body and blades from the Ultramarine upgrade sprue. Some further filling work and brass etch required for him.

This guy is freaking brilliant. I may have to swipe the head idea, if you don't mind.

Some really nice conversion here, the unnamed captain and the Dynat conversion are bother really really good.

Thank you!

New additions look Great. Pellas is screaming for paint.

Thanks! I'm hoping to get him finished up with regards to filling, brass etch during the week so I can get him painted at the weekend.

This guy is freaking brilliant. I may have to swipe the head idea, if you don't mind.

Thank you! Swipe away, ideas are for sharing!

I have to say I'm surprised at how positively received this particular kitbash has been! The logic behind using Dynat's body for Mir'san was so there was something visually tying him to the Salamanders theme (scales on the legs and chest armour) but wouldn't overpower the general Greco-Roman Minotaurs aesthetic like a Dark Elf corsair cloak might. The overall Minotaur look is reinforced with crested helm and the Gladius style blades, all from the Ultramarine sprue.

Initially I was considering using Dynat as the basis of a Vulkan He'stan kitbash along with Asterion Moloc's spear and a Pyroclast heavy flamer. There you go, somebody can have that one for free!

And just a little snippet of what I've been working on this week; MKIV Tactical Squad. I used Godwyn bolters for fluff reasons (the Badab War books mention the Minotaurs using the Godwyn Ultima patterns extensively) and to keep a degree of visual consistency with my other tactical squads. and once again mixed in some Sternguard shoulderpads for added detail, although in retrospect the different trim widths on the MKIV shoulderpads compared to others maybe looks a bit off. The Heavy Bolter is from the Sternguard kit. I just think it looks a bit more mobile than the belt-fed one the Devastators have so is better suited to running around in the field rather than parking up in heavy cover.

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q797/halandaar/Warhammer/Space%20Marines/DSC_0121_zpsuwr4xkjr.jpg

Next in the queue; plastic Contemptor!

I always cringe a little whenever I see a sergeant's combi-weapon not synced to the squad's special weapon.

Still, this squad makes me wish GW would release the mkIV squad box on its own already!

Does the combi-plasma sergeant from the previous squad have a FW shoulder pad as well?

Never fear! Sergeants will be paired with the correct squads once they're all built, I have 2 more to go. The combi-plasma sergeant does indeed have a FW pad, there will be one on each of the sergeants.

Archived