The Brazen Spear - A Minotaurs Log

Halandaar

It's threads like this that make me love the Minotaurs.

Now how to work them into 30k? Hmmmmm...

Count as World Eaters as I'm sure that's part of the reason our geneseed is a mystery...

I quite enjoyed the speculation that the Minotaurs are derived from Iron Warrior geneseed...

It's threads like this that make me love the Minotaurs.

Now how to work them into 30k? Hmmmmm...

Count as World Eaters as I'm sure that's part of the reason our geneseed is a mystery...

I quite enjoyed the speculation that the Minotaurs are derived from Iron Warrior geneseed...

Heck, even the Alphas could be a contender for it.

They were known to use dull bronze & Greek imagery (The Hydra).

Regardless I don't want to hijack your thread with my questions & ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a promising start, Halandaar do you find that trim hard to look right? I love the Minotaurs Brass but im finding that part in particular to be disappointing and not as useful as I thought it would be.

Yeah, I also thought it would be more useful than it's turned out to be; getting a clean cut isn't as easy as I hoped and it doesn't match the contours of models quite as well as I'd like either. The only other location I've used it so far is on the Jump Pack of my Eidolon kitbash:

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q797/halandaar/Warhammer/Space%20Marines/DSC_0036_zpsyi5vnulz.jpg

As you can see, it's okay but the strip seems to have bent in squares rather than wrapping smoothly.

Looks Good , I stayed away from the brass because of that.

The rest of the brass etch sprue is fantastic and I don't really feel too badly about the trim not being that useful, as it forms the frame that on most others would be blank. think of it as a "free" extra. That said, it might work really nicely on vehicles where straight lines are the norm.

• 2 weeks later...

Stupid Christmas, very little time to spend hobbying so I've not managed to get much done other than a quick undercoat on my Tactical Squad and put together a bunch of Vanguard Veterans in what I'm sure is a sub-optimal loadout.

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q797/halandaar/Warhammer/Space%20Marines/DSC_0205_zpsbffrlxoo.jpg.http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q797/halandaar/Warhammer/Space%20Marines/DSC_0206_zpsa1m8cdew.jpg

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q797/halandaar/Warhammer/Space%20Marines/DSC_0208_zpsjvgm9pdz.jpg

There are

3x Power Axe & Storm Shield

1x Relic Blade & Storm Shield

1x Power Fist & Storm Shield

1x Chainsword & Grav Pistol

4x Chainsword & Bolt Pistol

All wearing one FW Minotaurs pad to mark them out as veterans. Hopefully this isn't the last thing I get to do before Christmas but I seem to have been left a full page of chores to complete today so not much hope there!

This is a great Minotaurs log! That bronze Eidolon is as cool as they come! biggrin.png

Keep it up - personally I am a big fan of the Minotaurs and their intriguing background... and those veterans look very promising indeed! nuke.gif

Suboptimal loadouts usually look the coolest!

QFT.

Actually did get some time today to do a bit of basecoating on two Tactical Squads (one is the MKIV squad from earlier in the thread, the other is a mix of MKIV and normal Tactical Squad parts)

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q797/halandaar/Warhammer/Space%20Marines/DSC_0209_zpsguvbotqe.jpg

Next up, I'm looking for suggestions on what to do with this guy:

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q797/halandaar/Warhammer/Space%20Marines/DSC_0211_zpsvevkqeym.jpg

Obviously the standard pose for Solaq is a bit odd, not to mention I'm not really in need of another Plasma Pistol/Power Sword Captain. Has anybody done anything cool with this model?

Has anybody done anything cool with this model?

I don't know how it would look since I have neither the new captain nor the bits in question, but maybe the two-handed heavy chainsword from Forge World (preferably the mkII or mkIII over the mkIV since it looks more vicious) could make a cool Teeth of Terra he looted off a cheeky Imperial Fist?

I don't know how it would look since I have neither the new captain nor the bits in question, but maybe the two-handed heavy chainsword from Forge World (preferably the mkII or mkIII over the mkIV since it looks more vicious) could make a cool Teeth of Terra he looted off a cheeky Imperial Fist?
giphy.gif

I knew there was a reason I liked you Knight. B)

Love the thread, love the conversions, love the mk IV, terminators etc

Let the tyrant suffer!

Nice looking Vanguard. :tu:

Thanks both!

Nice idea, I managed to pick up a MKII one on eBay. Even if it doesn't look right on the model, I'm sure I can find somewhere else for it!

Really liking all your minis here. I have always liked a unified look to an army and you have that in spades. More so you have taken models from all over the range and made them into something else.

Minor thing though, I think you are letting them down with your basing. I think you really help things pop if they had a little more detail in them. Some scattered tufts of grass and soil.

Minor thing though, I think you are letting them down with your basing. I think you really help things pop if they had a little more detail in them. Some scattered tufts of grass and soil.

Thanks for the input; I've used some dead grass tufts from Army Painter before which I'm intending to get more of to add a bit of interest, and the addition of some grit or something might well help too!

Last act before the holidays and it's many travel and family time related demands.

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q797/halandaar/Warhammer/Space%20Marines/DSC_0226_zpseum5bbcs.jpg

Think the two hander chainsword looks good; some gap filling required but altogether happy with the appearance. Thanks Knight for the suggestion!

Think the two hander chainsword looks good; some gap filling required but altogether happy with the appearance. Thanks Knight for the suggestion!

You're welcome.

If by "gap filling" you mean getting the shoulders to touch the torso, I suggest heating the arms with a hair drier until you can move them about without breaking them, force them to touch the torso then and once you're satisfied with the "gap filling," put the resin in the fridge for the night so that it sets and keeps the new position.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I forgot. He looks good, and why do mkIV regular and heavy chainswords have to be so pansy-looking?

You're welcome.

If by "gap filling" you mean getting the shoulders to touch the torso, I suggest heating the arms with a hair drier until you can move them about without breaking them, force them to touch the torso then and once you're satisfied with the "gap filling," put the resin in the fridge for the night so that it sets and keeps the new position.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I forgot. He looks good, and why do mkIV regular and heavy chainswords have to be so pansy-looking?

The right shoulder was pinned slightly off which is what's pulling the left away from the body. I might not have even needed to pin it to be honest, it's just a habit in gotten in to lately. Hopefully I can reposition it without having to do too much work but can always bend the arms as you suggest if needed.

Archived