being tempted to do a sisters force

They are very expensive GW wise. The patriot in me says start buying from there so GW sees that people want an update or at least support. Whilst the bargainer in me says you should go on eBay as there are great deals on starter armies from time to time

The main problem with buying the 'Battle Sister Squad' from GW is that it comes with a Storm Bolter and a Simulacrum.

The Storm Bolter sister is the single most useless model in the range, and you probably won't want a Simulacrum for every squad.

Further, you don't save any money by buying the squad compared to any other dual-special build.

You're much better off customising your squad order.

The Storm Bolter sister is the single most useless model in the range, and you probably won't want a Simulacrum for every squad.

Funny, my Sisters like Storm Bolters.  Veteran Retributor Sister with storm bolter throwing out shots with 4 Heavy Bolters, and using Divine Guidance:  much potential fun.  (but was more fun in the Witchhunters codex.)   And then the Simulacrum to do it again.

Still just rumors and guesses if Sororitas will get a 7E codex.

Best bet is to watch ebay for deals and such.   I'd NEVER suggest GW site for buying sisters, not with those prices vs. game value.

Most of my Sisters have been bought on ebay, however, I have bought a few to add to what I have from GW directly. In fact, I'll be the proud owner of an Exorcist next week! happy.pngwub.png

Funny, my Sisters like Storm Bolters.  Veteran Retributor Sister with storm bolter throwing out shots with 4 Heavy Bolters, and using Divine Guidance:  much potential fun.  (but was more fun in the Witchhunters codex.)   And then the Simulacrum to do it again.

That's a Sister Superior, though, not a battle sister with a storm bolter. In a retributor squad it adds something on the Superior, but are you really trying to tell me that five points on an extra shot at long range or when charging is worth giving up a flamer or a meltagun?

I bought a large amount of my army from GW. As in I walked into a physical store and they had them sitting the shelf along with the full rangetongue.png

Keep an eye on ebay for deals but keep in mind that bundles and lots are your best bet. I find that individual models tend to cost more more then GW especially after shipping (I ship free to a locale store). Finally, if you do buy some from GW listen to Furyou Miko's advice in that you save no money doing the squad bundle. Just pick out what you want individually so you get more bang for your buck.

I think my mate is selling his sisters off, I'm quite tempted myself. Always liked the look, just not the price

Do it!

Come join the truly faithfulhttp://1.1.1.3/bmi/image.bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.png

I joined the Word Bearers years ago :P

I joined the Word Bearers years ago tongue.png

While the heretics have had their faith tested by the fourth and sixth edition codices... never have they been so sorely tested as the Sororitas, and when the Word Bearers were tested in-universe, they failed.

Why would one use a heavy support slot on retributors instead of exorcist? Agains't horde armies I'm open for a debate but then every troops squad should be packing flamers minimizing the need for heavy bolters...

Well, heavy bolters are very good against Necron Warriors. The 36" range is golden also - it's the second-longest range we have in the army. And they can get Rending up to twice on their own. Thrice if you plug a Jacobus.

It has good consistency. Exorcists, though they are "the best" in heavy support slot, are actually quite finicky also. For every 18 shot shooting phases, there are an equal number of 3-4 shot phases.

But on the other hand I'd sooner get the Heavy Bolters on a Sororitas Command Squad than on a heavy support slot.

Exorcists are great at what they do, but if the enemy doesn't bring any TEqs or light transports they're a waste of points. A TAC list will balance one or two Exorcists against a RetriBolter unit to make sure it has enough adaptability to tackle hordes.

Remember that most armies also have at least one unit of Melta-'minions to tank hunt, putting an army at risk of being too S8AP1 focussed, especially if you're running MSU troops choices.

• 3 weeks later...

I might suggest getting them second hand aswell,either via something like ebay,bartertown,ect. sisters where the first army i wanted to collect when i first started playing years ago and when I was finally able to i went whole hog into buying them from gw and that was when they were still 35 a squad and spent way more than i should have.

As to squads and the like i love my 3 exorcists,,,I also use my command squad for a 4th heavy slot ,for more fire power with a punch you could get two vengance weapons batteries,,,,at 75pts a pop not bad,,,with either battle cannons or twin quad lascannons for some at and air cover.

Dunno bout Retributors, my battle sister command squad can also bring heavy weapons with relentless if i wanted to, and there is the Avenger Strike fighter. (note: stil using the White Dwarf dex, unless someone would force me to use the digital one, than i will ask some russians for the dex)

Archived