Kizzdoug's 2,500pt. Emperor's Children

Kizzdougs

Hey guys, I've finally decided to try to work out a list for my Emperor's Children. I'm not much of a gamer, so I'm sure that there are many things that can be improved. That's where you guys come in...

The list is loosely based on minis that I have painted or am in the process of building or painting. I also have 10 Legion terminators that I couldn't fit into the list.

HQ

Lord Commander Eidolon: 185pts.

Primus Medicae: 165pts.

Artificer armour, boarding shield, phoenix spear, void shield harness.

Troops

Legion Tactical Squad: 240pts.

Additional combat weapons, vexhilla, artificer armour, melta bomb, power weapon.

Rhino.

Legion Tactical Squad: 240pts.

Additional combat weapons, vexhilla, artificer armour, melta bomb, power weapon.

Rhino.

Legion Tactical Support Squad: 190pts.

+3 Legionaries, volkite calivers, augury scanner, artificer armour.

Elites

Mortis Contemptor Dreadnought: 180pts.

Kheres assault cannons.

Mortis Contemptor Dreadnought: 185pts.

Twin Linked Lascannons.

Legion Rapier Weapons Battery: 120pts.

+1 Rapier, quad mortars.

Palatine Blades: 230pts.

+3 Legionaries, 3x phoenix spears, melta bombs.

Heavy Support

Legion Sicaran Venator: 190pts.

Legion Spartan Assaut Tank: 320pts.

Flare shield.

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought: 255pts.

Aiolos missile launcher, hell-fire plasma cannonade.

2,500 points, on the dot.

Thanks for looking msn-wink.gif

Hey

Most of your list looks pretty solid tbh.

Who's all going in the Spartan? If it's the blades eidolon and the primus could swap out for a raider phobos? And armoured ceremite is always a solid choice so it doesn't get popped by a flanking speeder and leave your expensivo assault unit sat in the open.

Seems a pricey target unit with void shield etc although they are pretty squishy.

I don't kit out my caliver sarge apart from the scanner, if they are getting charged, it's likely going to be by something more dedicated.

Sarges in the Tac squads, depending how you use them might be better off with a power fist or phoenix spear, up to ou about mb, I don't but if you got the spare points why not! This is due to the forced challenge rule.

The extra points would pay or apothecaries and buff up the squad to about 15 I think. 2 squads seems to be a solid choice these days.

Most of these are only small things but if you have fun that's the main thing!

Yeah, Looks solid.

@TheRedKnight: Spartan might be safer for them due to Flare Shield, Armored Ceramite and more Hullpoints. Artificer on the TSS Sarge is there to tank non-ap2 Shots.

As it stands I dont see any glaring issues with the list, to be honest.

I suppose its down to how you play, I turbo mine down the enemies throat t1 as close as possible to line up for t2 charge. If It dies after that, Meh, it's done its job. If it survives to dakka all the better!

But aye I see where your coming from, I dread to think what ec will do with so much room in a spartan all alone though..

I use my Spartan to Field 12 Models too since they're better at killing stuff than my Terminators: Sigismund, 10 Templar and a Primus :P and with Combat Shields, they're 2+/5++ in CC anyways 

I dont really add on a Multi-Melta but my Buddy does sometimes and...I haven't really seen it do anything :p If you add any weapon, it keep it as cheap as possible to act as another layer of protection vs Weapon Destroyed. 

As is, a 'Normal' Spartan is expensive enough.

They're Ordnance aren't they? So 1 will have to snap fire... Quad lascannons are really good! Can even take shots at flyers to a reasonable degree.

Thanks for the feedback, guys! :)

I'm glad you think it's a pretty balanced list. Personally I feel that it lacks a bit of direction, but has most bases covered.

I'll probably be keeping the Tactical Squads at 10 strong so that they can keep the Rhino transports. One weakness that I see in my list is a lack of mobility (anti-deathstar is another weakness, apart from the Deredeo), and the Rhinos give me a small boost in that department. I would love to use my Apothecary mini though (it's probably not going to happen).

The Spartan was included because I already own one (under construction), plus it's a pretty decent vehicle. I feel that for the relatively small increase in points it has several advantages over the regular Land Raiders. Ideally I'd max out the size of the Palatine Blade squad (and add one or two more phoenix spears) to take advantage of the Spartan's crew capacity, but points were limited so I tried to optimise the squad's economy (cost vs effectiveness).

If I wanted to be super points efficient I could substitute the Spartan for an Anvilus Dreadclaw. With the points saved I'd be able to swap the Tactical Support Squad for a full sized Heavy Support Squad with culverins, artificer armour, and an augury scanner, plus another Quad Mortar. Damn... I almost just convinced myself...

At this stage the Spartan will stay because I'm already in the process of building it, but the Anvilus is super tempting when I consider the other changes it would allow me to make.

Thanks again for the feedback, guys! I've been around the hobby for quite a while, but my focus has always been the painting/modelling/fluff side of things. I almost never play (I used to play a little bit of Fantasy before it was killed), so it's really good to hear what you think of my list. I've been working on my Emperor's Children for a while now and I'm really keen to make sure that I make the most of having a fully painted army (once it's actually finished).

If you have anymore feedback, I'm all ears :tu:

Archived