New imperial guard army

Emprah2508

Right I've said that I was going to start a scion army but my parents did not give me money for my birthday instead they gave me th cadian defense force thus I going to have a guard army and eventually supplement it with scions.

Anyway I was thinking of an army outline as I haven't got the codex yet.

This is It

Command squad

Auto cannon

Plasma x3

Medic

Chimera

2x veteran squad

Auto cannons

grenade launchers in one squad

Flamers in the other

Leman russ ( I'm not sure on the variant)

What do you think?

That's to many weapons in your command squad. It has your colonel (who can't use a plasma gun) plus 4 vets. If one vet is made a medic he can't use a plasma gun either. an autocannon occupies 2 veterans leaving only 1 that can take a plasma gun.

Using the cadian box set as a base I'd recommend something like:

Command: medic, autocannon, plasma gun

Vet squad 1: heavy flamer, 2x flamer, chimera

Vet squad 2: 3x grenade launcher, autocannon

Leman Russ (no sponsons, heavy bolter in front)

The cadian battle force box only has 1 plasma gun, 1 meltagun, and 1 heavy flamer. There are 5 (I think) flamers and grenade launchers. You will has left over minis. Perhaps buy one of the cheap 5 man boxes to fill out a 3rd squad.

Tactics: command squad and vet squad 2 guard back field objectives in cover. Vets squad 1 advances in chimera with the leman Russ (it can roll and shoot, snap shotting the HB). If you add scions, give them meltagun a and drop them in behind or near the enemy.

I would be careful with attaching weapons to Vets that readily. They usually work best with Plasmas and Meltas. Grenade Launchers and Flamers are for the Platoon. I would just use something sticky like blu tack until you have more dudes to make a Platoon and use different setups for Vets. It will safe you money in the long run. When dealing with a large army like IG, it requires a good amount of careful planning ;)

So in the CDF box, there is 1 melta arm right?

I'd hit ebay, try to catch 2 more melta arms on the cheap.

Make a 10 man squad w/ 3 melta in that Chimera

Melta vets in Chimera have performed well in every game I have ran them.

Maybe run 1 autocannon in the command squad, run 1 autocannon in the 2nd vet squad?

2 flamers and a heavy flamer isn't a bad load out I don't think, and if nothing else you can always change that to the platoon squads load out when you get a platoon (lots of spec weapons that don't suffer from the bs being only 3!)

I still don't have the codex but j have a list plan and I have been given some extra models from a friend to fill out my 3rd squad.

HQ

Primaris psyker

CCS vox,sniper, autocannon and master of ordinance

TROOPS

Vet squad 3x plasma guns autocannon

Vet squad 2x flamer and heavy flamer in chimera with multi laser and heavy flamer

Vet squad autocannon

Heavy support

Leman russ

( This can run as either the eradicator,vanquisher, exterminator, demolished or battle tank variants with fully interchangeable sponsons)

I borrowed my mates codex for a game against some orks and my flamer unit with FRFSRF on the lasguns mullered his ork blob and the Three autocannons killed a warboss and a couple of ork trucks.

Also how do I get images to appear in the post rather than just links?

I borrowed my mates codex for a game against some orks and my flamer unit with FRFSRF on the lasguns mullered his ork blob and the Three autocannons killed a warboss and a couple of ork trucks.

Also how do I get images to appear in the post rather than just links?

Upload the image somewhere (imgur.com, photobucket, your gallery, etc).

When you go to post a pic, click the icon above the text entry box. 

It looks like a white bordered box, second row of icons about halfway across.

Put the URL of your image in the window that appears.

http://i.imgur.com/XP5zufE.png

Archived