[WIP] (H.E.R.C.) - MT/Elysian/Cadian Air Cav Strike Force

Audemus

Oh damn, That's incredible! As the definition of your name would suggest, this project has been a big job and you tackled it tirelessly, marching into battle with brush and green stuff in hand (However much trouble that hand might have given you) and earned yourself a pretty impressive army.

Side note: I'm about to buy my first Knight Crusader today, I've been planning for a while to just name it after whoever in this forum inspired my army the most, (I like named units to have some sort of meaning to them), and Audemus does have a pretty cool ring to it msn-wink.gif

Well consider me honored to be your Knights Namesake should you so choose to use my name!

Audemus (We Dare) was a name I found while playing the computer game Path of Exile where I designed the unique item Daresso's Defiance. As Daresso was known as Daresso the Daring, I went looking for a name that I could use that would represent him without just trying to copy the name itself and Audemus just stuck as great character name. Prior to using it, I used my old WoW character name Teleyn which I just made up out of the blue.

The Knight Crusader is a fantastic long range weapon and even when it's not killing things it causes your opponents to over-think troop movements for fear of it moving and then reaching out with it's long range weaponry to slap them silly. When I used it against the Space Wolves, I decided to pretend like it was a gigantic Vindicare assassin and crept behind a huge building with it, my opponent wasn't sure what I was up to until I popped out next turn and mowed down his entire biker squad (10? 12? I don't know, there were a freaking lot of them) in one strike. It then proceeded to harass the rest of the board until the game ended and only took 2 hullpoints as I was able to always ensure the enemy had to shoot at my Void Shields.

I technically could field two of them if I was feeling cruel but since one is in Skitarii colors and the other is in Lions of Leander VI camo pattern, I can't seem to bring myself to break up the matching units with red and bone white. lol biggrin.png

Sounds like we have much to look forward to :tu: As for your 750pt game, I'd not take a super heavy at that level. 1000pt maybe but at 750 some armies would really struggle to handle it - boys before toys is a good mantra most of the time but eve more so at lower points I reckon.

Sounds like we have much to look forward to thumbsup.gif As for your 750pt game, I'd not take a super heavy at that level. 1000pt maybe but at 750 some armies would really struggle to handle it - boys before toys is a good mantra most of the time but eve more so at lower points I reckon.

Yeah, I totally agree, I just don't have many inexpensive point-wise troops to put into combat. My largest painted force is my Scions and they certainly are not inexpensive point-wise!

So it was a long time coming but the Imperial Base has arrived for my Armies on Parade display. It brings with it a myriad of things I had not considered going into it, like the fact that I apparently need to base coat and then flock the board rather than paint it. *shudder* I have bad experiences with flock and sand for bases so the idea that I am going to be putting it all over this 2 foot by 2 foot board is a bit concerning, not to mention I don't even know where to order it. The ground needs to maintain the Mad Max-esque baked desert with dead plants etc. that I have built the entire forces troop and flyer bases on, so if anyone has ideas please save me from going into this blind!

Pictures below, straight out of the enormous box it arrived in (which will work perfectly for a carrying case to take it to the store next month):

http://i.imgur.com/rCaIBV8.png

http://i.imgur.com/vAD3SVm.png

http://i.imgur.com/RTnS4JA.png

http://i.imgur.com/Ddh0Adq.png

That's a great base, it's one I wanted ever since I first saw it :P As for basing such a large area get some cheap modelling sand from a hobby story along with cheaper paint - your wallet will thank you doing so much surface :P As for the glue, make sure it is a good coating of PVA and leave it over night to make sure it all sets. Then to help protect it a watered down PVA coating or two should help seal it in :)

That's a great base, it's one I wanted ever since I first saw it tongue.png As for basing such a large area get some cheap modelling sand from a hobby story along with cheaper paint - your wallet will thank you doing so much surface tongue.png As for the glue, make sure it is a good coating of PVA and leave it over night to make sure it all sets. Then to help protect it a watered down PVA coating or two should help seal it in smile.png

Thanks man! I'm going to have to wash it in the shower I think, which is going to be hilarious, but it's the only place I can get running water over such a large surface and scrub it down/let it dry. The Acrylic Rods should be cut next week and I caught a potential issue with the back side of the board being 2" higher than the rest of the board, which means one of the rods needed to be shaved down a bit.

Ignoring the fact that this doesn't show a square because I was just rushing it for Jeff to make sure the rods were cut to allow the platform to be even:

http://i.imgur.com/lX6LWST.png?1

Each rod is coming with two of the resin socket you would normally place on the model, so I'll be attaching the bottom one to the board and the top one to the surface above (if necessary as I may go with a wire frame and that would allow it to be tied off) with the clouds built up on it. I think I can get two aircraft suspended in the space without it becoming a scene out of the Jetsons with an air traffic jam. I have an Aegis Line I'm going to use the barricades out of as well and I'll be placing the gun platform with a comm relay at the top of the hill with the company command squad relaying orders.

That's the theory at least! This is going to be a very expensive theory if it doesn't pan out though, I'm over $200 just in the terrain components and I'm not even done yet.

Tomorrow is my GW Stores Anniversary which means the Marauder Destroyer is off to the races to be judged. Which also means I finished its' windshields!!!! God that was a nightmare and while there are a few pieces of run away super glue on the edges there is no fogging, so I'm going to call it a win. I was told I should bring an army but with the Marauder along, I don't have it in me to bring 4 Valkyries (still don't have the proper foam to move them), and as such the Hellhammer along with my Vulture might see some action, both of which have yet to see a game board.

I probably won't win with the lists I've put together but it should be fun to goof off with models people might not have seen before, maybe they'll let me sneak my Marauder away so I can go bomb some poor unsuspecting space marines! I'll bring my camera and try to do a battle report or a couple of them if my batteries hold out since I will be there for most of the day. Wish me luck!

Apparently the prize for the painting competition is potentially one of these (call me practical but I'll jump on spare tools to save me money in the long run any day):

http://i.imgur.com/NnwV6Ge.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iMblADR.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/UMllheY.jpg?1

Wow, I'm worn the hell out today. I was at the store from a little after opening (12:00 PM) until closing (9:00 PM) and I only sat down once!

It appears the painting tournament will be voted on over Facebook, rather than having it judged on location. As I was there with my good camera I offered to take the pictures of each entry instead of the manager since he was going to use his iPhone camera to do it. It's a versatile camera for a phone but my Samsung NX300 with an 18-55 lens kind of stomps it into the floor when it comes to picture quality! The manager has them now but he hasn't posted them yet, I'll link to it when they are up so you guys can check it out.

I got one stupendously long game (Especially considering my opponent had...15 models(!?!)) in and I'll be working on the Battle Report shortly.

I lost. sad.png

I allowed hubris to dictate my overall strategy...which translates to: I really really wanted to put the Marauder Destroyer on the table! So despite knowing full well I going against Space Wolves and having a slight idea that his formation was disturbing, I put the Marauder in instead of fielding the Hellhammer like the little strategist in my head was screaming for me to do. The results and full Battle Report will come as soon as I finish writing it but needless to say that despite playing things almost perfectly the Marauder Destroyer, central piece of the Lions of Leander VI, would in fact hobble me in the end.

If I had finished my second AM vet squad things would have been different as I came up with what can only be called a silly army list, it's completely legal, but for 1990 points I can get my Marauder Destroyer, Hellhammer, and the Imperial Knight Crusader all on the board. I won't run the list against someone who isn't a friend because I'm pretty sure the arrival of 3 LoW units in a 2k point game will make most people unhappy but I look forward to trying it out eventually!

As promised...

Battle Report

Turn 1

Deployment Type: Diagonal

Mission Type: Relic

Point Value: 2,000

I won initiative but has it snatch from me for the first turn.  The game opens up with a Landraider pulling right up to the relic, due to diagonal deployment, and dismounting a wall of Space Wolf death. My opponent is using a Space Wolf Formation, "The Champions of Fenris" (if I'm remembering that right) which means the dismounting squad is all characters and they just stepped right on the relic.  This is bad.  No shots fired in first turn except for a few from my knight which were deflected due to the Landraiders having 14AV.

My Knight moves back to try to get some space between himself and the Landraiders who are hunting it down, I do not fully pull him back in order to keep him in play to defend the guardsmen and Company Command Squad with whatever gunfire he can manage.

http://i.imgur.com/OHzZR3W.png

Turn 2A

My Veteran Guardsmen and Company Command Squad are hiding out in buildings with blocked line of sight, I mistake at a glance the weaponry on the Landraider for meltas when the sponsons are actually flamers.  This will come back to haunt me.

The Stormfang Gunship comes in for the Space Wolves and makes a beeline for my Knight, who is feeling highly uncomfortable at this point.

Psykers are loaded with powers on the Space Wolf side and the Landraider with said flamers is granted a 4+ invuln save.

http://i.imgur.com/Zi83RR2.png

Turn 2B

Another angle to show how close he is to the Company Command Squad.

http://i.imgur.com/D3jmxN2.png

Turn 2C

The Landraider unleashes a torrent of flames on the Guards cowering in the building with no viable targets to fire on. They will subsequently break and run for the edge of the board, crossing it during my next turn.

Meanwhile the Stormfang Gunship unloads on the knight and manages to get by its void shields with one shot, costing 1 HP.

http://i.imgur.com/phddUPE.png

Turn 2D

In what is a miraculous deployment, I nail every single reserve roll and the cavalry has arrived.  Not only that but the only true scatter puts a Scion squad into a trench line where they safely take up position with cover.  All Scions, besides the Command HQ who is deployed behind a building where he can issue orders safely, are in rapid fire range for their hot-shot lasguns and plasma guns.

The Vulture swoops in behind the squad closest to the looming heroes of the Space Wolf chapter and takes up position to rain lead down upon them in support.

http://i.imgur.com/oco0hPf.png

Turn 2E

The Marauder Destroyer comes in from the far edge of my deployment zone giving it a birds eye view of the battlefield.

http://i.imgur.com/200t2mv.png

Turn 2F

Movement Phase ends and Shooting phase begins with a snap order from the Scion commander ordering his men closest to the hulking Terminators that they are cleared to fire at will.  Receiving twin linked fire at point blank rapid fire range the Scions do just that...and I roll many dice!  I realize that I'm in trouble almost immediately, as "Look Out Sir!" begins to mitigate my wounds, due to the entire squad being made up of characters, distributing them in such a way that the already difficult to harm terminator armor is now shedding fire like nothing I've encountered.  That's when I find out that the squad also has "Feel No Pain!" which makes my tactical deployment suddenly feel like a death sentence as wounds delivered through the armor and moves around are suddenly being absorbed by "Feel No Pain!"

Not to be discouraged by the battle below the Vulture Gunship spools up it's Punisher cannons and begins tagging the terminators like it's going out of style.  17 of 20 shots land and 13 of those wound.  The saving rolls begin to come and once again "Look Out Sir!" and "Feel No Pain!" begin to distribute the wounds around.

My final chance to shut these monsters down on the Scion side comes from the entrenched squad who measure just inside of rapid fire range.  They open up from the right of the Space Wolves, raining fire and brimstone on them.  Even without twin link the number of dice I am rolling is absolutely crazy and I get a significant number of wounds in.  Repeat the story above and when it's all said and done, Logan Grimnar is at 2 wounds, the rune priest has been knocked out, and the rest have 1-2 wounds apiece left.  That's close to 60 dice, not counting the re-rolls from twin-link, with an average of 60-70% wound rate and I got a single rune priest.

I decide to let the Marauder Destroyer open up with the three twin-link autocannons in a last ditch effort to knock these monsters down and 5 of 6 shots land and wound.  All were saved.

Frustrated and staring at the flamer tank who is sitting there with a smile on its hull thinking it is going to flame my Scions next, I decide that this tank needs to be shutdown now.  Eight Hellstrike Missiles fly free and cut through the 4+ Invuln Save it has, leaving it a scorching wreck on the battlefield.

This results in a squad of melee terminators with a hero leading them to be dumped out in horrible proximity to my already besieged Knight.

The turn ends with the knowledge that the Space Wolves are coming for my Scions now and I can only wince waiting for the assault phase.

http://i.imgur.com/TzB9UW4.png

Turn 3A

The Stormfang Gunship flanks my Knight and the disgorged Terminators approach it, lining up for what is clearly an attempt to tear it apart during the assault phase.

Meanwhile the squad of characters has lined up with my Scion squad and as predicted, will be assaulting them shortly.

Psyker Phase arrives and Life Leech gives one hard fought wound back to Logan Grimnar, bringing him back to 3 wounds instead of 2. This will be a critical problem next turn.

Shooting Phase begins and the Stormfang lands a devastating shot to through the Void shields on the Knight and delivers 4 hull points of damage with it's meltas.  This puts me in a horrible position as my Knight has only 1 hull point left and is staring at a group of heavily equipped terminators.

Assault Phase begins and the expected disaster occurs...the Terminators rush through the overwatch fire and the character wielding lightning claws dismantles the Imperial Knight, sending the poor machine into a huge explosion.

Hilariously the explosion completely disables the Stormfang Gunship leaving it on the ground with 1 wound left.  Meanwhile the terminators, who took the blase point blank, shrug off the explosion and start heading for my command squad who has been melta-sniping the other Landraider from the building nearby.

http://i.imgur.com/IHtFqNn.png

Turn 3B

On the Scion side of the battlefield Logan Grimnar and his cohort of Merry Heroes crashes into the Scion squad on point and in two dice rolls the squad is just...gone.  The pavement is covered in blood and I'm pretty sure the Vulture pilot wretched in his cockpit.

http://i.imgur.com/RiED8sj.png

Turn 3C

The Vulture Vector Dances his way to the next Scion squad to support them, while the Command HQ maneuvers itself behind the entrenched unit to also provide support fire.

I learn something critical about the Marauder Destroyer at this point, it really only has 2 Shooting Turns on the table due to the sheer size of the damn thing, exiting on the third turn.  Where it will have to wait another turn before coming back for another pass.

Shooting Phase arrives and the hail of combined fire from the Marauder, Vulture, and Twin-Linked Scions (Ordered) are unleashed upon the impending doom that is rushing at them.  This leaves the entire squad with 1 wound, including Logan Grimnar, who healed one wound last turn during the Psyker Phase.  Son of a bitch.

http://i.imgur.com/Xi8Utl7.png

Turn 3D

As we can see, the Company Command Squad has been spotted but that Commander was setup as a point sink since I didn't have my second Vet squad done. He's sitting up there on the broken buildings newly renovated porch smoking a cigar and thinking it's a good day to die.

http://i.imgur.com/r3ZUiMM.png

Turn 4A

The Last of Leander VI prepare for what is coming in Turn 4, knowing full well that it will be horrible.

Assault Phase arrives and the Terminators come crashing up into the second floor interrupting my Commander mid-smoke, which one knows is absolutely rude, and squares off with the Morkai's Claw wielding terminator. In what is most likely a first he knocks the head off the snarling man with his Power Fist and subsequently saved 6 of the simultaneously received 8 wounds with his relic (4+ Invuln).

I can imagine the after-action report went something like this:

"Did the Company Commander die?"

Witness: "Yes sir he did."

"Did his men all die in one horrible swipe like tho Scion boys over there?"

Witness: "Why no sir, they did not."

"What happened to the rest of his men?"

Witness: "They were so inspired by their commanders show of courage that the three remaining men ripped another terminator apart with their combat knives before finally being pummeled into the ground by the remaining Hammer wielding mad men."

Bravo Guardsmen of Leander VI!

http://i.imgur.com/E5xXq4Z.png

Turn 4B

The Graveyard Shift - Logan and his cohort crashed over the trench line and once again demolished an entire squad of Scions in a single round.

As it was closing in on 9 PM and my men were almost all pulps of flesh scattered around the battlefield, I made a last ditch attempt to save the game and put my Vulture in hover mode rather than sending it flying away.

My Marauder had to fly off the battlefield and left a parting gift of a bomb right on the head of Logan, killing off one of the cohort.

Shooting phase began and my command squad ordered itself and then opened up with twin-link fire to no avail. Which left the Vultures Punisher Cannons as my last ditch kill attempt.  It was a valiant effort and though I cut down Stormcaller and another whose name I can't remember, Logan and one final character remained with one wound each.

The next turn would see them charge into hand to hand combat with the hovering Vulture (Who hovers an attack aircraft at arms length?) and rip it down to the ground.  Knowing that it was over, I assaulted Logan Grimnar with my Scion Commander, even knowing my Marauder was coming back in the next turn.

We were both tired and the store closed at 9 PM, which left us just enough time to clean up!

It should be noted the Marauder Destroyer did not lose a single hull point the entire game.  Weird that the giant, easy to target, flying monstrosity did not get hit once!

So, I was going to do this all at once but it's going to be quite a task and it seems rather silly to sit on things that long.  In fact, posting them will probably convince me to keep up the pace.  Somewhere along the way of writing my regiments history, I decided that a few paragraphs wasn't going to do it and since I absolutely loved the way things were presented in Forge World's "The Anphelion Project" well I decided to use their model as an inspiration.

This means, from time to time, I'm going to be putting up communique that will give a more direct feel to the background for the Lions of Leander VI.  I'm not sure if people will want to read it or not but my intent is to create a small booklet of star charts, artist renditions of the planets surface, and a journal of messages showing how close things came to Chaos overrunning the planet.

With that foreword out of the way...

http://i.imgur.com/QYMXhi2.png

Better pics when I get the time but the Hostile Environment guys are completed to the point where I need them to be right now; basically my goal for the moment was to get them to cover the Combined Arms Detachment requirements.  That's two of my three detachments available for use or expansion now without having to spend more time on base troops for the moment.  Elysian Drop Troops will be coming up after I finish some vehicles I've been working on and knock out the Armies on Parade display board.

Feels damn good to have these guys completed though.

http://i.imgur.com/KQVZwGC.png

Very fancy! Are you planning to add inquisitors to the force or was that more external fluff?

Not just external fluff - the planet is officially under the watchful eye of the Inquisition for 2 reasons (as my overall fluff hints at, I will be expounding upon it in the communiques):

1. Exterminatus Protocol was deployed to the planet surface in the form of a Viral Bomb. All living creatures were wiped out...but the plant life in the eastern humid regions of the planet were not destroyed. Instead they began to reprocess the Viral Strain like carbon dioxide and then expel a poisonous gas that no longer had any trace of the flesh eating portion of the virus left in it. This is why all my troops must be buttoned up for the plants are seemingly cleansing the planet of the viral strain intended to leaving it a dead husk but the expelled gas functions more as a poison and can be mitigated with controlled oxygen tanks and sealed combat suits.

2. The Inquisition cannot perform a more...finalizing Exterminatus, ala` flinging a moon at the planet, due tot he fact that Imperium and Mechanicum Scientists want to figure out how the plants are doing this as it should not be possible. The fear being that a chaos outbreak, especially one of the biological virus type (I'm looking at you Nurgle) will find a similar strain of planet and assimilate it into their host making them immune to the Viral Bomb which would suddenly make the act of Exterminatus an enormous sacrificial slaughter for the Daemons of Decay providing them with disturbing amounts of power.

I love the smell of burnt xeno in the morning...

Don't forget the Wagner playing in the background.

I love the air mobile concept.

Hell yeah! Air Mobile is only part of what I'm building now, I'm pretty sure that when I finish the two Avenger Strike Fighters I'm going to dabble in heavy armor. I may get people telling me that I should be using leman russ tanks and I know they are effective for rapid moving shock factor but I would really like to expand into some of the less expensive Malcadors and Macharius tanks to be used when the point value needs to be kept lower for additional detachments.

What can I say...my regiment lives on a planet that looks like a cross between Mad Max and The Road, without the refugees, and is mostly arid except for a few places where Jungle Plant and Fauna have been purging the atmosphere. I don't know, I'm thinking an updated German Ratte tank would be able to shed it's drawback for bridges in such a place and unleash the Emperor's Fury. Barring that, I'll take a train track with an 800 mm Schwerer Gustav, toss someone Icarus Array based sponsons on adjoining cars and a heavily armed crew then just watch it shell any invading force into the ground. cool.png

=====

That being said, I posted this in the regiment thread but I like to keep things in my WIP thread as well just to make it easier to find for people so....

Detailed Shots of the Lions of Leander VI - Astra Militarum - Hostile Environment Guardsmen Detachment

Lions of Leander VI - Astra Militarum Detachment - Company Command Squad

http://i.imgur.com/dAR42H2.png

Lions of Leander VI - Astra Militarum Detachment - Veteran Squad Alpha

http://i.imgur.com/CPh9yg2.png

Lions of Leander VI - Astra Militarum Detachment - Veteran Squad Beta

http://i.imgur.com/Agwtl8w.png

Been working on a banner this afternoon for the regiment.  Can't decide on a flagpole, I've got a test one in my signature, but I've re-straightened it a bit to make it easier to view.

Let me know what you guys think!

http://i.imgur.com/ydHhUEj.png

To add to what the other guys said; I like the layout of the flag, but maybe replace the light blue stripes in the starburst with the darker brown you find across your army and introduce that sharp blue accent in the lions eyes? Also, the text could be either the same blue or grey (Should you chose to go with it).

Curses... now I feel the compulsion to make a custom banner and I haven't even decided on the slightest bit of fluff :( *Bad ideas incoming*

I agree it needs lettering but before I go crazy on it in shop I wanted to get some ideas on the pattern itself. I may end up taking the lion head and stylizing it with the blue/grey I use in my force and then use the vary shades of brown around it. I may chrome and then weather an old marble lion for the center.

This is where I'm heading with it (Squadron logo I did for Star Citizen):

http://i.imgur.com/qOAjMpy.png

I just need to work a lion into things and put it on a regimental banner rather than a shoulder patch fighter squadron design. laugh.png

I put this in the Regiment thread but in order to ensure it's preserved within my WIP, I'm going to place it here too. 

The Reply Communique to my previous message as well as the history of the most recently completed detachment that I posted and the choices they had to make on the ground shortly after receiving information about the Viral Bomb being neutralized by the local plants and fauna of Leander VI.

Page 1

http://i.imgur.com/XLOvk69.png

Page 2

http://i.imgur.com/NKo5Lhu.png

It's refreshing to see an inquisitor that isn't all "I'm evil and hate everyone grrrrrr" and actually expresses some sort of conflict and thought, very noice!

PS - You ever need someone with a Retaliator and a Hornet Tracker, just give the word :D

It's refreshing to see an inquisitor that isn't all "I'm evil and hate everyone grrrrrr" and actually expresses some sort of conflict and thought, very noice!

PS - You ever need someone with a Retaliator and a Hornet Tracker, just give the word biggrin.png

Indeed, I was trying to temper the zealotry since Ordo Excorium are in charge with authorizing whether an Exterminatus is legal and pursuing rogue Inquisitors who use it without the proper clearance. As I was writing it though, I will admit that Inquisitor Orvelus may not be entirely as benevolent as his communique sounds. Often times when I write these kind of messages I just write them with a basic concept in mind and see where the character takes me.

Inquisitor Orvelus looks like a very rational man on first pass but when I read it through a second time it felt like he was intentionally playing up his mercy after spattering the interrogation room with a decorated guardsman's grey matter. He then "honors the Captains wish" and spares the men under his command but was it a kindness or did he do so strictly due to the shortage of skilled hands available to send to the surface for intelligence gathering prior to the arrival of Inquisitor Yvelan. How kind of a man could he be if he is sending the same group of men on death runs over and over under the constant peril of running out of oxygen, as the first mission at least had the scientists sealed lab for them to replenish their oxygen supplies.

I actually wanted to like Orvelus, as much as one can like a member of the Inquisition, when this started and potentially make him a character by modding an Inquisitor but now I'm not so sure he isn't just hoping the executed Captains men eventually don't come back and save him dealing with Yvelan's judgment upon his arrival. I will say this for the man; he's shrewd, calculating, and will sacrifice whatever is necessary to accomplish his mission. Which I guess, at the end of the day, are good traits in an Inquisitor. We'll have to see how things pan out upon the arrival of Inquisitor Yvelan.

======

For those who saw my post in the Army List sub-forum and the development of a mechanized strategy to support the existing Air Superiority model, the Lions of Leander VI are about to have another armored monster roll into their ranks (well, as soon as it stops raining here so I can freaking prime something!) and I thought I would toss up the unpainted model in all of it's Four Sponson glory. The sponsons are not glued, nor is the actual center of the tank for that matter, and I also have a few pieces separated that I learned would be easier to paint when doing my Hellhammer but here she is...

http://i.imgur.com/jt4HGUd.png

So, similar to the above Stormlord, the discussion of bringing Inquisitor Coteaz into my army list came about in discussing a bizarre and insane mechanized tactic. I noted that he could not survive two seconds on Leander VI the way his model was, as the poisonous atmosphere would have him coughing blood in seconds and throwing up chunks of vital organs shortly there after. Well, I think he kind of did that any as my clippers decapitated him about 5 minutes after exiting his Finecast blister...but oh well! Originally I thought an Elysian Rebreather head or a Cadian Hostile Environment head would get the job done...and I was wrong. The Elysian would work great if it wasn't so small in relation to the Inquisitors armor and it looked really bizarre set against the almost medieval lord armor and fur trimmed coat that Coteaz has.

I moved on to the Hostile Environment Cadian and found out that Captain America does indeed live in the Warhammer 40k world and a quick mod with a shield instead of the birds would result in modeling hilarity. The helmet looks very Guard like with the Imperial Eagle blazoned across the brow and World War 2-esque pockets lining it. If I was aiming for that, I would have hit pay dirt but sadly that's not the direction I wanted. So I started brainstorming while eye-balling my enormous bit box and glancing back to my GF as she does not enjoy the subsequent mess that comes from me shuffling through more than 100 left over sprues. Then she went to take a nap. Victory was at hand.

While thinking about what would fit appropriately with his archaic looking armor a light bulb went off and then the light bulb kinda flickered as it knew the part in question was at the very bottom of my bit box, which meant chaos theory digging through sprues and flinging them about in a fit of joy. I got to the part, which was honestly the furthest thing from my mind when, and put it in place with a tiny bit of green stuff at the bottom to hold it. After staring at the damnable thing for sometime I really liked how it looked, even if I wasn't thrilled by the fact the bit came from a unit whose body is in a nutrition feeding sack locked in its armor.

A standard Skitarii Vanguard helmet in all of it's bizarre medieval knight-looking half helmet glory was the perfect look and it even came with an oh so thoughtful rebreather unit attached under the enclosed helmet.

http://i.imgur.com/WYqiZgO.png+ http://i.imgur.com/OoMk8dW.png?1=

Inquisitor Orvelus - Ordo Excorium

(Coteaz wouldn't be at Leander VI but I'm going to run him as that point-wise)

http://i.imgur.com/WFmLAcp.png

Hope you guys like him because I don't think the green stuff I used to mold his collar and the loctite to seal his head in will be very forgiving if I attempt to dislodge it. ohmy.png

I'm very twisted on his bird, although it appears cybernetic due to the metallic mounts embedded in its spine, it just doesn't fit the character but replacing it just doesn't look right (I've tried Tempestus, Skitarii, Cadian, Elysian, and Space Marines (Hands are to big) arms). I really wanted to put the Phosphor Serpenta pistol on him as it looks like a really ancient flintlock crossed with a revolver but the arm it's attached to just doesn't work and I can't find another arm to put it on that really matches up with him.

Artwork of the gun, it's on the Skitarii Dragoon sprues:

http://i.imgur.com/p9irL50.png

Anyways, feedback is always appreciated, I may paint up the Inquisitors center mass and hammer then decided on his other arm so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Archived