Forge World Open Day 2015 - Amsterdam edition

Atia

med_gallery_79873_10492_113344.jpg

http://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/events-hall/external-events-2/the-next-external-event/

Howdy Guys and Girls smile.png

The FORGEWORLD Amsterdam Open Day is soon - only a week to go smile.png

Of course i'll collect and post any information during the event, so stay tuned^^

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More Shattered Legions...ugh

Well this will be the first time FW have touched the Shattered Legions actually.

that^^ both Shattered Legions and Dark Mec were planned for Conquest btw, but the book was already so full that they got scrapped back then :/

So, to summarize:

Book VI:

- Retalitation

- Shattered Legions (with army list/ way to build a Shattered Legions force) vs Iron Warriors said to be the main theme

- "Shadow Wars" - not really part of the main story line

- Traitors "Shattered Legions" represent hunting teams send out by Horus to eliminate the Istvaan survivers

- Rules for Blood Angels, Dark Angels, White Scars. Only RoW, specific wargear, Legion rules - no special characters, no unique units or Primarchs

- New RoW's for ALL Legions - Emperor's Children get Kakaphonii as troops, Word Bearers Gal Vorbak as troops

- Dark Mechanicus is in, probably rules only at this stage, Daemons as fuel and other crazy stuff, wargear options, special rules

- Black Shields are probably in

- new Titan Legion never seen before

- should be available end of this year afaik

Book VII:

- should be Prospero, probably called Inferno

- Space Wolves, Thousand Sons, Sisters of Silence/Sororitas Silentum, Custodes are in

- maybe Agents of the Warmaster/ Agents of the Imperator

- they want to bring all the basic troops out before the book hits (Upgrade kits, Dreadnoughts, transfer sheets)

- more information/presentation next year at the HH weekender 2016

- Russ will get Freki and Geri tongue.png

- Space Wolves are said to be more the Executioners, not Wulfi-Mc-Wulfiwuff

Book VII:

- either Signus/Thramas or Mars schism

- Daemons were planned for the second part of Calth/Ultramar, i guess we will see them now in the Signus book first

Skitarii/Mechanicum/Knights:

- 30k Skitarii are indeed in the works, Marc Bedford designed some 30k Skitarii upgrades but he must wait for the OK from the management to publish them

- Skitarii will be their own army list - not part of the Taghmata!

- 40k Mec stuff and Knights should be in the Mars schism book

- no Knight support infantery any time soon - they said the Solar Auxilia is intended for that

- there are concept drawings for Dark Mechanicum

- Ordinatus is finished and should be out within the next two months - more weapon options inc!

HH Masterclass book:

- should be out ~ Christmas

- should have paint schemes for all the Legions

- will use the FW airbrush paints

Solar Auxilia:

There will be more Solar Auxilla, but it was Edgar's project so now Israel is in the process to take over (so no new releases in the next time besides the Venetaris with Axes)

GW's "dreaded" Plastic Models:

- looks like the team is ok with it, GW will produce the basic units and FW will focuse on Upgrade Kits/Special Characters/Legion specific units/Titans again

- they will produce more HH books in the future!! FW continues their Quest =)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shirts and Mechanicum Red Book index:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/312935-forge-world-open-day-2015-amsterdam-edition/?p=4164131

Ordinatus and other stuff:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/312935-forge-world-open-day-2015-amsterdam-edition/?p=4164161

Solar Auxilia with power axes:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/312935-forge-world-open-day-2015-amsterdam-edition/?p=4164171

Mark Bedfort is drawing ALOT of dark mechanicus drawings!

Dark furies are finished, siege tyrants are in process

Looks like Book VI will include both the Shattered Legions - and an early Dark Mechanicus list (finally! but it seems rules only, no new models)

Also, for Dantay:

Prospero will come out after the basic models for it are done - so Custodes, Sisters, Wolves and TS ^^

Upgrade Kits, Transfers, Dreadnoughts should be out before the book hits^^

Book VI is still scheduled as we said earlier, Retalitation with Shattered Legions vs Iron Warriors

- HH Masterclass book around christmas

- Regarding Skitarii/Cult Mechanicus: They are working on dark mechanicum first

- Regarding the Iron Warrior torsos: They have no clue what the star is

- Regarding Knight support infantry: Solar auxillia are supposed to be the guards for the knights.

thanks @ AO for asking the questions for me wub.png

Also, you won't see daemon engines or stuff in the Dark Mechanicus list for now - these are later in the Heresy.

Keep in mind that the Heresy is now longer than original, Dark Mec is only experimenting with daemon stuff and better robots atm, (things like the Kaban-machine, daemons as fuel and other weird stuff) - but nothing for new models^^ think like the Legiones Astartes differences^^

and, they will make weapon options for the ordinatus within the.next year msn-wink.gif

Blood Angels, Ordinatus, Mor Deythan:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/312935-forge-world-open-day-2015-amsterdam-edition/?p=4164355

new transfer sheets:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/312935-forge-world-open-day-2015-amsterdam-edition/?p=4164369

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/312935-forge-world-open-day-2015-amsterdam-edition/?p=4164381

Sorry, I basically took no photos (couldn't find the censored.gif ing SD card this morning, which made me miss the train furious.gif )

Anyway, I've got a few things to add to this list :

• Doom of Mymeara 2nd edition should be out soonish (in the next couple of months), with an updated and expanded corsair list (new units, but no or few new models planned)
  • There was also quite a bit of very sweet concept art for Thousand Sons (depthcharge should be happy because tuning forks featured prominently smile.png) , some hairy heads (read possible White Scars and Space Wolves), iconography/transfers for the Legions of Istvaan III, and Invictarius Suzerain stuff. Since the Invictarius are already out and they didn't look exactly like the ones in the sketchbooks, don't read too much in to this. (One of the World Eaters symbols really made me go wow, a kind of a profile hound skull bighting a world, which isn't on the transfer sheet that already exists. I think AO108 took a snapshot of it).
    • As already mentioned, lots of amusing and eerie concept art for Dark Mechanicum, I think we're in for a treat with those ! Also, the sketches I saw still seemed relatively close to the loyalist counterparts, so there should hopefully be conversion opportunities.
  • Some talk about a possible online update of IA2, since Space Marines codex came out later
  • [irony]No-one new anything about any possible plastic heresy, and there is nothing to suggest that it will be out next games day...[/irony] Read that this is pretty much sure.tongue.png None of the designers seemed concerned about Games Workshop taking over, and seemed to feel that it should complement Forge World's stuff, as a launching ground.
  • I may have been too direct when I asked, but they didn't seem to be aware of any possible Chaos releases, they seemed to think it was "made up". As I said, I may have been to direct, so don't jump to conclusions.

For the Space Wolves, it seemed like they were starting to plan them, but really just the very beginning stages. They don't know yet what the final Legion symbol will be, so that's a fair example of how early on in the process they are. Mark Bedford's examples were grey armour with black pauldrons, with the Wolf in the Stars (the Great Wolf's) symbol from the decal sheets, but that is only to get an idea. However, they also seemed to be grizzled warriors with jump packs, so JPs might not be limited to Wolf Guard and Blood Claws ?

However, any fears about them being Wolfy McWolfy Wolves can start to be quelled. The idea really seems to be to represent the Emperor's executioners and exterminators, as they were designed to be in the fluff, moving back to disctinctly Space Vikings vibe, rather than silly wolfiness.

The Solar Auxilia with the axes are the only new models, but they are really nice. Of course, I wouldn't have expected much more, since it is only an open day, with bigger events coming up very soon.

Some info from Arac (Tabletopwelt.de):

Book VI (talk with Andy Hoare)
*White Scars, Dark Angels and Blood Angels are in with rules
*Shattered Legions rules for all Legions (Traitors: Horus send some small groups to hunt the Isstvan survivors)
*There will be more Solar Auxilla, but it was Edgar's project so now Israel is in the process to take over (so new releases aren't imminent)

Talk with Simon Egan
*there will be plastic Heresy from GW, but they'll continue

*Marc Bedford designs some 30k Skitarii upgrades but he must wait for the OK from the management (there's none at the moment) to publish them.

via Storm666, Heresy 30k:

Book 6 will also include new rites for all legions. Two examples were:
- Word Bearers: Gal Vorbak as troops
- EC: Noise Marines as troops

Also basic rules for BA, DA and WS will be included - including a rite or two, special equipment and legiones astartes rule. Argel Tal will be in a later book - not book 6.

Also the writers are done. Now the artists are doing the layout and adding some graphics. Should be available in this year.

On display were the SA storm section with power axes (nice models). The rest was known stuff. BA and DA upgrades do look very awesome as does the painted ordinatus - which btw has the craziest rules I've seen so far. You basically lay down a 7" template on his hull- move it 72" in one direction and everything it touches gets a hit. Depending on the tract it varies from a S5 AP2 hit to a SD AP2 hit - of course all with instant death, armorbane, ignore cover and pinning. It is just absolutely insane. Cost a bit over 1.000 points per ordinatus. The second one with a belicosa pattern volcano cannon cost 700 points. Both have the ordinatus shield which gives -3 Strength / on the destroyer table in turn 1, -2 on both in turn 2 and from then on only -1. It is absolutely unkillable and it does a lot of harm. The new Tau suit also was on display as well as on sale - but I didn't get the prize. Rules should be out in a couple of weeks as well as those new decal sheets (also very nice pieces).

All in all it was an nice and small event. There was the awesome Calth board in the center, about seven guys from the design team and the sales area. Everyone was really friendly. But I didn't get anything from the talk with simon about the next primarch :-/

also, via Garro from Heresy 30k smile.png

FW intend to start their dark mechanicum range and get it on its feet before wholesale porting the 40k AdMech range into the heresy. so its not in book 6 and won't be in prospero. however the mars scism book is loosely planned for book 8 or 9, depending on whether they want to do thramas/signus straight after prospero or not. in which case the mars book makes for a perfect place to introduce a large number of new mechanicum units, specially as the skitarii will consist of its own army list and not be random units joining the taghmata.

talk from the open day is that mark bedford's got some designs for upgrade/conversion kits for the plastic skitarii but is waiting for management to give him the go a head, so don't expect them for a while

but yeah, looks like we will see Space Wolves before Skitarii !

(will this be the new dark angels shoulder pads joke??!?)

also via Arac:

*there're 'Black Shields' in the book (Andy Hoare and Alan Bligh created them for Deathwatch). Here they're Marines who left their Legion and fight just for themselves
*the campaign is apart from the main events and portrays 'shadow wars'. With this it's possible to play several legions in one list. There's a shadow war for all 16 legions.
*Citadel seems to take over the basic troops (there was a talk with Simon about details and problems with plastic) - seems like FW will produce characters and more upgrade kits.

also, via battlebunnies:

Book VI:

Legion traits for 16 Legions (Not Vlka Fenryka or Thousand Sons).
Blood Angels, Dark Angels and White Scars will have Legion Traits. They will not have Primarchs in this book but will have the traits which will enable you to build a Legion.
Rites of War (including new ones) for all 16 Legions in this book. This includes a full Gal Vorbak force Rite of War and a full Kacophoni force Rite of War. This will be great to see, and hopefully we will get a taste of Heresy Emperor's Children coming through (lots of bright colours, piercings and handcuffs).
There will be a few new units for the Legions coming through, mainly stuff we have seen recently.
It will provide abilities to build shattered Legion forces. These have been very difficult to balance as could have easily have been a force where you painted a unit up in the scheme of the most effective Legion trait for that given unit (I.e. You may have a Breacher squad and decided to paint as Iron Hands as it would give you a better perk than if you painted it as Raven Guard etc).
Rumours are that the Black Shield force will be either expanded upon or buildable.
gallery_79873_10492_4526.jpg
Argel Tal will NOT be in this book.
There is a new Titan Legio in this book which has not been seen before.
No information about the battles this book focuses around, but the whole Meduson series of conflicts are what to kind of expect.
That's it. With the base Plastic range incoming I am unsure as to when we will see this book. It could be that GW want to tie it in to their new range which should be coming out end of October. Or they could release it as per Conquest around November after teasing it at a Seminar at the 40k Open Day.
I believe we will see Corax on the 17th of October for sale.
The next which is either Dorn or Alpharius will be shown at a seminar on the same day. It will be done by Israel Gonzalez. As Israel sculpted both Sigismund and Dynatt (and did a fantastic job on Eidolon), these can both be seen as training pieces really. I believe he will be doing both characters at this stage, with Egan starting work on Leman Russ, Freki and Geri. We may see Alpharius or Dorn before Xmas. The other at the HH Weekender 2016 (where book 7 will be shown off) with maybe a teaser of Russ. At the moment I can not be sure who would do Magnus but I would love to see Trish set to it as I believe she is more than capable.

Ravenguard transfer sheet:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/312935-forge-world-open-day-2015-amsterdam-edition/?p=4167539

Posted · Hidden by Flint13, August 27, 2015 - inaprops
Hidden by Flint13, August 27, 2015 - inaprops

Huh, Amsterdam, smart move. The singles can empty their wallets on resin and prostitutes. Profit for everybody. \o/

Is it possible to find out if the Space Wolves upgrade kits are coming soon please? Along with the Thousand Sons, or if they are going to hold them back until Prospero: The Razing is done?

All we know is the Wolves will be very different to their 40K counterparts. I would like to know if this is in looks, formation or both. I am currently keeping the wolfness to a minimum, besides the knotwork until I can see what the vision for them is.

Not fussed if the book is 2 or 3 years down the line, but I would like to know if any shinies are going to be coming our way.

I dont think I can make it through Dutch airport security again.

Sounds like there could be an interesting story here...

Feels like the last open day was only yesterday! Wonder how much new stuff there'll be. Maybe a preview of the next Primarch...

A huge huge request.

If someone goes, and FW is present, and you can get an ear of someone who is part of the rules design group (seen in HH 1 through 4) please ask them if they will hold to the pseudo 6th edition rules they are now, through to the completion of the series.

A firm 'yes' would be about the most important thing anyone at FW or GW could say right now.

I dont think I can make it through Dutch airport security again.

Sounds like there could be an interesting story here...

Feels like the last open day was only yesterday! Wonder how much new stuff there'll be. Maybe a preview of the next Primarch...

Alpharius!!!

I am going msn-wink.gif

@Scribe, if I remember to ask, I certainly will ask about it and post the anwer in this very tread

Would be great. I've put a hold on anything GW since AoS soured my local scene, FW keeping the faith would be enough to keep my group from jumping off the deep end. :p

Anyone who goes could they please ask about book 6. Shattered legions are meant to be in it and at last count they were struggling to not make them op.

Is anyone going who will be posting updates as the day progresses like myself and m r parker did for the uk open day.

On the question front, can folks ask whats going on with the Knights list? They arent in the Mechanicum big red book and neither are the newer plastic knights. As My Knights are Primarily for 30k gaming im somewhat concerned by that.

Also, a Gallant Variant with Dual Siege Claws would look awesome ;)

Muchos Gracias!

Archived