Forge World Open Day 2015 - Amsterdam edition

Atia

I agree with Slips, but I would say, test your yellows on some old miniatures first, then when you feel confident go for the command squad :)

And don't always go off of others IF's.There are some major talents on here that blow your mind and make the impossible look easy.

Do not compare yourself to them, but look to them for hints and tips.

May have been answered and may be too late to ask but does anyone know if FW will continue to produce its resin versions when GW releases it's plastic? ie When the MK IV plastic come out, will FW discontinue theirs?

I can see good arguments for and against it but personally I think more options are always better.

Thanks

I'm really looking forward to the next book! I've been wanting to do a loyalist army, but couldn't decide what Legion - Shattered Legions sounds like a great option, I'll probably mix some Iron Hands, Salamanders and Imperial Fists. Lots of heavy weathering and you can roleplay the various characters bickering about whose fault it is that they're in this mess.

So if book 6 is shattered legion, will book 7 be signus? Or the shadow crusade?

Book 7 hopefully should be Prospero.

Book VI: Shattered Legions/Shadow Wars -->  Book VII: Prospero --> Book VIII either Signus/Thramas or Mars schism --> Shadow Crusade/Imperium Secundus - but FW's schedule isn't set in stone, keep that in mind

Posted · Hidden by Brother-Chaplain Kage, September 7, 2015 - Off topic
Hidden by Brother-Chaplain Kage, September 7, 2015 - Off topic

I'm not gonna say 'I hope they arent made executioners' because I think its a horrible thing Dan added to the canon, and ADB already cast enough ambiguity on the concept when Angron told Russ to walk, and backed it up with Russ crawling away.

FW will not disappoint us, I am sure, they dont go all in on bad concepts (Executioners, Not just marines, Marines!, and assorted hyperbole) there will be some of it, and there will be hints, and there will be teasers, but it wont be as brutally communicated as Prospero Burns was.

At this point, I just want more HH books (fiction and rules!)

I don't think so. I have got a picture of the Tau titan standing next to the exclusive launch Space Marine Centurion (spoilers: the centurion is about as tall as that thing's heel) but I still have to get it up. (one of the three bad quality pictures I was able to take with my camera's internal memory...) the others were the painted ordinatus and a piece of concept art that has already been posted.

As a player of one of the older Legions, the news of new Rites of War is VERY exciting. There was also something mentioned about Legion Traits, are there to be alternative ones?

I think only alternate RoW. Legion traits are just getting implemented for everyone who isn't a son of Russ or Magnus :)

As a player of one of the older Legions, the news of new Rites of War is VERY exciting. There was also something mentioned about Legion Traits, are there to be alternative ones?

I think only alternate RoW. Legion traits are just getting implemented for everyone who isn't a son of Russ or Magnus smile.png

This. But yeah, new Rites of War is way too exciting. Sounds like the number available is literally going to get doubled, which is just amazing. And some of these might even make formerly "useless" units slightly more useful or even competitive. I'm sure the EC players would love to finally have useful Kakophoni, for example... And think of the ridiculous utility units like Maloghurst gain. He'll be able to take arguably the best aspect of The Black Reaving (Reavers as troops) and then just go ahead and combine that with a separate, exclusive RoW. There's some awesome potential.

Is this book also going to include the new Consuls? Kind of seems like a good opportunity to make things like the Praevian, Delegatus and whatever else they may have dreamed up in the meantime more official. Plus Praevian automata w/BA/DA/WS special rules, and maybe the automata points adjustments from the Mechanicum red book for Legion automata.

Like I said earlier this is getting tiresome

All the legions are snowflakes :P

All have their specialties.... I think literally the executioner is more a case of they will execute the order, whatever the order is rather, than hey we are here to execute you!! (pulls out a wooden block, a big axe and mask :D

Its like this schtick with Imperial Fists being the Emperors Praetorians. No they are not. The true Praetorians are the Custodes, they are the ones who truly guard the Emperor.

The Imperial Fists build walls to hide behind.

Ultramarines: Logistical snow flake

Imperial Fist: Hiding behind a wall and shooting stuff snowflake

Night Lords : Terrorific snowflake

World Eaters: Bloodthirsty assault snowflake

Alpha's: Sneaky snowflake

SoH: Elite, warmasters finest snowflake

T-Sons: Psychic snowflake

Salamanders: Fiery snowflake

Iron Warriors: Siege breaker snowflake

Emperors Children: Perfection/blade master snowflake

Scars: Super fast snowflake

Iron Hands, bionic mech warfare snowflake

Raven Guard: mobile warfare snowflake

Death Guard: bio warfare tough mothers snowflake

Dark Angels: Knightly snowflake

Blood Angels: Close quarter snowflake

Word Bearers: Daemonic snowflake

I think you're obscuring the issue. No other legion is an "executioner of other legions" snowflake. That is what's rubbing some ppl the wrong way. It's a bit tiresome that you don't see this distinction

I think that the assumption the whole 'executioner' thing refers to other Legions is the mistake here. I strongly suspect that FW will take it in the direction of the Wolves suppressing and exterminating succesionist forces within the Imperium - after all, over 200 years, there will have been plenty of Imperial forces which will have attempted to break away.

Of course after decades of doing this, the Wolves will start to believe this makes them special, and that if a Legion turned traitor they'd be especially good at taking them down, but self-delusion isn't a trait exclusive to the VIth Legion.

I think you are being a bit over dramatic B1soul and this stuff from a Space Wolves fans side of things is getting really tiresome.

I have to agree with Dantay here. Im so tired of reading my Legion get bashed in this subforum I pretty much just stopped posting here.

WLK

I think only alternate RoW. Legion traits are just getting implemented for everyone who isn't a son of Russ or Magnus smile.png

This. But yeah, new Rites of War is way too exciting. Sounds like the number available is literally going to get doubled, which is just amazing. And some of these might even make formerly "useless" units slightly more useful or even competitive. I'm sure the EC players would love to finally have useful Kakophoni, for example... And think of the ridiculous utility units like Maloghurst gain. He'll be able to take arguably the best aspect of The Black Reaving (Reavers as troops) and then just go ahead and combine that with a separate, exclusive RoW. There's some awesome potential.

Is this book also going to include the new Consuls? Kind of seems like a good opportunity to make things like the Praevian, Delegatus and whatever else they may have dreamed up in the meantime more official. Plus Praevian automata w/BA/DA/WS special rules, and maybe the automata points adjustments from the Mechanicum red book for Legion automata.

I'm honestly hoping for a Rite of War that reflects the Word Bearers pre-Enlightenment. I would love to see how Forge World envisions them fighting at the height of their fervor for the Emperor.

I think you are being a bit over dramatic B1soul and this stuff from a Space Wolves fans side of things is getting really tiresome.

I have to agree with Dantay here. Im so tired of reading my Legion get bashed in this subforum I pretty much just stopped posting here.

WLK

I've been guilty of the hate, but I don't think it's undue.

I think it's because of the old fluff tbh. Not to mention killing the TS without much thought. But hey, I think FW will set it right :)

On the topic of the FW open: new rites has got me excited as well. More variety for players is fun and will be good for the hobby as thematic lists are further encouraged. Also I want some of those solar aux veletaris with power axes but I don't have a solar auxilia army to put them in...

Why so much tension in regards to the wolves? I havent seen that many negative comments about any legion on this sub forum

Its the loyalist circlejerk equivalent of "abaddon is a failure/has no arms".

Nothing wrong with space wolves if FW can keep their theme in check with the grittiness that we've come to expect from them.

On the topic of the FW open: new rites has got me excited as well. More variety for players is fun and will be good for the hobby as thematic lists are further encouraged. Also I want some of those solar aux veletaris with power axes but I don't have a solar auxilia army to put them in...

I guess I'm use to so much Ultramarines hate I'm numb to it now. I'm sure FW will do the wolves very nicely

Archived