Forge World Open Day 2015 - Amsterdam edition

Atia

Sorry, I basically took no photos (couldn't find the censored.gif ing SD card this morning, which made me miss the train furious.gif )

Anyway, I've got a few things to add to this list :

• Doom of Mymeara 2nd edition should be out soonish (in the next couple of months), with an updated and expanded corsair list (new units, but no or few new models planned)
  • There was also quite a bit of very sweet concept art for Thousand Sons (depthcharge should be happy because tuning forks featured prominently smile.png) , some hairy heads (read possible White Scars and Space Wolves), iconography/transfers for the Legions of Istvaan III, and Invictarius Suzerain stuff. Since the Invictarius are already out and they didn't look exactly like the ones in the sketchbooks, don't read too much in to this. (One of the World Eaters symbols really made me go wow, a kind of a profile hound skull bighting a world, which isn't on the transfer sheet that already exists. I think AO108 took a snapshot of it).
    • As already mentioned, lots of amusing and eerie concept art for Dark Mechanicum, I think we're in for a treat with those ! Also, the sketches I saw still seemed relatively close to the loyalist counterparts, so there should hopefully be conversion opportunities.
  • Some talk about a possible online update of IA2, since Space Marines codex came out later
  • [irony]No-one new anything about any possible plastic heresy, and there is nothing to suggest that it will be out next games day...[/irony] Read that this is pretty much sure.tongue.png None of the designers seemed concerned about Games Workshop taking over, and seemed to feel that it should complement Forge World's stuff, as a launching ground.
  • I may have been too direct when I asked, but they didn't seem to be aware of any possible Chaos releases, they seemed to think it was "made up". As I said, I may have been to direct, so don't jump to conclusions.

For the Space Wolves, it seemed like they were starting to plan them, but really just the very beginning stages. They don't know yet what the final Legion symbol will be, so that's a fair example of how early on in the process they are. Mark Bedford's examples were grey armour with black pauldrons, with the Wolf in the Stars (the Great Wolf's) symbol from the decal sheets, but that is only to get an idea. However, they also seemed to be grizzled warriors with jump packs, so JPs might not be limited to Wolf Guard and Blood Claws ?

However, any fears about them being Wolfy McWolfy Wolves can start to be quelled. The idea really seems to be to represent the Emperor's executioners and exterminators, as they were designed to be in the fluff, moving back to disctinctly Space Vikings vibe, rather than silly wolfiness.

The Solar Auxilia with the axes are the only new models, but they are really nice. Of course, I wouldn't have expected much more, since it is only an open day, with bigger events coming up very soon.

We haven't seen all the BA heads and torsos previously have we? Plus the ordinatus was still a WIP last time it was seen. It's not quite the bonanza the Weekender usually is, but then this isnt the Weekender, I think they're showing a decent amount.

Thank yo Thorn, for the update. Atleast that gives me some idea what to aim for.. I saw in the rumours you can post your armies on the FW page. Might do that with my Wolves to see if they give me any pointers for the future ;)

A shame you didnt have the camera or I would have asked for pics of the early stage Wolves. Disappointing that they are in such early stages, esp. as T-Sons have atleat the upgrades done, but at least progress is being made... Hopefully the wait isn't going to be too long

Thank yo Thorn, for the update. Atleast that gives me some idea what to aim for.. I saw in the rumours you can post your armies on the FW page. Might do that with my Wolves to see if they give me any pointers for the future msn-wink.gif

A shame you didnt have the camera or I would have asked for pics of the early stage Wolves. Disappointing that they are in such early stages, esp. as T-Sons have atleat the upgrades done, but at least progress is being made... Hopefully the wait isn't going to be too long

There weren't really any early stage wolves, mark bedford had got some examples of marines of different legions in different stages of painting just to show a couple of ideas, but that seemed more like a personal project than a Forge World one (I may be mistaken, but hey...) for example, he'd got some Iron Warriors which were pretty much boltgun metal/silver all over, with bronze trims and gubbinz, including the Legion symbol. The wolves was pretty much a mk2 jump unit with bare heads from the GW Space Wolf pack.

New suzerain stuff?...

I doubt it, it even says in the quite don't read much into it. Probably early concepts or something.

Maybe its an option for a standard?

Fire Golem has it, sorry for not being as clear as I should. I didn't notice any standard bearer things, but I do remember one very rough drawing of an Invictarus with two power axes, the fronts of his pauldrons being a split ultima. A possible suzerain character to be ? possibly, but I really think that it was just early design sketches -> I included that really to show that some of the other concept art was probably pretty old and that we might not get those things like that.

Thank yo Thorn, for the update. Atleast that gives me some idea what to aim for.. I saw in the rumours you can post your armies on the FW page. Might do that with my Wolves to see if they give me any pointers for the future msn-wink.gif

There weren't really any early stage wolves, mark bedford had got some examples of marines of different legions in different stages of painting just to show a couple of ideas, but that seemed more like a personal project than a Forge World one (I may be mistaken, but hey...) for example, he'd got some Iron Warriors which were pretty much boltgun metal/silver all over, with bronze trims and gubbinz, including the Legion symbol. The wolves was pretty much a mk2 jump unit with bare heads from the GW Space Wolf pack.

New suzerain stuff?...

I doubt it, it even says in the quite don't read much into it. Probably early concepts or something.

Maybe its an option for a standard?

Fire Golem has it, sorry for not being as clear as I should. I didn't notice any standard bearer things, but I do remember one very rough drawing of an Invictarus with two power axes, the fronts of his pauldrons being a split ultima. A possible suzerain character to be ? possibly, but I really think that it was just early design sketches -> I included that really to show that some of the other concept art was probably pretty old and that we might not get those things like that.

Thanks. If I had to guess, it may be a tetrarch....i dont remember an option for the suzies to take a second axe....or maybe the locoturus(however its spelled) assualt marines?

Archived