Sergeant w/two Hand Flamers?

t-dog1996

I know that Blood Angels tactical sergeants can take two hand flamers, but someone at my local store said that he could only fire one of them in a single turn. I did some research and some people made reference to the rule 'gunslinger' which apparently allows him to fire two in a turn, but I can't find it in my digital codex. Could someone please clarify the rules on this for me?

Excellent. I had gone to the effort of converting another hand flamer by cannibalising a flamer, a pointing hand and a grav pistol, and finding the coolest pose possible, then after seeing me use him this junior staff member (blue shirt) starts telling me its a waste of time as he'll only get to fire one, and the fact that I'd been using him for several games meant I'd cheated. This is in spite of the fact that several store managers seeing me using it and not protesting. Thanks a lot guys :)

Oh I will, he's the self-righteous sort who thinks he knows everything so it will be especially sweet. At first he even refused to believe that I was allowed to give him two hand flamers, never mind whether he can fire both. He spent ten minutes perusing the Blood Angels codex trying to find a rule against it.

That sounds brutal. Played against a Sisters player recently and though I didn't embarrass myself he did win pretty comfortably due in no small part to those darned acts of faith. He gave his heavy bolter squads rending, which obviously meant the untimely death of my Stormraven (an infinite number of monkeys and all that) and subsequently my Terminators. Might look into taking some sisters as allies, which would even make sense from a fluff perspective thanks to Shield of Baal.

Excellent. I had gone to the effort of converting another hand flamer by cannibalising a flamer, a pointing hand and a grav pistol, and finding the coolest pose possible, then after seeing me use him this junior staff member (blue shirt) starts telling me its a waste of time as he'll only get to fire one, and the fact that I'd been using him for several games meant I'd cheated. This is in spite of the fact that several store managers seeing me using it and not protesting. Thanks a lot guys smile.png

This right here is enough to make my blood boil. How utterly insufferable that he would dare call your conversion a 'waste of time' whether you get to fire it twice or not. Its people like this who are the bane of any hobby.

Yeah, that's shifty work there. It's against the GW doctrines of customer service, too. Always be respectful to Your customers, and all that.

Also, Sisters of Battle Seraphim used to have a special rule which let them fire two pistols at once, but then Gunslinger happened, and now everyone gets to!

All the above is true, I just want to point out that gun slinger only applies with 2 pistol weapons, so you wouldn't for example be able to fire a combo flamer and hand flamer...

Also note he can still fire both pistols in overwatch, so in a tac squad with F,HF and 2x Hand flamers, you're getting 4x d3 hits at the various strengths

D

Old Sisters of Battle Seraphim rule was... their pistols counted as 1 twin-linked pistol, or on special weapon Sistsrs: 1 twin-linked inferno pistol per model, or twin-linked flamers (re-rolls on wounds) per model.   All were listed in the unit entry for Seraphim.  Just all one-shots with rerolling.   That's old Codex: Witchhunter stuffs.

Yeah, now everyone gets it.   Cypher lost his unique-ness too.

Also note he can still fire both pistols in overwatch, so in a tac squad with F,HF and 2x Hand flamers, you're getting 4x d3 hits at the various strengths

Wow.. overwatching flamer weapons is naaaaaassty.  :)

take assault squads free pods, with 2xflamers plus dual pistol flamers, but still i dont believe any Blood angel player has problems vs horde armies :) with so many flamer even in tacticals, furiosos, and death companies attacks :) if i would go pistols would go 2x melta-pistols which give more anti-tank potential.

In my experience, 40k is the sort of game that attracts preachy people like moths to a flame. There are people who play the game that ARE fun to play against and socialize with. It's just that those people are few and far between in my area >.<

I'd quietly mention to the store's manager what happened. Staff member shouldn't ever be talking like that to a customer. As an ex-GW manager, I'd be having some very serious words with any staff member of mine who spoke to customers in anything like that kind of way.

No need to go causing a ruckus, but just mention to the manager the next time you see them that his staff member told you your conversion was a waste of time. That's absolutely not on.

It's not uncommon for staff to be unsure about aspects of the rules, that's par for the course when there are so many new staff members and so many new rule sets across so many different game systems. The problem I see is a staff member being actively disparaging about someone's hobby. That's inexcusable.

Problem is, when it's a staff member, it feels like an official statement. "Oh. This thing I just spent money on and spent ages designing and making it look super cool because I love it? Games Workshop just told me I wasted my time." That makes me feel a little bit ill and a lot angry.

OP: even if you weren't allowed to shoot both weapons in one turn, if you think the model is cool, then you're winning. It's your hobby - do the stuff that makes you enjoy it.

:)

Archived