Razorback Inferum in a Lions Blade

Dark_Master

Hello Brothers

I was looking through my IA2 2nd Edition, when I noticed the Infernum Razorback.

Basically it's a razorback with a Multimelta (Normal RB + 10pts)

The wording for including is "An Inferum Razorback may be taken by any unit that may take a Razorback as a Dedicated Transport choice".

Now questions, what are your opinions?

1. Can I take it in a Lions Blade?

2. If part of a Battle company, do you pay points for it? As the Multimelta is not an 'upgrade', it's stated as included Wargear. Or would you pay the 10 points difference from a normal Razorback?

Cheers

DM

Why? The command benefits section doesn't state it has to be from the codex.

You can have a "Rhino", a "Razorback" or a "Drop Pod". Those are all specific Datasheets.

It's not a "Razorback", it's an "Infernum Pattern Razorback". It's a separate, self-contained unit and there's nothing to suggest it counts as a regular Razorback for any other purpose.

But it is a 'counts as' Razorback due the wording in the IA2 2nd Ed.

Otherwise you wouldn't be able to use it at all in a Lions Blade.

My thinking would be that the 'option' stated in the Command Benefits would in compass the Infernus part and so you would have to pay the extra 10 points.

DM

No it doesn't. What wording?

You would still be able to use it in a Lion's Blade as a dedicated transport, that's over and above the listed units, it's just another option available to units. You don't get it for free though, because it' s not specifically mentioned in the list of free transports.

i.e. IA2v2 adds it to the unit's options, but not to the Lion's Blade list of transports you can take for free.

If a Formation says you can take "A Land Raider, Land Raider Crusader or Land Raider Redeemer", do you assume the first Land Raider means any Land Raider at all, and that they just called out two of the variants on a whim?

When they mean "any", they say "any".

I would pay the the 10 points, because the multi melta is your "upgrade". The standard predator is called a destructor patter, but you pay for the upgrade to a annihilator, which is las cannons. I don't know the standard razorback pattern name, but the infernum to me just means multi melta upgrade. That is my interpretation, and that's how I would play it

It's probably fair to pay the ten points...but as the rules are written, you can take it at full price, but you can't get it under the "free transports" thing.  Lucien is right, it's like the difference between a deathwing terminator and a deathwing terminator sergeant.  If you can get the Infernum under the freebie rule (even at +10 points), then under our old codex, you could give a thunderhammer to your deathwing sergeants, because after all, aren't they deathwing terminators, too?

See I get confused every time you guys talk about the DW sergeant from our old dex. I'm looking at it right now and on page 99 it says "any model can replace all of its weapons for twin lightning claws or a thunder hammer and storm shield" the next option is "any model can replace it's power fist for a chain fist" where are you guys seeing the sergeant can't take weapons?

Archived