A Tale of 18 Hobbyists

GhostMalone

I know it's my month off but I am still chipping away hobby wise.

I've been sorting through loads of bits and finally getting some resemblance of order to the hobby space. Managed to get some masters ready to cast up bases for this force. Keeping them simple with just a texture in the top. Will allow me to have the option of keeping them fairly plain or add details as I go.

I'm hoping having bases ready to go will help push me through the higher volume of painting I need to start producing. :tu:

So work didn't die down like I thought it would and Ive been swamped the last couple months. Apologies to all for ghosting this thread. The good news is the end of the season is finally in sight, and plans are in development to come back like a tsunami. The start of such plans:

http://s16.postimg.org/hrg26045x/image.jpg

So work didn't die down like I thought it would and Ive been swamped the last couple months. Apologies to all for ghosting this thread. The good news is the end of the season is finally in sight, and plans are in development to come back like a tsunami. The start of such plans:

http://s16.postimg.org/hrg26045x/image.jpg

And I'm excited for this keep it coming Kba

mithrilforge: model is looking really nice, very good gold on him

Kurama: Hope all is going well, looking forward to the surprise!

SW1: I envy you getting any order to your hobby space, mine is always some form of organized chaos

KBA: Double chainfist looks so amazing

Finished my Deredeo and my Tarantula

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af182/Zujara/Word%20Bearers/deredtaran_zpsocoaozcx.jpg

Motivation has been high so far, but now Fallout 4 comes out... hopefully I can still get everything done!

great stuff guys,

SW1 -glad your still doing something to help the process of modelling.

KBA - Double chainfists and flamers = wub.png oooh forgeworld!,that beast is clearly Close assault orientated tongue.png

Zujara - your starting to mimic Kurama, your a painting machinecool.png i can't make it out!, what's on the base that's metallic,is it a turret top?

Mithril

It's actually ended up being quite a cathartic process. The old hobby room which is getting converted into a bedroom was full of bits and bobs in no order at all.

We've ended up filling the car 4 or 5 times with stuff to take to charity shops, recycling centre and the tip. I've also got a bunch of stuff ready to ebay which should add a healthy injection of cash to the family budget just before crimbo. :tu:

Once I get all the bits sorted I'm going to add pics to the thread I've got documenting my attempt to work through the backlog of models. I've also found a few kits I thought had been thrown or lost which is even better. :D

I've finally got a hobby desk with enough lighting (it's situated in the corner away from any natural light) and worked out a way of raising the height enough to comfortably paint at (I'm 6'4"). So now I'm set up to be able to crack on with painting stuff and can leave it out rather than having to pack everything away like I was doing when using the kitchen table. Yes I know how stupid that sounds as I had a huge hobby room and it was that much of a disorganised mess I ended up painting in the kitchen!!!

I feel like the white rabbit, because all I can think about is how I'm late, I'm late, I'm so very Late!!! This is gonna be a two-in-one/three-in-one sorta post.

To kick it off, here's last months Fluff submission, only two weeks late!

++++Downlink Established++++

=][= Restricted Access System =][=

IUID:****************

PW:*******************************

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++Alpha Clearance++++++++

++++++Inquisitorial  Archives++++++

+++++++++Briefing Report+++++++++

++++++------V. Balavedan-------++++++

IAD access history:: Inquisitorial Data Archive||RESTRICTED:Ordos Minoris-****_******||Spite of Glatisant||Facilities/Capabilities||WalkerBay||NOVWAR:Dreadnoughts-Librarian Dreadnought|NOVWAR:Librarium

Re:Librarium of the November Warriors

As is overwhelmingly documented, Psykers tend to put others on edge. Among the Novemberine[1] the case skews different, the command integration of the November Warriors Librarium is rare but effective. Their battlefield roles tend to be limited, especially in light of the many shared battlefields with Crusade elements of the Black Templars. They are the keepers of lore, maintainers of the records of history, and the predictors of what's to come. They're specially needed for the nature of the November Warriors mission, and are often the conduit through which the Chorus of Enhasa[2] convey information about astrogation, warp translations, and +Redacted+[*].

The Librarium is lead by Chief Librarian Alastor Caina, wielding the Force-Staff Thundering Vengeance, seconded by Epistolary Gavida. Their conclave plays rare host to a Dreadnought interred Librarian, former Chief Librarian Alfador in the chassis Zeal of Razgriz [3]. While not common among Astartes chapters not of Blood Angels descent, the November Warriors have already shown their willingness to recover and utilize some of the more Esoteric weapons on the Imperium [4].

It is specifically because of the choice to use those weapons that the Librarium and the Reclusiam have the deep and commingled relationship that they do. Though there was no no decree the two organization have kept in lockstep, with Librarians and Chaplains being partnered and assigned to combat companies. [5]

Librarian Casamir and Chaplain Polder care for the needs of Captain Albicuri’s Assault company, while Librarians Heim, Calabi, Mostow  and Chaplains Burkhard, Yau, and Prasad tend to the needs of the three Tactical Divisions. Librarian Arkani and Chaplain Savas have earned Terminator honors and are generally found in their company. Chief Librarian Caina and Rechlusiarch Kurrican are often found fighting alongside command elements, but will also often  lead Terminator squads as well. Along with Alfador in the Dreadnought Zeal of Razgriz, former Rechlusiarch Algetty is interred in the Chaplaincy’s dreadnought Reclaimer of Arris [6].

[1] A collective name for those operating from the Spite of Glatisant, it is also one of the names many different names for the November Warriors.

[2]The Spite of Glatisant has three Psyker Choirs, Vimana, Kajar, and Enhasa, they each share some of the general workload of astrogation and communication, but are also charged with +Redacted+[*]

[3] There is a high probability it was a Chassis belonging to the Blood Angels, it’s date of recovery is unknown. It is named for the squad that located and extracted it.

[4] The full arsenal of the Novemberine is extensive and deep. Technology from the earliest days of the Imperium sit alongside weapons only found in the closed arsenals of the Blood Angels and Dark Angels. Questions may arise with this knowledge, but those questions will go unanswered to any who aren’t of November.

[5] Formed in this way, there have been several benefits shown for the preferred mode of warfighting of the November Warriors.  

[6] Named for the combat actions at Arris Hive when it was attacked by Xenos. The Dreadnought provided heavy support and dealt the killing blow on the Xenos commander.

[*]++Redacted by order of Ordo +Redacted+: Clearance Level Insufficient++

Redactions for Redactions, it's ridiculous! Though as the months go by, these redactions may become clear as to why they've been redacted the way they have. Though the first person to guess which Ordo Ms. Balavedan belongs to, and is ordering the redactions wins one internet cookie.

So lets get past that R word, and keep on moving. This month is the month of November, I mean that in every possible way that can be taken, so I have a special project I will be working on.

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag67/NovemberIX/Tale%20of%2018%20Dreadnoughts/07FF68AB-4717-4138-8179-FC767B79A2E9_zpscxdy81eu.jpg

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag67/NovemberIX/Tale%20of%2018%20Dreadnoughts/88ED3C77-420A-49DA-BE79-2BF251C69AA3_zpsntxftkdm.jpg

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag67/NovemberIX/Tale%20of%2018%20Dreadnoughts/729043B4-3FFF-4E18-A988-4D353F8B48B6_zpsfc8yffyf.jpg

And I've got to get it all done by the 27th for an Apoc game that I'll be hosting.

Now for the part I've been remiss on. Everyone has been doing such awesome work, and I've been keeping up with as much as I can.

@Zujara I enjoying looking at these units you're finishing off, they're just so crisp and clean. I do wonder how many units you and I will be doing that are the same (one of my next projects is a Rotary Quad Mortar!)

@KBA Those dreads look like an idea I need to steal quite badly. They're just menacing, and I can only imagine what they'll look like once painted

@Mithrilforge I'm very interested in how you're doing your Kastelans, I like the interplay of metallics you have going on, it makes for a very baroque feel, I hope when I paint my Kastelan bots and start my admech army, it looks even half as good as you've been putting up.

@Praefectus Invictus I'm not sure what to say about your Ultramarines other than they are amazing, much like with Zujara, your marines are just increadibly crisp, and I'm just a bit jealous at the quality of your work.

@Helter Skelter I can understand your pain to some small degree, it looks like a kit with a bunch of fiddly bits with fiddly connections.

@Dantay_xv I really really like what you've done with your wolves, they have so much character, and the painting is spot on, kudos to you!

So with that, I'm sticking my head back down and getting to work! Happy trails y'all!

@November - thats a cool city board!,i love the buildings wub.png You really should name it "Payares City" or "Greater Marraskuu" msn-wink.gif (both mean november)

really looking fwd to seeing it done, and thanks for the kind words.

cheers Mithril

how are the digits Kurama??

++EDIT++ added update WiP pics.

"Ad mech, Hybrid Eversor Assassin Mk-2.

mock up is pretty much done,green stuff on the silencer and maybe a marine scope?? then just need to find a sword in scabbard that suits to attach to the backpack and then its paint time...

med_gallery_9146_6928_1577975.jpg

med_gallery_9146_6928_1235561.jpgmed_gallery_9146_6928_1594178.jpg

Mithril

Next up is this:

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/dantay_xv/20151115_114705.jpg

She is going to need a name, from one of the Valkyries.

Just as the Fellblade was named ReginLeif (Daughter of the Gods) and the Sicaran named Togn (Silence), so shall the Land Raiider Achilles be named from the Valkyries in Viking saga.

All ground vehicles will be named as such where possible, due to the fact they support and oversee the men bringing war. In traditional Viking stories the Valkyries would choose from the slain, which would go to Valhalla and which would not. As there are no medical transports II figured this would be the next best thing.

As an aside, my fliers will be named after dragons of legend, so my new Fire Raptor will be named Nidhog (Eater of the slain). I will need names for my Caetus and also my Storm Eagle. I am considering keeping Jorgmandr (Father of dragons) aside, incase I ever buy a Thunderhawk.

Yep, so if you guys can come up with any valkyrie names for this mighty beast of war then I am all ears.

Thanks NovemberXI, I am glad you like the Wolves thus far. I am trying to strip back the over wolfified stereotype that has been cast upon them and trying to get back to grass-roots. Loving your vibrant yellows and you Secret Weapon tiles.

Okay, this is the most extensive list of Valkyrie names I could find, I didn't realise that everyones favourite fantasy barbarian was named after a Valkyrie (look at the bottom of the list):

Name is in Gold, description in blue and name meaning in Red

Brynhildrshe was also called Brünnhilde or Brynhild. She was a shieldmaiden and Brynhildr was the daugther of Budli. Bright Battle

Eir, she was a goddess and or a Valkyrie, she was associated with medical skill. Peace, Clemency, Help, or Mercy

Geiravör Spear Vör/Goddess

Geirdriful Spear Finger

Geirönul The one charging forth with the spear

Geirskögul, it was two separate or an individual Valkyrie. Spear Skögul and SkögulSpear Shaker or High Towering

Göll Tumult, or Noise Battle

Göndul Wand Wielder

Gunnr War or Battle

Herfjötur Host Fetter or Fetter of the Army

Herja Devastate

Hlaðguðr svanhvítshe was the sister of the Valkyrie Hervör alvitr Swan White

Hildrshe had the power to revive the dead on the battlefields, and used it to maintain the everlasting battle between Hedin and Högni.Battle

Hjalmprimul Helmet Clatterer, or Female Warrior

Hervör alvitrshe was the sister of the Valkyrie Hlaðguðr svanhvít All Wise, or Strange Creature

Hjörprimul The Sword Warrioress

Hlökk Noise, Battle

Hrist Shake, Quake, The Quaking one

Hrund Pricker

Kara The Wild, or Stormy One

Mist Cloud or Mist

Ölrun Ale Rune

Randgrior or Randgrid Shield Truce, or Shield Destroyer

Ráðgríðr Council Truce, The Bossy

Reginleif Power Trace, or Daughter of the Gods

Rota Sleet and Storm

Sanngriorshe has been the mentor of the Norse hero Sigurd Very Violent, Very Cruel

Sigrun Victory Rune

Skalmöid Sword Time

Skeggöld Axe Age

Skuld Dept or Future

Sveid Vibration or Noise

Svipul Changeable

Tögn Silence

Trima Fight

Thrudshe may or may not have been a Valkyrie, but there was a Valkyrie with the name Thrud. Thrud was the daughter of Thor and Sif. She is the half sister to Magni and Modi Strength or Power

Thanks for the kind words y'all!

So I've learned a lesson today, rotary tools (aka dremel's) are really kinda rubbish at sanding mold lines. The Pegasus kits have a small mold line that splits the walls front and back, not to big a deal right? So I figured I'd be a smart cookie and use the right tool for the job, 240 grit sanding wheel and low speed on the rotary tool. It'll sand down the mold line alright, but in the process the excess plastic partially ablates until it reaches an edge and then just builds up. It did leave a relatively smooth surface behind I suppose, so let's call it a semi win.

@Mithril I'm gonna have to keep those names in mind, they both have such lovely etemology. So don't be suprised if you see them pop up in the future :)

@Dantay I personally would probably go with either Hrist or Herja (quake / devastate) as for dragons the only named ones I can think of is puff the magic dragon ;)

Thanks November and Helterskelter. I am leaning towards Herja just now, as it sounds more feminine, and we all know there is no wrath like that of a woman :D

Quick update. I quickly drybrushed in the metallic areas. I am trying to get a heavy aged bronze look to the metals on the tracks and a worn but cared for almost brassy look rather than my shiny golds which I am used too doing on the plates and fittings.

Do you think I managed it, or does it need some more washes?

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/dantay_xv/20151115_212219.jpg

I also tried out some heat was for the melta's. I plan to mount Round shields on the meltas, so will probably keep all the weapons black, atleast for now. I am gonna have to work out 2 complimentary designs for this little lady

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/dantay_xv/20151115_211746.jpg

This isn't going to be the grey of the Land Raider, it is just the primer. It was my bad fortune to go to a GW store on pre-order weekend for BaC and it was shut.

So I didn't get any mech grey, so I am working up the courage to start mixing paints for this wee behemoth...

Anyhoo let me know what you think?

Helterskelter, my apologies over the destroyer missile launchers.. I'll get them out to you as soon as I am back. Got one day at home before getting sent back out. Should be in the next 10-14 days :)

Ol guys since I have surgery in the morning I won't be hosting or running this event for the next 7 months, but don't threat I've entrusted the administration duties to lady Atia.

So any questions or queries direct them to the rumor tower and don't give her a hard time.

- Taron

Ol guys since I have surgery in the morning I won't be hosting or running this event for the next 7 months, but don't threat I've entrusted the administration duties to lady Atia.

So any questions or queries direct them to the rumor tower and don't give her a hard time.

- Taron

Really hope the surgery goes well thumbsup.gif

Also want to say that I'm currently still stuck with my Khorne Daemons (need to hurry or ol' Semper is turning me into a Bloodspawn) - but should be able to kick in mid december with 1,3k points worth of Knights :)

Good luck Kurama. Named a Wolf after you :)

Hope the 7 months pass fast and you recover well. B&C will be quieter without you.

On the plus side, imagine how much plastic & resin you can stockpile over 7 months just n time for ETL6.

Archived