Chapter 888 (Ultramarines...kinda)

Kierdale

Decals are on (at least two per scout), 15/20 are weathered! I’ll finish the weathering, do powders then lenses and they’re done.

med_gallery_63428_11269_592794.jpeg

The sternguard and 3nd captain are coming along well.

I’ll get started on the Razorback with rattle-cans soon!

Thanks!

I finished the four squads of scouts at last!

First squad, tooled up for close combat:

med_gallery_63428_11269_586553.jpeg

Second squad, snipers

med_gallery_63428_11269_722907.jpeg

Third squad, dakka

med_gallery_63428_11269_391826.jpeg

Fourth squad, not as much dakka as third, modelled a bit sneakier

med_gallery_63428_11269_697105.jpeg

I’ll post individual photos in my Hall Of Honour thread soon.

I hope to get to use them sometime in games!

In fact five may get some table time next Friday as I promised to show some of my students my models and play a couple of games with them. I’m taking the AoS Storm of Sigmar starter set, and Lost Patrol. I might take all 25 scouts and, if we have time, do a little 40k.

Meanwhile I set to work on the razorback with rattlecans last night, and here is a WIP of the sternguard and second captain:

med_gallery_63428_11269_436600.jpeg

THAT SNIPER SERGEANT OMG

*swoons*

:D

Thanks!

He’s one of my favourites.

Decals applied (of course I’m also doing the top hatch for when I used it as a rhino, but am focusing on the razorback bits for ETL now) :tu:

med_gallery_63428_11269_287631.jpeg

And my favourite one, for the lascannon turret:

med_gallery_63428_11269_1052579.jpeg

“WARNING: High output laser. Do not look straight. Seek medical attention immediately in case of accident.”

Some cleanup is needed, and weathering (which should hide that fingerprint on the side of the searchlight cover) is next. Then mask all the white areas and spray on the Caliban Green.

I am such a fan of your work :wub:

So ... Land Raider next?

A little early for a LR, I think. I have a techmarine and thunderfire to repaint. A FW Chaplain dread waiting for me in Blighty (I’ll pick it up at Christmas)...will need another dread so I can arm the Chap (literally). I want more scouts, inc. bikers...LS Storms...more terminators and sternguard...need some vanguard too :D

But in the immediate future; once this vow is done I need to do the GCS opponents for the Armies On Parade board and make the board!

Green and whites really popping here :D Also good to see the magnet creed in effect ;)

Thanks. They put so many options in the kit, how could I not magnetise? :D

Thanks!

The use of the building scenery is so top shelf.

I had seen someone use those Sanctum Imperialis bits before and was lucky enough to snap up an Imperial Sector box, so I’ve got three sets to use :tu:

As this is a first company razorback, I think the ornamentation is excusable :D

That reminds me, I also saw someone put the eagle head from the Shrine Of The Aquila as a battering ram/hood ornament on a Chimera and it was great.

I was supposed to powder and varnish the models today but after days of dry 35C+, this evening we had heavy rain and though it was brief it shot the humidity up to spraying-will-absolutely-mist levels.

Tomorrow, then.

I did instead make a Mars-red rolled up camo net (from bandage) to rest atop the razorback’s ram :tu:

Thanks!

The look so good all together, fine work indeed :tu: Just needs some Dreads, Assault Marines, more tanks... ;)

When I’m back in Blighty at Christmas I have a FW Chaplain dread to pick up and will get another dread to go with him.

I still have my tactical squad to finish off and a thunder fire to repaint as Mentors.

But I must work on my GSC (started a thread. Link in my sig) and the AoP board first!