SW1's Tale of 18, =][= and allies. ;)

SW1

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/emperor_of_mankind_by_d1sarmon1a-d8r46fh_zpsk0mi3rsv.jpg

By the order of his most Holy =][= Inquisition, I your most humble servant bring tidings from Inquisitor Lord Stefanos Wulfram "Exterminatore Mundorum".

A small fact finding force will arrive shortly headed up by Inquisitor Vladmire and his retinue. Your full co-operation is expected, anything less will be dealt with accordingly ...

=][= Inquisitor Vladmire =][=
Vladmire was pulled from the sweaty masses of humanity and thrown into the maelstrom of battle at an early age by Inquisitor Wulfram. A great believer in adversity bringing out the hidden diamonds from the pebbles littering the sea of humanity. Time and again the young Vladmire came back from seamingly impossible missions with barely a scratch. It seemed some higher power was protecting this youngling. Could it be a sign Wulfram had been waiting for? Not one to rush in he was cautious, continuing many more arduous tests of purity, faith and mental fortitude. It took Wulfram 17 years of constant testing to finally be satisfied he had found a worthy acolyte. One he could nurture into something exceptional, a fellow Inquisitor.

Once the decision was made Vladmire very quickly proved the decision was the right one. Like a sponge he took in information and showed an aptitude to put that knowledge to action. What started as an almost parental relationship quickly developed into one of brothers. When Vladmire saved Wulfram's life by tackling a fell daemon of ++ expunged by order of =][= ++ he knew the lad had finally earned the full title of Inquisitor.

Vladmires Flock

"Look through ye eyes of youth un truth will ye find laid bare" - Teachings of Inquisitor Lord Stefanos Wulfram.

Following on from the example of his upbringing into the Inquisitions fold. Vladmire has collected a large following of youths that have caught his eye as a possible candidates from many locations, cultures and backgrounds. A more diverse family has never been seen, ranging from savage ganger juves from the sumps of mighty hives to the children of the educated elite. Truely where they came from does not matter in the eyes of Vladmire, the one thing uniting them all is surviving certain death after all around them did not. What had saved them when all others had died? Vladmire follows Wulfram's belief that the hand of the Emperor himself can be seen in their plight and they have been saved for a higher purpose.

The life they lead is not one of easy living, infact many bemone the day they were given a second chance, wishing they had joined their friends and families in deaths. One thing is certain, all are given ample opportunities to join their loved ones if they so wish. To an outsider this can come across as unforgiving and harsh. But for those who have survived the trials for a while see a very different side of Vladmire. He cares deeply for all his charges but cannot allow sentimental feelings to get in the way of his duty and refuses to acknowledge them until he is certain it's not just blind luck keeping his charges alive.

To help him with his charges he has 3 priests in his retinue. In battle they can be found leading from the front wielding oversized chainswords signing out motivational hymns, invoking the eye of the Emperor to judge the actions being taken and to protect those doing his will. Many a foe has laughed at the charge of what they thought was just a bunch of kids only to hear the reving of an engine and zealous screems of the flock.

It's not only in direct action though that these charges are used. Many a time the inquisitive questions of a child have helped unearth the answers to problems that may have taken much longer to glean through more usual means. Who would suspect the fragile looking child to be an Inquisitorial spy? Many see them instead as a victim waiting to be caught up in their own schemes or a suitable sacrifice to aplease some god. How they rue the day they took them on face value choking on what turned out to not be the choice morsel they initially assumed them to be.

Well that's the starting fluff for my initial vow. It's the first piece of fictional writing I've done since school which was nearly 2 decades ago!!! I didn't think it'd take much effort to hit the 500 word mark but this has really been a challenge for me. So if anyone has any feedback or constructive criticism I'd welcome it as I feel like I've developed it as much as I can personally.

The main reason I have gone in the direction I have is my model collection. I've hoarded vast numbers of Necromunda models which invariably included juves from the various gangs. I've been able to include the gangers/leaders/heavies into Guard forces quite easily. But the juves have just sat in a big pile doing nothing for years. I love the sculpts and I think some of them have real character to them in comparison to some of the grunts most guard armies are filled with. So I'm finally working out a way to include them in a collection.

However I didn't want to just have a kids army, which as a parent seem quite a vulgar concept on it's own. I wanted a story behind them, something to explain why they are doing what they are doing.

Starting to get my first vow sorted in my head. I want the first lot to be made up of models that represent Vladmire's Flock. So plenty of Necromunda Juves and a Priest in each henchmen unit. I've got 3 different priests all with Eviscerator in hand. So if I do 3 full sized squads I'll need to scrape together 33 juves. I think I probably have enough juves but there's also some scum models that might make it in to the mix as well as a few gangers armed with the right weapons (ones armed with weapons which will stop them being combined into my guard easily). Just new to get them all out infront of me. :)

You should read the books Sons of Dorn or at least the beginning section, shows how the Imperial Fists weed out those they want to take on for initiation.

It is a good bit of writing though, looking forward to more from you :)

Besides priests will there be any enforcers/arbites types to help keep the kids in line or give them practical demonstrations on how to fight?

Still trying to decide on names for all my characters. However the 3 Priests plus a motherly figure may have to be know as Father Ted, Father Dougal, Father Jack and Mrs Doyle. There's 40+ Juves to choose from so I just need to make sure I get a good mix of models in each unit.

To get myself started I've gone for a 12 strong henchmen squad mainly made up of acolytes with 3 plasma pistols plus including a Priest with Eviscerator.

I like those names. For a some reason, for matronly figure I keep envisioning the Sigmarite matriarch from Mordheim... Weird!!

Hmmm ... One of the few older WHFB line of models I don't have. But I know the one you mean with the stern face.

Thinking of using either Mad Donna Ulanti or the Esher Leader pointing with one hand bolter hung under her arm on a shoulder strap and a laspistol in the other hand.

Got hold of the grey knights in PA kit for just £10!!!

Box was damaged but the contence was fine so a right bargain. I can now see a conclave of his most holy inquisition being made. There's so many different weapons on the kit which is really impressive. Just need to work out how try will use them all. ;)

The plan was to use the parts to convert up a conclave of inquisitors in PA and possibly add some funky weapons to other models. Currently got an idea for a conversion Beamer conversion which is only possible tanks to finding the kit. :D

Not sure I'm going to find enough time this month to complete a henchmen unit so looking at getting a kit bashed Inquisitor done to atleast start the ball rolling.

Currently got a set of mk3 legs and chest on the table plus the triple barrelled weapon from the GK's kit and a light from the cities of death scenery kit. The light looks like with a quick slice off one end it'll glue nicely onto the end of the barrel which just happens to be a similar diameter.

I'm trying to make the model not look like an Inquisitor in PA rather than another marine, so I've decided to go with a scions head and backpack.

I'm half inclined to try cutting a mk3 chest in half (down the sides so I have a front and back) and sticking one of the backs of the GK kit with the Psykic Hood onto the front. Need to eyeball the parts to decide if it's doable.

It still needs lots of purity seals and other such bits as well. There's also the option of mixing and matching with the GK and BA kit so it has one of the sculpted torso fronts.

Not put this much effort into assembling a model. Normally it's slap it together and then paint.

Show ussssss I keep checking back here I wanna see some action ;)

Lol ... Got to keep the heretic, xenos and daemon on their toes. ;)

There will be an update later with progress.

Think I will be completely changing the background for my force. Rather than being the collective force of a single Inquisitor I believe the full attention of a Multi Ordos Conclave will be formed.

Something heretical is afoot. :lol:

By 3pm I'd got to this point ...

gallery_25187_11316_50339.jpg

Sort of happy with the GS'ing and cleaning up the obvious stuff. I also realised the =][= on the gun was a bit chunky so i tried to carve it to a bit more of a refined shape. This failed epic way so it just got shaved off. There was a moments thought of sculpting a replacement in GS but I'd enjoyed (sarcasm) doing the other that much I gave up. I'm guessing the gs wasn't fully cured but I decided to blast it with some car primer anyway.

I should have left it overnight but well I couldn't resist cracking on so I'd got to this point by 8pm:

gallery_25187_11316_229261.jpg

gallery_25187_11316_96870.jpg

Lol ... The previous pic show the model with a fairly heavy wash. So I was forced to give it a few hours before going any further. Hmmm ... It's now midnight and here's where I'm now at (bits are held together with bluetac):

gallery_25187_11316_209983.jpg

gallery_25187_11316_41954.jpg

gallery_25187_11316_461248.jpg

gallery_25187_11316_133136.jpg

Still a fair amount of painting to go but I'm finally on the way to getting a model completed!!!

Sooo ... Next model is already on the starting blocks. As the chop shop of the body worked out well I have chopped another in half to do it again. Next model will be toting a Nemesis Hammer. Need to work out how to take off the wrist mounted storm bolter from the arm or see if one of the arms with bolt pistols mounted on the wrist from the Sanguinary Guard kit works instead.

This time around it'll be a pair of running mk3 legs.

Love the GS =I=, even if it wasn't cured. It's like Batman's chest symbol, made to focus the enemy away from making a headshot and hit tougher armour. Your guy has had his repaired so many times, it's bound to be a little less than perfect. Besides, those damn weapon arms always nearly obscure it anyway! Aargh!

Looking great!

[edit] Oh, and thanks for reminding me about the fluff piece. I forgot all about it! wallbash.gif

Cheers for the feedback. I've got an idea about this guy always looking for new toys and sometimes having a few messed ups along the way.

Like getting hold of one of those plasma syphon things and thinking it would improve the efficiency of his plasma pistol. Then finding out it has exactly the opposite just when the stopping power could have come in handy. Not quite the Mr Bean of the Inquisition but close to it.

Archived