Power fist

Heavy Support

-Devastator Squad (130pts)

4 Missile launchers

Fortification

-Aegis Defence Line (50pts)

Quad gun

Total: 965pts

Have only played two games so not sure if this list will do well, I am up against necrons and khorne daemonkin. The necron player has a doom scythe with lots of warriors and the khorne guy has a blood thirster and soul grinder.  I really just need some tips on what I should change, also this list will have to suitable to be used in a campaign at my gw store.

Hey there!

Firstly I like your list so far, it's well rounded and solid.

One thing I would do though is use the remaining points to up the squad numbers on the DC and SG. Against crons you will take shooting casualties and against Daemonkin you will need numbers.

I'd also advocate a power fist in the SG too.

Is the defence line vital? If not use the points there to boost the other squads.

Finally - I'd grab a pod instead of the Rhino, it being the only vehicle you have it'll be targeted to hell. The pod will get your templates ready and in range asap.

Welcome to Bolter and Chainsword!

Just for future reference, we have a Army List sub-forum and be careful when posting points. Individual pointage is against the board rules as it infringes on GW's copyright, but you're OK with cumulative numbers...

Now that's out of the way, have you checked the rules for the Aegis Line? Only you've only calculated the points for the wall and not the gun emplacement... To keep it as it is, you would need to shave off 15 points which could be done with the removal of the hand flamer, or the death masks and something else.

The list itself looks fine for 1000 points. Use cover wisely and possibly use your Rhino as rolling cover for your jumpers where necessary. Remember, you don't need to deploy your Tactical Squad inside your Rhino: you could leave them in Reserve and walk them on later to claim a home Objective. Similarly, you could deploy your Aegis in no-mans land, deploy your Scouts there and use it as cover for your jump units. I'd also recommend deploying along a flank and striking along there at this points level, rather than going down the middle as you're likely to be outnumbered and possibly outmaneuvered by those opponents at this level.

After taking out the aegis and moving some points around the list now looks like this

HQs

-Librarian (115pts)

Gallian’s staff

Mastery level 2

Jump pack

-Sanguinary Priest (75pts)

Jump pack

Troops

-Scouts (60pts)

5 Snipers

-Tactical Squad (165pts)

+5 Marines

Heavy flamer

Hand flamer

Flamer

Drop pod (35pts)

Elites

-Sanguinary Guard (271pts)

+2 Sanguinary Guard

7 Death masks

Power fist

Chapter banner

-Death Company Squad (125pts)

5 Jump packs

Power fist

Heavy Support

-Devastator Squad (150pts)

4 Missile launchers

2 Flakk missile upgrades

Total: 998pts

To alleviate what tjr said, I would lose the chapter banner in the SG. At this points level it's pretty overkill - if anything you don't want to kill things straight away so you can't be shot in your opponents turn and 3 AP3 attacks on the charge and 2 in subsequent turns is enough, especially with master crafted.

For the points you can get the Jump Packs for the DC and then another flakk missile to give you a little more anti air in a pinch!

A nice solid base to the army!

I do think that 200pts on HQ is a little much at this level, and would consider dropping the priest.

Then you can either bump the SG to 10 men / make 2 units of them, or:

Drop the priest

drop gallians staff, as it becomes more risky when the librarian is your warlord

Drop a missile launcher from the devs to get another bullet catcher

Swap death company power fist for a power sword/maul

Add: 5 assault marines, 2 meltas, combi melta, drop pod.

3 melta guns T1 should see to hat defiler, perhaps.

NOOOO KEEP THE BANNER!!! Sanguinary Guard are my favorite unit by a mile. (I was using them consistently before it was cool... like last edition) They definitely need that banner and a priest. They are so expensive and that extra attack makes it so much more worth it. If you have an independent character with them it also gives them an extra attack.

Against necrons there is no killing them too quickly. At that point level they may not be rocking the decurion but there is probably a res orb or crypteck hanging around. And khorne wants to be choppy like you I don't see them having unit leveling firepower. Sanguinary Guard really need the Priest to both hit on 3s and be more survivable. If you don't to invest in the priest, fist and banner might as well scrap them and go multiple Death Company.

Doom Scythes a scary template but with good spacing, and playing on a board with cover you can lessen its impact. The cover thing is crucial- don't let shooty armies convince you to play on planet bowling ball. If your playing an objective game (Maelstorm) place those bad boys in cover! Focus the fight on ground where your guys get cover to avoid nasty ap 2. Bloodthirsters are... nasty. Consider a grav pistol on someone to knock its Initiative down before you charge or dance away and whittle it down with missiles before engaging.

But most importantly. .. use units YOU LIKE! I personally love my Sanguinary Guard. I don't want to play without them OR my Death Company. They are like the premier units of the Blood Angels! Can't get enough of them. But fine what you like and find out how to make them work. Good luck, and welcome to the Blood Angels! For Sanguinius!

I hope the flakk will deal with his doom scythe before it kills too many of my guys the rest of his army should die as soon as I get into melee. As for the khorne daemon kin he posted his list here http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/313137-1000pts-khorne-daemonkin-army-list-review/ I don't know if I should just avoid to daemon prince so that I don't have to face the blood thirster

The daemon prince is pretty fast and he WANTS it to get in CQC and die. But... its much faster than the rest of his force. You can hang back and snipe it more, let him over extend, then mob it. The Bloodthirster it spawns is scary. But it kills itself a little each turn (unless he is crazy lucky at rolling his invuls). And when I say mob it I mean everyone- both your punchy squads and hopefully the Tact squad with Sgt. That Sgt is there to challenge and draw wounds into that Tact squad so your punchy guys get through the combat ready to kill his two punchy squads (and a Bloodthirster) coming at your lines as soon as ol Daemon Prince is back in hell.

There will be a missile launcher in the Tactical Squad kit, too.

Not if it's the BA box, for some reason we get a heavy bolter tongue.png

Right you are! Heavy bolters are, for me, the single coolest weapon in 40K. I just wish they made them usable. Give them Rending, maybe?

Archived