1000 points very new need help!

No ba

There will be a missile launcher in the Tactical Squad kit, too.

Not if it's the BA box, for some reason we get a heavy bolter tongue.png

Right you are! Heavy bolters are, for me, the single coolest weapon in 40K. I just wish they made them usable. Give them Rending, maybe?

Not rending, but maybe ap3 on a 6 instead, otherwise they'd have to go up in points I think. They shouldn't be rending and killing LR with extra pen dice :P

If you have a rhino kit, just use the hunter killer missile as a launcher. Its a real easy conversion (no real cutting or green stuff) and the launchers look like cool SF LAWs. Not those huge bulky things with the wierd arm reloarder thing (always thought that looked silly even for 40k)

And if Heavy Bolters were salvo 2/4 I would probably consider taking them. Maybe. But heavy Flamers are soo good. Especially when you want to get up close and personal

Ebay for extra heavy/special weapons. I have run devs with 4 missile launchers with flak and still never manage to kill flyers. Sometimes i just run a tac squad with ML flak just so i can make them jink. Might be a cheap option at this points level. Never played against necrons or a doom scythe

If you have a rhino kit, just use the hunter killer missile as a launcher. Its a real easy conversion (no real cutting or green stuff) and the launchers look like cool SF LAWs. Not those huge bulky things with the wierd arm reloarder thing (always thought that looked silly even for 40k)

And if Heavy Bolters were salvo 2/4 I would probably consider taking them. Maybe. But heavy Flamers are soo good. Especially when you want to get up close and personal

Thanks the for the idea I was thinking I would have to use a lascannon instead

You seem pretty set on your list, but let ne offer some counter points.

First though, I do like the look of your list and think it's an excellent platform to build a larger force off BUT...

I think the list is too heavy on elites, sang guard and DC at 1000pts is a long of points bundled into few models. I'd drop the SG and replace both HQs with a jump chaplain with the Veritas Vitae and add a take the DC up to 8 or 9 with a fist and a sword. This way you have some ap4 for vs cron warriors (chappy) ap for vs MEQ and pfist for hitting tough stuff (characters, wraiths, etc)

Re the Chappy, first off he has an invul, something that both priest and Libby lack when equipped with a JP. I find in small games the secondary objectives are important and that invul might just save your warlord. Second, the Veritas Vitae is great!

Troops. Whilst I am huge fan of Scouts, I think in smaller games Tac marines will serve you better. Consider a 10 man unit in a rhino, HF, Melta, combi Melta. Coupled with a 5 mans squad who can sit back with a heavy weapon whilst it's lasplas razorback moves to the midfield.

I'm not feeling ML Devs with Flakk. Flakk ML at 25pts a piece is too high. I'd rather consider Las devs with an attached lvl1 Libby rolling on divination to get rerolls and fish for ignores cover. Slightly less likely to hit, but a good chance you'll be able to knock it out of the sky.

Other options; I love MM attack bikes, I never leave home without them. A Baal pred could bring decent weight of fire too, also it's TL AC could cover some AA if you had no better targets.

D

You seem pretty set on your list, but let ne offer some counter points.

First though, I do like the look of your list and think it's an excellent platform to build a larger force off BUT...

I think the list is too heavy on elites, sang guard and DC at 1000pts is a long of points bundled into few models. I'd drop the SG and replace both HQs with a jump chaplain with the Veritas Vitae and add a take the DC up to 8 or 9 with a fist and a sword. This way you have some ap4 for vs cron warriors (chappy) ap for vs MEQ and pfist for hitting tough stuff (characters, wraiths, etc)

Re the Chappy, first off he has an invul, something that both priest and Libby lack when equipped with a JP. I find in small games the secondary objectives are important and that invul might just save your warlord. Second, the Veritas Vitae is great!

Troops. Whilst I am huge fan of Scouts, I think in smaller games Tac marines will serve you better. Consider a 10 man unit in a rhino, HF, Melta, combi Melta. Coupled with a 5 mans squad who can sit back with a heavy weapon whilst it's lasplas razorback moves to the midfield.

I'm not feeling ML Devs with Flakk. Flakk ML at 25pts a piece is too high. I'd rather consider Las devs with an attached lvl1 Libby rolling on divination to get rerolls and fish for ignores cover. Slightly less likely to hit, but a good chance you'll be able to knock it out of the sky.

Other options; I love MM attack bikes, I never leave home without them. A Baal pred could bring decent weight of fire too, also it's TL AC could cover some AA if you had no better targets.

D

First off I know the SG and DC are big expensive units but I already have the SG, librarian and sanguinary priest. Plus I don't really have the money to change to a chaplain along with buying everything else in time for the game/campaign. Next all of the SG have ap3 and up.

Same problem with money for the razor back with the plas/las as I would have to get the turret separately because the set doesn't have one and they don't allow any proxy. The reason I took missile launchers is there is only a 5 point difference in the flakk and las and I will need the frag for the necron warriors and krak for the soul grinder and the Libby needs to get the force off to insta kill the blood thirster as well as making the death company tougher.

Finally I may try out the baal predator and mm attack bikes when I get more money but thanks for the suggestions much appreciated.

Archived