Can a Dreadclaw transport a Deredeo Dreadnought?

Athrawes

So i've come upon a bit of a problem when it comes to drop pods and dreadnought, can a Anvillus Dreadclaw drop pod carry a Deredeo Dreadnought?

Here is my thinking on the subject:

Every single drop capable of carrying dreadnoughts has a slightly different wording (which becomes a little frustrating in this instance) yet they do basically the same thing in regards to dreadnoughts. This is why I believe there is room for interpretation where the Dreadclaws transport rules are concerned.

The Kharybdis states in its transport capacity section "a dreadnought of any type".

The Dreadnought Drop pod says "any dreadnought or dreadnought variant."

By comparison, the Dreadclaw says, "a single dreadnought."

Now if it were from just this, I would say that this means that Kharybdis and Dreadnought Drop Pod, can carry any dreadnought and a Dreadclaw can only carry normal legion dreadnoughts.

However, under the rules section for the Dreadclaw, it states that it can be bought as a stand alone fast attack choice and used as a dedicated transport for terminators. It then says that in the case of the Orbital Assault rite, it can be used a dedicated transport for Contemptor Dreadnoughts. (both in the Dreadclaws rules, and under the Orbital Assault Rite Description Section on the Warlord Section of the LCAL)

+++++++

What Im trying to figure out is, does the above rule for the Dreadclaw mean that it can only transport Contemptors if used in conjunction with the orbital Assault Rite? or that it can only be a dedicated Transport  for Contemptors if used in Orbital Assault.

Because if the Dreadclaw can always carry a Contemptor Dreadnought, then that means that when its rules say "can transport a single dreadnought" it is really trying to say "any kind of dreadnought". If that is the case, then the case for carrying a Deredeo dreadnought is much clearer. As the rules as written would allow it.

However, if the Dreadclaw can normally only carry regular dreadnoughts  but can carry Contemptors if purchased for an orbital assault list, then the question of whether a Dreadclaw can carry a Deredeo becomes murkier because it's rules would require a specific FAQ allowing it to carry Deredeos during orbital Assault Rites.

SO, what are your thoughts? With all of the above in mind, can a Dreadclaw carry a Deredeo Dreadnought?

Archived