Are you going to give us a lost of those tittering on the brink of damnation?

EDC

We all teeter on the brink. Every day we fight the curse that lingers in our geneseed thanks to our Father's ultimate betrayal at the hands of the Arch Enemy. That said, this does not make us grow weak; for each passing day that we conquer it we grow stronger and it blesses us with a humility that we otherwise may not have. Pity not those who do fall and Treat them with honour, my Brothers. Not because they will bring us victory this day, but because their fate will one day be ours.

The front page is up to date to see who has yet to check in.

Thank you! The last part was a slog, I've been working on these termies on and off for about 6 months now. It's good to have some closure!

Thanks to Jolemai and the Blood Angels sub-forum for getting my painting and Warhammer 40K blood pumping again. This event was just what I needed to bust out of a 2+ month slump.

Glad I could help; this is/was the original purpose of the RTS so reviving it seemed to make sense at the time!

Looking good Boudan.

Is anyone else finding the format of this thread a bit weird in a mobile version?

EDC

Yep it's gone all blue and white. I smell an Ultra Marine conspiracy...

It's a formatting thing. Post #288 is borked and whilst the desktop version is able to cope, the mobile version is not. Page thirteen onward should be fine.

I, Jolemai, Reclusiarch of the Blood Angels sub-forum and first of his name, rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete two Tactical Squads and one Veteran with a Chapter Banner on or before November 30th, 2015. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels Chapter I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

gallery_62972_9848_185472.jpg

With the aim of the RTS being to get models in your collection off the painting table, my objective was to get these blue marines - who have been that way since I acquired them ~ seventeen years ago - ready for my group's Apocalypse game in August. For this, they need to be what we call "battle ready" which simply means that they have at least three base colours and are based.

With that in mind, I am able to announce my vow is complete:

gallery_62972_9848_1040509.jpg

gallery_62972_9848_806580.jpg

gallery_62972_9848_627400.jpg

gallery_62972_9848_573854.jpg

These are painted to the same level that my ETL vows were, though the lack of wash and highlights does show up more on red marines than on gold and black ones... This will get done post-Apoc but is not a requirement for now so I am "satisfied" with the result. As for the Veteran's arm, well I was in a rush this morning :blush.::blush.:

Ok so after getting back from a 2 day tournament I got home ignored my wife and finished my vow! lets just say I was not in the good books after!

gallery_48822_10393_49073.jpg

But they are complete I will be repainting the meltaguns as they are old magnetised ones that I think should be replaced!! Also I am not sure I like the powerfist so I may repaint that!. Will post some better pictures when my wife isn't waiting outside to murder me!

Vow complete!!

Well Brothers, the Wild Rider red and Leadbelcher hilights are down and I'm calling my Vow: COMPLETE!

Before:

Hidden Content

I Charlo, Warlord of the Sanguine Visions, rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete a host of our interred brothers, consisting of:

• A Talon of two Librarian Dreadnoughts
  • A Furioso Dreadnought
  • Deredeo Dreadnought

​on or before November 30th, 2015. Should I bring honour to Sanguinius and our fore-bearers, I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

Pics:

Hidden Content

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/Snapchat-8720410895507677191_zpsinu15r0w.jpg

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/20150901_194637_zpsxwshgrdc.jpg

After:

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/Snapchat-5800761978691619144_zpsbotq95kb.jpg

His base isn't done, but it ain't drying before 3pm, so I'd have enough time to finish it anyway... But hey, he's still tabletop worthy if I plonk him on it :D

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/Snapchat-7760770835243357355_zpssdiuey2w.jpg

Secondary Vow:

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/20151018_191358_zpsove4pejh.jpg

I Joyous_Oblivion rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete

1 - 15 Man Legion Tactical Squad (Mk.3 Plate)

on or before November 30th, 2015. Should I bring honor to the gloried Blood Angels Legion, I will proudly wear the Iratus Dominus badge. Should I fail, I will display the Carceres Ira on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

Secondary Vow: 

Paint 1 Legion Centurion in Artificer Armour to lead my Tactical Squad

Primary and secondary vow complete! 

12307455_923760807671682_498142161571166

Bases are not completed only because I'm waiting on tufts and flock I ordered!

Edited by Joyous_Oblivion

Seriously, the warp storms this time of year :dry.: Anyway:

From Rage to Salvation 2015 is officially over!

gallery_27176_8461_79162.jpg

Thank you all for participating and for making the revival of the RTS worthwhile! I'll be posting a recap of the event and officially confirming the rewards as soon as I can.

Lemartes watched the small group of Space Marines as they bore their Captain on their shoulders towards the Imperial lines. The breach had fallen and the outer ring of fortifications and bunkers were now in Imperial hands. Tycho had held the breach long enough for the rest of the army to reach the walls and carry the day. With a tenderness that belied the gore-streaked appearance of the Blood Angels, they laid Brother Captain Erasmus Tycho at the feet of Chaplain Lemartes. He knelt by the bloody corpse, laying a hand on his brow and staring at his friend's face. Perhaps it was just the relaxation of muscle that followed death, but he believed he could see a softening in Tycho's features, as though the terrible disfigurement done to him had retreated within his flesh. He hoped so.
"Farewell brother," he whispered. "You will not be forgotten."

From Rage to Salvation - 2015

Awards Ceremony

On the blood-soaked threads of the BA sub-sector in the B&C galaxy, From Rage to Salvation - 2015 campaign comes to a close. As the Death Company charged, ready to pay the ultimate price in defense of our Imperial way of life whose songs sang loudest? Who carried the day to enable the Angelic Host to defeat the heretic, the xenos, the traitor? And who was brave enough to follow their lead?

The RTS exists as a method of encouragement for those stuck in a rut regards to painting. It gives you a goal and a reward to paint those half-finished units that haunt our collection and I'm happy to say many took up the challenge. The Angelic Host for this year's RTS consisted of 25 Frater and with 17 completions this makes a 68 % conversion rate - and this is before we factor in those of The Lost who returned to us. The first ever RTS (we arguably followed our second-best ETL showing) had a conversion rate of 47 % which shows that the spirit that was re-discovered during the ETL IV remains strong.

On the the rewards:

The Angelic Host

The following may proudly display the Iratus Dominus gallery_62972_10568_30745.jpg

• Auberon
  • Boudan
  • Charlo
  • Dolchiate Remembrancer
  • Evildrcheese
  • J-smuv
  • Jolemai
  • Jorre
  • Joyous_Oblivion
  • mandaloriano
  • Ming
  • Our_baz
  • Paikis
  • Raeho
  • SM1981
  • Sviar
  • Xenith

However, sadly, some have failed our Primarch and as such may display the Carceres Ira as a reminder of their failure gallery_62972_10568_24083.jpg
Remember, Pity not those who do fall and Treat them with honour, my Brothers. Not because they will bring us victory this day, but because their fate will one day be ours. Certainly, I have carried my shame/Carceres Ira longer than most and I will do until that vow is complete. However, it is up to you entirely but it's a pretty badge nonetheless.

The LOST

During the ETL IV many of our number fell to The Black Rage and were inducted into the Death Company. As is our way, the Death Company get one final chance at atonement, a chance to cast aside the Rage and grasp at their Salvation. Those who fell bore a ceremonial signature:

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee410/TheRedThirst/ETL_2015_Banner_BA_DC-OathBreaker2_zpsle9cc1ks.jpg

Their mission, tasked by the Reclusiam and approved by Commander Dante himself, was to complete their ETL vows during the RTS lifetime. Of those inducted into The Lost I am proud to say that some did in fact return to us with their salvation attained:

• Dolchiate Remembrancer
  • Leonaides
  • Nova_chron
  • Paikis

It is these who may replace the above banner with the following:

gallery_62972_10568_43515.jpg

Other than that, I thank you all for participating and for your patience with me and my running of the event. I hope you all enjoyed it and I'd love for some feedback via PM should you have the time.