++ Casual 30K Hobby Challenge - September ++

Kor'Vesh

---- September ----

It is a year since Frostmourne started the Casual Hobby Challenge, and the twelfth month I'll have run it. Can we make this one a challange to remember?

We all know how this works by now, pledge some models to paint this month, build your armies, and enjoy the opportunity to stick it to the traitors/emperor. Full rules can now be found in the Hall of Victors thread - where anyone involved so far should feel happy to post their full army shots!

Finally, I'd like last month's players to cast their votes over the next week for their favourite traitor and loyalist pledges from July! Voting rules:

- vote for your favourite loyalist pledge, and favourite traitor pledge

- don't vote for the champion from each team, they get to show off in the hall of vistors anyway

- make your votes clear so I don't miss them!

Lets see some support for those players who have impressed or inspired you!

So brothers and sisters, for the Emperor or for Horus let's see some pledges!

Been a whole year?! I still have the PMs with Frostmourne where we discussed the idea, feels like yesterday.

I think I might pledge this month, but I don't know what yet, or even what legion, so watch this space I guess.

Well, considering my Iron Hands and Mechanicum are done (in so far that I have no models for them to paint) I pledge a single Librarian for my shatter legion-ordered some more bits for them and the red book so I might add more later in the month.

I, Magos Dominus Nevin of the DAR, pledge... ONE Tech-Thrall Adsecularis to build. Daring, I know.

I also pledge to put up at least 3 scetches on planning for my Zone Mortalis board (I...really need the motivation to finish some!).

Hmm kinda wish that purchases could be hobby progress ;)

//Nevin of the DAR

Agh.... I lion of Judah claim the shame shackles as the Real world moving into my new home and taking on a few unknown house projects meant I spent my free time sore and playing FarCry3 while sipping bourbon.

Thankfully I have a man cave now and as my wife is going to the south west for a conference next week I vow to finish 1 armored proteus that was supposed to be finished last month... Upon completion of that beast I plan on vowing a Phobos.

I also picked up sigismund and have him tempting me to finish quickly;)

Cheers all

Honestly I don't know who to vote for from last month as I really had such a short time here on the forums.

Thanks for providing despite in those spare moments all:)

I'm going to pledge another Predator for my Ultra's, this month is going to be close with starting back uni,work, playing Gears, re-playing the Witcher and beginning the next grind for the Destiny expansion....the ultimate first world problems laugh.png

Last month I'll vote for Ironwithout for the loyalists and Amayasu for the traitors with his awesome Typhon.

All 11 models are primed/dry brushed gun metal, and are waiting for their first coat of Smoke/clear yellow with the airbrush (tonight hopefully).  

Some before shots, if required. 

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l545/Huberticus66/image3_zpspa5msaae.jpg

Orth. I seem to have unintentionally recreated the IH sergeant from the front cover art of Fulgrim... 

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l545/Huberticus66/image2_zpscbleu6ck.jpg

OK so I'll do this properly now.

I pledge 1 Legion Falchion, 2 contemptor mortis Dreadnoughts, Legion Praevian and 3 Castellax Battle Automata

gallery_72636_11113_26236.jpg

For last months vote:

Loyalist - Jud Cottrell - seriously wow!

Dirty Traitor! -Ironwrought Huw - so much character in these models it's insane.

Damn, Falchions are beautiful beasties!

Fantastic pledges so far Frater's, and, as Rage says, its great to have some new players, with some ambitious vows - we have 2 Primarchs, 4 Knights and a super heavy already.

I'm not sure how my month is going to go, as house buying nonesense is continuing to be slow. I'm in the mood to paint more green so I'll pledge some more infantry...

I, Kor'Vesh, follower of the Promethean Cult, do vow to paint 6 tactical marines for the XVIIIth Legion Astartes, Salamanders, in the month of September. If I should fail, I come back and try even harder next time!

I also vote for the Ultramarines of Jud Cottrell for the loyalists of August, and StruManChu's Calas Typhon for the traitors.

Happy hobbying fraters,

Kor'Vesh

Cheers Ironwithout-it's mostly just drybrushing and washing really for the face really.

Copped out a bit on the eyes by not doing the pupils but I wanted to try and do a librarian in pain as he is casting his psychic powers. The model itself is bent over backwards and floating-still got bits that need doing on it though.

Archived