Gradarius Crusade - 4/2/18 Gravis Captain and Reivers

Kisada

Agree, that is some very nice line work on the highlights. I am curious to see what you do with the assault ramp. :)

Still working on the LRC.

Started spitballing some ideas for my Black Templar primaris Castellan.

Sword is about the same scale to the primaris as the black sword is to the Emperor's Champion.

The classic EC's sword is larger I think.

(scale pics included)

http://i.imgur.com/Isfpwdr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bSYxoDw.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/rkgzSDw.jpg?1

I like the mock up. Not a fan of the backpack ornament though. I would prefer a banner but up to you. I hope you plan to give him a tabard cause it looks like he needs one. Not to mention chains on the sword hands. The helmet looks nice. But I still like the old EC helmet. I feel like the primaris armour needs some decorating. Maybe give the castellan a cape!! If you are confident sculpt some flames on the sword so it has the relic : The burning blade. Maybe give him a pistol in a gun holtser and some grenades. Yeah, hope my feedback is helpful. 

I like the mock up. Not a fan of the backpack ornament though. I would prefer a banner but up to you. I hope you plan to give him a tabard cause it looks like he needs one. Not to mention chains on the sword hands. The helmet looks nice. But I still like the old EC helmet. I feel like the primaris armour needs some decorating. Maybe give the castellan a cape!! If you are confident sculpt some flames on the sword so it has the relic : The burning blade. Maybe give him a pistol in a gun holtser and some grenades. Yeah, hope my feedback is helpful. 

Thanks for all that ... I do like the old EC helmet ... just limited on bits ... I do have the imperial fist command group for 30k and the guy has a nice helmet but I'm not sure if I want to split him from his head lol.

I'll mock up a banner to see how I like it ... I have a bunch sitting around.

The armor is definitely going to get more decorating ... going to use templar shoulder pads (haven't decided which yet).  I've also got more seals and stuff.

Coincidentally, I've looked into getting the proper scale chains for primaris as well as for the redemptor ... yeah I got 2 of them.

I picked up a bunch of green stuff with the express purpose of learning to make some tabards.  Wish me luck.

I don't know about him having a cape though ... maybe reserve that for the marshal.

I dunno about the flames ... I'll have to look into that.  

Gun holster will go on somewhere ... I like being WYSIWYG.

Thanks for taking the time to comment and advise ... really appreciate it ... hopefully I can do him justice

In my opinion, this can be your first marshal! Then when you get better with green stuff, you can make your own High marshal! haha. good luck!

Who knows ... maybe ... for now this is part of a 100 power primaris army I'm putting together for the 3 day narrative event at LVO 2018 (anyone else going?)

The fluff for this army is the Indomitus Crusade.  With that in mind it will be a mixed force of Imperial Fists, Crimson Fists, and Black Templars.  The rules will be Imperial Fists but they will be painted as a mixed force.

Current list I have in mind (paint scheme in parenthesis)

Vanguard Detachment

Captain in Gravis (IF)

Lieutenant with bolter (CF)

Redemptor with Plasma (IF)

Redemptor with HOG (BT)

Reivers 10 w/ ccw/bp (BT)

Battalion Detachment

Primaris Captain with bolter (IF) ... if I end up using the birthday one with power fist (CF)

Primaris Castellan w/ Powersword (BT)

Intercessors 3 squads of 5 (IF)

Hellblasters 2 squads of 5 (CF)

Repulsor (I'm thinking mostly black with yellow parts)

100 power.  7 CP.

Storm of Fire Warlord trait

Relic(s): not sure ... maybe Primarch's wrath on an LT or Captain?  Maybe the Burning Blade as Blender suggested?  Spartean to try to put pressure on enemy characters?

• 1 month later...

Just realized I never updated this thread with my current work

Here is my kit bash counts as High Marshal Helbrecht.  I still need to finish some things like the banner and some edge highlights.

I've also basically finished my LRC but don't have good pictures of it ... I'll have to take some soon.

cxHG9sc.jpg?1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...