Nice one, Armond. Love the Chaplain and look forward to seeing the Tacticals :tu:

jimbo: No problemo! I never even asked for the points values, everyone has just assumed that I want them when I'm not at all bothered about them for this event ;)

I've updated the first page with the new vow and have added some new banners that I'll display in the box below! Feel free to stick them in your sig's!

Hidden Content

(500x100 pixels)

gallery_45765_7614_88235.png

(400x50 pixels)

gallery_45765_7614_27614.png

(300x100 pixels)

gallery_45765_7614_66418.png

(300x100 pixels)

gallery_45765_7614_73328.png

(33x100 pixels)

gallery_45765_7614_2623.png

By Dorn's will, my vow is complete!

12027699_10156143049820249_1972859562101

annnnnnd if you want more detailed pics of individuals they can be found in my WIP thread.

I, Armond, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least Razorback Transport with Twin-Linked Assault Cannons valued at 75 points on or before the 15th of December, 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Fafnir Rann, Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

11009872_10156106357440249_2570390076958

Don't mind me. just a Wolf making(well.. more like continuing) his own Imperial Fist based chapter.

But i do have a question.

I am making my own sigismund. But he will not be in the colours of my chapter.

Is it ok for me to vow him and a captain from my own chapter?

If i can.. here they are tongue.png

10520685_840683856014668_787226683272981

12032796_882629308486789_908674440229340

Will ofcourse make my full vow when i got confirmation ;)

A great dark expansion with nothing but the continuous black that is. The silence of a great black sea dotted with the minuscule light of a thousand stars millions of lifetimes away.

The Void. Floating within it the phalanx, a star ship of greater proportions than man could imagine made manifest. But not even it can stand supreme over the silence.

Then it was broken.

med_gallery_82040_10175_35287.jpg

"Battle brother DimDim, reporting for muster."

I HAVETH RETURNED!

(Sorry for the overdramatisation! Just loved the idea of a imperial fist muster biggrin.png)

Hope im not to late to enter. If not, then I wish to pledge a Imperial fist Cataphractii Praetor/Captain.

med_gallery_82040_10175_46469.jpg

Great work so far lads!

DimDim

I, Capitano, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least one squad of sternguard on or before the 15th of December, 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

I also add another sternguard squad to my order as well as three drop pods

Right , time I got my Power Armoured behind in gear and made my pledge.

I , BattleBrotherJohn , vow on the honour of Dorn's Red headed step children the Soul Drinkers chapter , to paint and present at least two tactical squads ( each 10 marines ) on or before the 15th of December 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates , preferably with pictures , in that time.  I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator !!

First WIP picture to follow.

2015 09 20 23.33.37

Current State of my WIP.

Had to separate out Sigismunds Sword first due to having gotten it slightly bent. Thing is surprisingly thin..

Also in the Bin of Near-Boiling soapy water: 10 JP Destroyer Marines, IF Command Squad and 5 Templar Brethren.

My 10 Volkite Culverin Marines will have to wait for the next Cleaning batch.

First WIP update: all done with the front and the sword arm. Also painted all the yellows on the rest of the body and the backpack with banner.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2g5-GCUh5Lw/Vf6DdPH766I/AAAAAAAAKsU/p0YCiTGwxa8/s1600/CAM01755.jpg

I love the sword.  I have watched multiple videos, read countless instructional pages, and cannot get a blue power sword to look right.  So I always go with your normal silver sword.  

Thanks to this vow, I've finally started to do something with my table.  Mainly getting all the dust off of it.  The cleaner I used to clean the tabletop off with is currently drying.  I managed to get dust off the tops of my paint bottles, and took a toothbrush to the models that were sitting there, to make sure they were dust free.  Maybe I can get started on paint tomorrow while my daughter is at school.

EDIT: Yay!  Making a vow on the B&C forums to add to my IF has worked.  I started painting again.  So far, I've added some red to some guns.  Three more figs to go for the initial red basecoat, then I'll put the brighter red over that tomorrow.  Then I can touch up the black and metal colors on the guns, then glaze the red, and wash the metal. Oh, and the various skulls and eagles. 

But getting dust off models is hard.  I scrubbed with an old toothbrush and that dust just seems to be attached to the minis. I even broke off the banner on my sergeant.  I glued it back on, hope it stays. 

I love the sword.  I have watched multiple videos, read countless instructional pages, and cannot get a blue power sword to look right.  So I always go with your normal silver sword. 

Thank you! Actually most of my power weapons are silver too. This is my second attempt at a blue one and I'm still not satisfied. The gradient covers too little of the surface and the white line highlight is too thick and ragged. I figure the only way to perfect it is practice, practice, practice. ;)

I see the Imperial Fists have a policy of playing it safe, where one can take it a unit at a time and then see if there's still some time left before the deadline. It might secure vows, but it's far less glorious then the all-or-nothing tactics of the Call of Chaos. Good thing I denied the Imperial Fists a Deredeo by vowing the dead Iron Warrior on its base as a Chaos Lord. tongue.png

But, alas, I have started to play with the yellow marines quite a bit, and must admit I've fallen for them hard. So I will indeed participate in your pitiful attempt to thwart the glory of chaos. :D

I, Augustus b'Raass, vow on the honour of the Imperial Fists to paint and present one unit of five scouts with bolters and a missile launcher on or before the 15th of December, 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator! :tu:

Here's some pics. More here in my WIP log.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/WP_20150921_004_zpsqj37lsk1.jpg

First post update with the new vows!

Didn't realize we needed the points values. My first squad is 190 points, second tac squad will be 170, captain will be 150 and the librarian is 90.

It's a good thing I posted that you don't need to post points values on the bottom of page 2 ;)

By Dorn's will, my vow is complete!

[snip]

annnnnnd if you want more detailed pics of individuals they can be found in my WIP thread.

I, Armond, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least Razorback Transport with Twin-Linked Assault Cannons valued at 75 points on or before the 15th of December, 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Fafnir Rann, Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

[snip]

You really are on a roll! Great stuff, Armond!

Don't mind me. just a Wolf making(well.. more like continuing) his own Imperial Fist based chapter.

But i do have a question.

I am making my own sigismund. But he will not be in the colours of my chapter.

Is it ok for me to vow him and a captain from my own chapter?

If i can.. here they are tongue.png

[snip]

Will ofcourse make my full vow when i got confirmation msn-wink.gif

That's fine with me! I just need your Chapter name and a full vow.

A great dark expansion with nothing but the continuous black that is. The silence of a great black sea dotted with the minuscule light of a thousand stars millions of lifetimes away.

The Void. Floating within it the phalanx, a star ship of greater proportions than man could imagine made manifest. But not even it can stand supreme over the silence.

Then it was broken.

[snip]

"Battle brother DimDim, reporting for muster."

I HAVETH RETURNED!

(Sorry for the overdramatisation! Just loved the idea of a imperial fist muster biggrin.png)

Hope im not to late to enter. If not, then I wish to pledge a Imperial fist Cataphractii Praetor/Captain.

[snip]

Great work so far lads!

DimDim

That return was so cool, I need to put my shades on B) Welcome back, brother! Great-looking Praetor, I'm looking forward to seeing some paint on him.

I, Capitano, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least one squad of sternguard on or before the 15th of December, 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

Welcome, brother! Nice to see another familiar face. How many Sternguard are you planning on painting?

By Dorn's knuckles! My vow is complete!!!

[snip]

Refer to my first comment to you, further up!

First WIP update: all done with the front and the sword arm. Also painted all the yellows on the rest of the body and the backpack with banner.

[snip]

What a gorgeous yellow. Would you mind sharing the recipe? Also, the sword looks good, but I agree that the highlight is a little on the thick side. As you say, practice, practice, practice :tu:

Right , time I got my Power Armoured behind in gear and made my pledge.

I , BattleBrotherJohn , vow on the honour of Dorn's Red headed step children the Soul Drinkers chapter , to paint and present at least two tactical squads ( each 10 marines ) on or before the 15th of December 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates , preferably with pictures , in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator !!

First WIP picture to follow.

Great! Welcome to the Expansion, brother!

[snip]

Current State of my WIP.

Had to separate out Sigismunds Sword first due to having gotten it slightly bent. Thing is surprisingly thin..

Also in the Bin of Near-Boiling soapy water: 10 JP Destroyer Marines, IF Command Squad and 5 Templar Brethren.

My 10 Volkite Culverin Marines will have to wait for the next Cleaning batch.

Yeah, some of the Forge World blades are very fragile. Extreme caution advised!

Yay! Making a vow on the B&C forums to add to my IF has worked. I started painting again. So far, I've added some red to some guns. Three more figs to go for the initial red basecoat, then I'll put the brighter red over that tomorrow. Then I can touch up the black and metal colors on the guns, then glaze the red, and wash the metal. Oh, and the various skulls and eagles.
But getting dust off models is hard. I scrubbed with an old toothbrush and that dust just seems to be attached to the minis. I even broke off the banner on my sergeant. I glued it back on, hope it stays.

I'm glad making a vow for the Expansion has made you more productive hobby-wise. Keep it up! :)

I see the Imperial Fists have a policy of playing it safe, where one can take it a unit at a time and then see if there's still some time left before the deadline. It might secure vows, but it's far less glorious then the all-or-nothing tactics of the Call of Chaos. Good thing I denied the Imperial Fists a Deredeo by vowing the dead Iron Warrior on its base as a Chaos Lord. tongue.png

But, alas, I have started to play with the yellow marines quite a bit, and must admit I've fallen for them hard. So I will indeed participate in your pitiful attempt to thwart the glory of chaos. biggrin.png

I, Augustus b'Raass, vow on the honour of the Imperial Fists to paint and present one unit of five scouts with bolters and a missile launcher on or before the 15th of December, 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator! thumbsup.gif

[snip]

You filthy traitor! I only tolerate your presence here due to your new-found dedication to Dorn and his most glorious sons! Watch where you tread around these parts, because I'll be keeping both eyes on you from now on...

Hey folks, first build pic:

[snip]

I'd prefer comments (and criticisms!) in my WiP thread.

As requested, I commented in your WIP thread.

Hidden Content

But, alas, I have started to play with the yellow marines quite a bit, and must admit I've fallen for them hard. So I will indeed participate in your pitiful attempt to thwart the glory of chaos. biggrin.png

I, Augustus b'Raass, vow on the honour of the Imperial Fists to paint and present one unit of five scouts with bolters and a missile launcher on or before the 15th of December, 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator! thumbsup.gif

[snip]

You filthy traitor! I only tolerate your presence here due to your new-found dedication to Dorn and his most glorious sons! Watch where you tread around these parts, because I'll be keeping both eyes on you from now on...

Lulz, not to worry - atm the sons of Dorn have my complete attention. There's 8 razorbacks and 3 whirlwinds in the pipeline, as well as two demi companies. So you can't complain. tongue.png

Hidden Content

[snip]

Lulz, not to worry - atm the sons of Dorn have my complete attention. There's 8 razorbacks and 3 whirlwinds in the pipeline, as well as two demi companies. So you can't complain. tongue.png

You'll have to use more than mere words to convince me, Augustus. dry.png

What a gorgeous yellow. Would you mind sharing the recipe? Also, the sword looks good, but I agree that the highlight is a little on the thick side. As you say, practice, practice, practice thumbsup.gif

Sure, it's pretty straightforward actually:

- prime the model with Skull White or, if you are a masochist like myself, Chaos Black

- apply a few coats of Yriel Yellow, now this is tricky because it builds up quickly and obscures the details

- wash with Seraphim Sepia (everything: recesses and surfaces), make sure you get and even coat and the wash does not gather anywhere in ugly drops

- edge highlight with Ushabti Bone

If I decide to paint more Imperial Fists, I will go over to my friend's and borrow his airbrush to apply Yriel Yellow. Much easier, faster, and less frustrating than using a brush for that. msn-wink.gif

I use the same method but apply Averland Sunset underneat the Yirel Yellow First. Much less painful since I always prime black :p

But I also wash in Cassandora and Seraphim, maybe even Agrax depending on how dark I want it.

Also, for my Fancier Marines, I drybrush Auric Armor Gold over the largest yellow pannels to give them a slight golden shine. Subtle but I like how it turns out.

WIP Pictures for my Siege Breaker!!! Just the torso, legs, and base so far. Taking my time on it to make it just right msn-wink.gif There may even be a little bit of fluff to come. I will try to at least....

Onto the golden boy tongue.png

http://i.imgur.com/B0kos2s.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/O1qkeZ2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kYm7lFi.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/toyJcxo.jpg

Almost done. Only some finishing touches on the backpack and the better part of the banner remain.

However, there's lots to be done with the base. A dead Iron Warrior will be involved. ;)

WIP shot number two:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zEHjDuh_Yv8/VgBqh02eqOI/AAAAAAAAKs8/2JgECNsicO8/s1600/CAM01762.jpg

Since I often browse the forum on my phone, I've only just realised how many of you are sporting the IF Expansion banners. Cool stuff biggrin.png

jimbo13: Nice looking Siege Breaker! I think the golden armour could do with another wash to the reinforce the shading in the crevices and reign in the contrast between the golden armour and the silver highlights. I'd suggest going for a light wash of Seraphim Sepia and seeing how you like it.

EDIT: ShVagYer: Very nice! If only I could find the courage to paint yellow agin :(

Since I often browse the forum on my phone, I've only just realised how many of you are sporting the IF Expansion banners. Cool stuff biggrin.png

jimbo13: Nice looking Siege Breaker! I think the golden armour could do with another wash to the reinforce the shading in the crevices and reign in the contrast between the golden armour and the silver highlights. I'd suggest going for a light wash of Seraphim Sepia and seeing how you like it.

EDIT: ShVagYer: Very nice! If only I could find the courage to paint yellow agin :(

I know what yoi mean. I found the only problem when I do that it turns the wrong shade of gold almost. I've experimented with it and found that I do my silver base and wash of nuln oil. Then three coats of casanadora and then a thin wash of nuln or agrax depending on my primer.

What are you thinking the sepia will do? Color wkse

Archived