Update on the second Whirlwind. I decied that this will be the command tank of the three, so it had to have a proper driver, and a little more fancy iconography. So I gave him on of the cool Acquila/IF symbol crossover pieces in the front, and one of the large fists from the IF Edged Brass sprues. Also, I wanted the fifth company heraldry (where the field of the heraldry is quartered black and white) to be very prominent on this vehicle - hence the side doors.

What do you think so far?

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zpsr1h1lzxm.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zpsosswsio8.jpg

Also, why is this thread so quiet? Don't we have WIP pics to post? Comment on each other´s work? Motivate each other? Talking about how fantastic the Imperial Fists are? How we're supposedly going to destroy Chaos... and why the Emprah is such an awesome dude? This whole VII Legion thing is leagues different than the Chaotic banter over at the Chaos forum I am used to.... smile.png

I think it is as beautiful as the first one.  Very nice!  I love the iconography along with the yellow!  Very vibrant and well done!

On another note, I have not finished my vow yet, but am putting together stuff for the vow afterwards.  Thinking a plethora of things, but definitely Captain, Command Squad, and the TL Heavy Flamer Razorback.

12096362_10156189873795249_664897823271312074837_10156189877735249_101579913343612087989_10156189888455249_7216721603614

Everyone you're doing great work!!!!

Augustus- How did you do those quartered doors? Painters tape? It's almost robotic.....

Armond- Now that Captain is what I think of when I see the name Fafnir Rann. Bravo Sir, I expect a smidge of blood or dangling heads tongue.png

Nightwing- I'm loving the alternate scheme!!!!

@Armond: Thanks buddy! Your champion is no slouch either! And that TL Heavy Flamer razorback of yours looks the works. Awesome conversion. Which flamers did you use?

@Valhalla: awesome looking fists there. Very classic and vibrant colour scheme. 

@Jimbo: That terror dude looks terrific. (get it) ;) The quartered doors where indeed done with an airbrush and painter's tape. A steady hand afterwards also comes in handy. ;)

@nightwing: I love the very subdued, pale yellow you did. Looks almost like a desert colour scheme. Nice!

Everyone you're doing great work!!!!

Augustus- How did you do those quartered doors? Painters tape? It's almost robotic.....

Armond- Now that Captain is what I think of when I see the name Fafnir Rann. Bravo Sir, I expect a smidge of blood or dangling heads tongue.png

Nightwing- I'm loving the alternate scheme!!!!

I have to locate the bits for that. I will try to find some, if not I will add it one later or something! Glad you like!

@Armond: Thanks buddy! Your champion is no slouch either! And that TL Heavy Flamer razorback of yours looks the works. Awesome conversion. Which flamers did you use?

@Valhalla: awesome looking fists there. Very classic and vibrant colour scheme.

@Jimbo: That terror dude looks terrific. (get it) msn-wink.gif The quartered doors where indeed done with an airbrush and painter's tape. A steady hand afterwards also comes in handy. msn-wink.gif

@nightwing: I love the very subdued, pale yellow you did. Looks almost like a desert colour scheme. Nice!

Thanks! The Champ is a Power Axe wielding maniac lol. The Heavy Flamers were from the Dreadnoughts set, and I just cut off the ends of a Razorback Heavy Bolter set and placed them there. Then I cut off the ammo belt and ran the promethium tubes from beneath there.

Oh and BTW, by the Bloody Axe of Fafnir Rann, my vow is complete!!!

12049424_10156192264130249_813752623151112074762_10156192264180249_732374594003612105768_10156192264405249_2522199633992

Now to figure out exactly what my next vow will be...

EDIT: By Fafnir Rann's balls I've figured it out!

I, Armond, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least a 8-man Tactical Marine(Meltagun, Sgt w/Combi-Melta), Razorback w/TL Heavy Flamer, Ironclad Dreadnought(DCCW, Seismic Hammer, Meltagun, and Heavy Flamer), Command Squad (4 x Storm Shields, Apothecary, 3 x Gravguns, and 1 x Power Axe), Captain(Teeth of Terra, Storm Shield, Artificer Armor), and a Librarian (Force Axe) on or before the 15th of December, 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Fafnir Rann, Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

Pic #1

12074958_10156192318680249_609666546466012079540_10156192318030249_902819470997712074927_10156192317625249_3244305681531

My second vow although i havent finished my first :P

I, WITCHKING501, vow on the honour of my Legion to paint and present at least a sicarian battle tank and a 5 man destroyer squad on or before the 15th of December, 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

http://i.imgur.com/dxnZqLM.jpg

(saturday)

http://i.imgur.com/lyDV3qj.jpg

sunday

http://i.imgur.com/JD1BwAh.jpg

tonight

@jimbo love what you are doing with that captain!

@Armond, im going to have to up my game to keep up with you... great work, love the scheme

Nice!  A Sicaran!  I wish I had the dough to shell out for one of those, such a beautiful model!  I  may just have to indulge and try to get one.  How was it to put together?  I invite you to keep up ;)  In fact, I encourage it! 

My greatest asset is that the Executioners are on that Penitent Crusade and of course over time they are being reduced in number.  I would think that after this century of punishment is over they will probably total all of around ~200 members spread across a handful at most companies.  But for me that works out, because if you think about they are all vets in a sense.  They cannot recruit or send to trial aspirants.  So their marines are the best of the best, all members who have made names for themselves and who have survived the long road of penitence.  I am trying to create the second company with this in mind.  This is why in my squads you will notice they max at 5-6, they cannot afford to field full squads anymore.  But they supplement this with their armory(which they had extensive equipment due to their relationship with the Forgeworld on Gryphonne) and utilize Razorbacks to stand in for their heavier firepower.  

I just played two games(500 and 1000) over the weekend and brought honor to the Chapter by defeating Dark Eldar and an overzealous force of Blood Angels.  Also played a Kill Team game as well, and beat out some Dark Mechanicus Skitarii.  So all in all, the Executioners are living up to their brutal name.  And Bolter Drill is nice!

Wait, isn't the rule that you cannot revow before finishing the first? Sicaran looks great (serously that yellow looks awesome) But isn't the point of this event kinda moot if we can just do whatever fancies us? ;)

Also, dosjetka, can we get an update, buddy! :tu:

Edit: just reread the rules. Turns out that technically revowing before finishing a previous vow is not prohibited. Wow. So this is how the IFs roll, huh. Feels kinda chaotic to me! :P ;)

Augustus I didn't vow until I completed the previous vow, I just posted them in the same post is all. But that is good to know, I just got a few goodies in the Mail secondhand for me to work on!

Augustus I didn't vow until I completed the previous vow, I just posted them in the same post is all. But that is good to know, I just got a few goodies in the Mail secondhand for me to work on!

No worries, Armond, i was talking to WITCHKING501, who said

My second vow although i havent finished my first :P

Hidden Content

I, WITCHKING501, vow on the honour of my Legion to paint and present at least a sicarian battle tank and a 5 man destroyer squad on or before the 15th of December, 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

:tu:

Hello chaps!

Sorry for the prolonged silence; real life issues got the better of me and prevented me from being active here these last few days. Things have gotten quieter now, so hopefully that's the end of that :)

I'm astonished by how much has been done since my last update, with vows being completed at lightning speed and people vowing even more units straight after! All I can say is that I'm glad this event is running so well, so thank you to you all!

However, I need to ask you all not to make any new vows until your previous vow is finished. For those of you who've already vowed something, it will be accepted, but from now on, you finish your meat before you can have any pudding ;)

Anyway, as of this post, I'll have updated the first post with the completed and new vows from each of you. I'll also be around more often to encourage and answer questions.

Quick note for krakenfiend: I've just realised that you haven't posted an official vow anywhere, so I have no idea what you're planning on painting. If you could post one ASAP, that would be great! (See first post of the thread for info)

And another for Gaius Atticus: The models you mentioned are fine for the Expansion. You just need to post your vow and then you're all set to get started! :tu:

I, Lachdannan, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least Legion Apothecary worth 45 points on or before the 15th of December, 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb383/lachdan/DSCF3428_zpsjejmvdlr.jpg

Hello chaps!

Sorry for the prolonged silence; real life issues got the better of me and prevented me from being active here these last few days. Things have gotten quieter now, so hopefully that's the end of that smile.png

I'm astonished by how much has been done since my last update, with vows being completed at lightning speed and people vowing even more units straight after! All I can say is that I'm glad this event is running so well, so thank you to you all!

However, I need to ask you all not to make any new vows until your previous vow is finished. For those of you who've already vowed something, it will be accepted, but from now on, you finish your meat before you can have any pudding msn-wink.gif

Anyway, as of this post, I'll have updated the first post with the completed and new vows from each of you. I'll also be around more often to encourage and answer questions.

Quick note for krakenfiend: I've just realised that you haven't posted an official vow anywhere, so I have no idea what you're planning on painting. If you could post one ASAP, that would be great! (See first post of the thread for info)

And another for Gaius Atticus: The models you mentioned are fine for the Expansion. You just need to post your vow and then you're all set to get started! thumbsup.gif

Well I say thanks to you for hosting it! Plenty of motivation for me to get it done! Also, not vowing this yet, this is probably one of the last vows I will do along with either a Razorback or Rhino and maybe a drop pod. Depends on how things go after this vow is done.

But this is what I got sitting on deck waiting for the vow #6 to be done.

12112377_10156195911025249_4986032168455

Hey Lachdannan: Question, as I sold all my HH books... can a Legion Apothecary be mounted on a bike? I'd love to do a character - but the only one I have in stock that is part of my intended army is a medic on a bike.

An Apothecary can't but a Primus Medicae Can. Essentially a Captain + Apothecary.

Hey Lachdannan: Question, as I sold all my HH books... can a Legion Apothecary be mounted on a bike? I'd love to do a character - but the only one I have in stock that is part of my intended army is a medic on a bike.

Apothecaries can't but a Primus Medicae can, so it'd be a HQ choice rather than an elite. I was hoping to have the normal ones on a bike so I could run an outrider version of the Stone Gauntlet (T5 stuff) but sadly no. Perhaps we'll get that with the White Scars.

Thanks, you two! :tu: I'll just vow my normal 40K apothecary as a Primus Medicae then. I don't have the rest of the bike squad yet, and I just want to continue on my painting spree.

But first, I need to finish that second whirlwind. He's seriously almost done. I just need to do the symbols on the launchers and a teeny tiny bit of a AP Dark Tone wash over them. 

Hello chaps!

Sorry for the prolonged silence; real life issues got the better of me and prevented me from being active here these last few days. Things have gotten quieter now, so hopefully that's the end of that smile.png

However, I need to ask you all not to make any new vows until your previous vow is finished. For those of you who've already vowed something, it will be accepted, but from now on, you finish your meat before you can have any pudding msn-wink.gif

And another for Gaius Atticus: The models you mentioned are fine for the Expansion. You just need to post your vow and then you're all set to get started! thumbsup.gif

Heh...super awkward...I thought my original post had my vow in it...apparently not though (I must have tapped my keyboard wrong and deleted said portion). I didn't have any pics of the models starting out so I'll not worry about those being counted. However...going forward:

I, krakenfiend, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least two, three man units of Marine bikes plus attack bikes on or before the 15th of December, 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

I have WIP pics of the Devestator squad I'm working on...though they will not be part of this expansion.

krakenfiend

Archived