YES!!!! BY DORN'S BOLTER AND EVERYTHING THAT IS HOLY!!!!

To ease back my excitement, looking forward to see that bad boy painted up.

How are you going to paint him? Yellow or as the first champ?

Also, why is this thread so quiet? Don't we have WIP pics to post? Comment on each other´s work? Motivate each other? Talking about how fantastic the Imperial Fists are? How we're supposedly going to destroy Chaos... and why the Emprah is such an awesome dude? This whole VII Legion thing is leagues different than the Chaotic banter over at the Chaos forum I am used to.... smile.png

The subforum is one of the more quiet ones, quite unlike the Chaos section ;) The idea of this event and any upcoming ones is to boost participation, so feel free to get conversations going!

Alright! Will do! 

I did finish my third vow in the event today, with the second Whirlwind in the event in it.

Here's one pic. More pics here (also of the razorback variant and close ups of details) in this post in my WIP log. 

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/WP_20151007_001_zpsdmiyteme.jpg

And I'll immediately make a revow:

I, Augustus b´Raass, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least one Captain with Bolter and one Primus Medicae on a Bike on or before the 15th of December, 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

Yessss!  That thing is beautiful!  Here is my current WIP pic, this one shows my Command Squad with 4 x Storm Shields, 3 x Gravguns, Apothecary, and 1 x Power Axe.  It also shows my Captain/Chapter Master in the squad as well being worked on.  Enjoy!  Obviously they aren't done yet!

12112073_10156199660340249_1295457146656

I second Augustus Armond!!! Those look amazing, I'm loving your Chapter Master. He stand out a lot more with that plume.

I have finished my first vow and you guys even get a treat with it. (Sorry to make a special snowflake story, he's fistish but more of the Fafnir Rann flavor)

++++++++++

(Audio-Recording: Captain Fischer to subordinate)

"You ask why I wear the skull, brother?"

​Fine, I shall regale you.

I bear this mask for my "sins".

After working with our savage cousins of the VIII, I found some of their methods.... we shall say unrefined.

So.... I refined them...

Without the nonsense of senseless murder and skinning pits. Savages....

Phosphex, brutal efficiency, and leveling of cities if necessary.

Nothing is too far, do what you have to. Or so I thought...

My illustrious father called me forth for my "unsavory tactics"...

I told him he was to light handed with those who opposed us....

To this day I have never been back-handed quite as hard, like sticking your head next to a Typhon Siege Cannon.

After I picked some of my teeth up off the floor, I was told I was to be censured for my application of the Imperial Truth.

"As I prepared to take my expeditionary force out into the void, my father approached and asked; "You understand why I must do this?"

"For I do what others will not. Not out of a sickness or to cause fear, but because I do not lack Conviction...."

-Captain Fischer (Siege Breaker of the Mighty VII)

http://i.imgur.com/KZocgWC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5kovbr9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rAdxT8P.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/k73DE0q.jpg

Quick fluff from my killteam battle the other day, this is of course from the perspective of the Executioners.

Kith Prime was never meant to be, but we could not ignore plea for help hidden in the chirping of the distress beacon. Signature searches yielded a Rogue Trader with contracts in this area of space, an agreement several millenniums old. The planet’s proximity to the Maelstrom was troublesome, and the fact that the planet had no known inhabitants brought questions to mind.

Our Lord demanded we answer the call for assistance, and we did so with a small, modified detachment from our dwindling numbers. Nearly nine decades into our penitent crusade, our shame, we have been reduced to less than a third of our full Chapter strength. Under the wise leadership of our Chapter Master and Death Speakers, we have been able to hold out when many others have perished. So close, so close to returning home and erasing this black mark from our most honorable name.

Death Speaker Akrosis was chosen as forward Commander. It was deemed unwise to deploy at full strength due to the full unknown of the situation, we had to be… cautious. The fleet would remain in system, with the Strike Cruiser Indominus remaining in high orbit with the second company. With reinforcements and a means to withdraw available, deployment to the surface was secured.

The Stygian Thunder, a Storm Eagle from a dark time in the Imperium’s history, was our chariot. We descended in the midst of a dust storm, driven off course and forced to land and wait out the storm. The ship took shelter in the midst of a small series of ruins, unidentifiable in regards to origin.

Unsure as to the length of the storm’s fury, we deployed on foot, our power armor more than a match for the punishing winds and limited visibility. Brother Dron led the patrol, garbed and equipped in his recon gear. His advanced vox system allowed him to relay findings as we advanced towards the direction of the beacon’s source. After advancing more than four kilometers, the storm suddenly ended. There was no warning, and we continued our push, more than a third of the way to our destination.

It was unexpected, but a transmission from the Storm Eagle’s crew came in full of static and barely making it to our receivers. Had the storm continued I have no doubt it would have never of made it.

..sistance…required… Und...ack…Enga..ng…I repeat… Assistance required… Under attack… Engaging… I repeat…

Acknowledged! Strike team en route! The voice of Death Speaker Akrosis’s dominated the channel and the transmissions ceased in understanding.

An astartes on the move was fearsome indeed, but one advancing with all speed and the fury of Fafnir Rann was altogether terrifying. We closed the distance at a ferocious rate, eating up the few kilometers in a desperate vie to make first contact. We saw them as we approached; ravaging our ship, no doubt the crew was killed. The defensive turrets of the Stygian Thunder were silent. He saw us coming, the hooded and spindly legged aberration, and they withdrew quickly. They fell back amongst the ruins, finding shelter within its protective walls.

We would not stop though, a small detail was to remain with the ship and determine if the crew still lived. If not, then the precious geneseed would need to be secured.
The rest of us would proceed forward; death was the only answer to this desecration. Information began to feed our eyes, no doubt a product of Brother Dron’s expedient research.

+++Enemy Ident+++
+++Prepare for profile+++
+++Dark Mechanicus, unknown variants, unknown faction+++
+++Extermination Action required, by the will of Dorn and the fury of Fafnir Rann+++

Dark Mechanicus! The offal created during the Heresy, an offshoot of the honorable Mechanicus of the Imperium. These dark and secretive cults were formed in the shadows of Mars, and spread their tendrils outwards, infesting nearly half of the Martians. A critical blow during the tragic events compounded more so by the betrayal of staunch allies of the Emperor.

We took to the ruins, Axe Brother Teron claiming a view of the battlefield in his Terminator Dreadnought Armor. He panned his assault cannon, searching for targets. Brother Dron took our right flank, no doubt in a position to prevent escape or any attempts by the enemy to gain the advantage.

The battle itself was quick and brutal. The alien weapons gave us pause; never had we fought the scions of the Dark Mechanicus. Chaplain Akrosis advanced quickly on the left flank with Brothers Konn and Xander, leaping through the air to close the gap as quickly as possible. Brother Brusis and I advanced the center, under the watchful gaze of Teron and his six-barreled cannon.

As we advanced, we heard the telltale sound of the assault cannon as it began to spool up, then the cacophony of noise as it spat death towards a building at our twelve o’clock. We heard the death cries of two of the enemy, and the crack of stone as it was chewed away by a stream of high velocity rounds. Then, a sound never heard before. The sound of unknown tech, slapping the ground around us but ultimately missing, sang out.

We rushed to cover, a strategic point on our battle-scape, but vulnerable if our overwatch was brought low. I turned and watched as the contrails from Chaplain Akrosis’ jetpack etched the sky. He landed heavily on the outskirts of the ruins, no doubt eager to engage in melee with the enemy leader, another tale to be told ‘round the tables. Shortly afterwards another pair of smoky trails lined the sky as Assault Brothers Volden and Carnac moved to intercept any who tried to escape.

I watched as I saw the silhouette of spindly-legged one cover an incredible distance in a handful of steps, no doubt he was heavily augmented. He moved towards our Death Speaker, perhaps some semblance of honor was retained in his dark and calculating mind. The fight was over quickly; Akrosis was promptly struck down, Martian weaponry penetrating the armor surrounding him. The enemy leader was unable to deliver a death stroke, for his position was in danger of being overrun by our advance. He retreated to within the ruins, concentrated fire eventually bringing him down.

I fell, brought down by one of their damned weapons. I just know that the results of the battle ended in our defeating the filth. They struck down Axe Brother Teron, causing severe damage to his systems and minor damage to his being. Until his armor was repaired, he would be bellowing his rage as he was at the mercy of the artificer and apothecary. Brother Brusis had been taken out of the fight, but it seems the damage taken was easily repairable and other than minor bruising he would suffer nothing other than a slight to his pride. Death Speaker Akrosis came to in a fit of fury, voicing his ire at the thought of being bested in combat by the accursed foe.
The heaviest blow was in the report given by our sentry team at the Storm Eagle once we returned. The crew was dead, and their bodies defiled. They had removed the precious geneseed of our brothers, an organ of the utmost importance and filled with the very essence of our Chapter and Primarch, Rogal Dorn! Death would come swiftly, brutal would be the delivery!

Death Speaker Akrosis demanded all members pursue the interlopers, and destroy them. No prisoners and no mercy. Brother Dron was ordered to make contact with Indominus and our Company Commander, Captain Harag. There was no doubt his bellicose nature would surface, and vengeance would be swift as the falling of the axe…

Nice work, Armond!

I haven't built the medic yet, but managed to get my hands on one of the old AoBR captains. Released during a time when I was out of the hobby, it's a simple click-fit model, but with amazing detail. I really like it!

I exchanged his power sword with a chain sword from the DV DA biker, and I gave him a laurel. Just two simple conversions, but they make sense in my Imperial Fists army. :)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zpsikyfgusu.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Well, since I'm not getting any action over in the WiP forum:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/Disruptor_fe404/40K%20WiPs/vigilant_saviours_26_ifex3.jpg

I've since finished the axe, and have started on the pile on the right side of the pic. Just waiting on a friend to give me a particular backpack and then this guy will be done.

I'd prefer comments in my WiP thread, but I'll check back here as well!

2015 10 08 21.54.24

2015 10 08 22.44.05

2015 10 09 01.23.33

2015 10 09 01.42.54

2015 10 09 01.43.21

2015 10 09 01.43.33

2015 10 09 01.43.43

From Primed to Done in 4 hours (though the Agrellan Earth isnt 100% dry in these Pictures)

You can see some of the Subtle Auric Armor Gold Drybrushing I'm fond of on the Shoulder Pads especially and some got on the Sword. Sure, the Black Sword is Lusterless Black Metal but I like it this way.

Ahhh yessss!  Fafnir's rage is has been sated and his 2nd Company well on the way to be done!  My vow is complete!  Now, enjoy these pictures.  I am mostly proud of my Captain, hopefully he receives a positive reception here in the Imperial Fists world!

First up, Ironclad

12106929_10156204605905249_3298438675728

Next up, Tactical Squad with Drop Pod

10303763_10156204606140249_8389437500753

Librarian for the fun of it

12143161_10156204606160249_6066302571275

Command Squad with Razorback armed w/TL Heavy Flamers

12096474_10156204605910249_6095412982713

"Command Sergeant" of the Command Squad armed with a Power Axe and Storm Shield

12072723_10156204606420249_9774922306736

Finally my Captain

12108272_10156204606450249_922177030720012115735_10156204606445249_800374563859512107158_10156204606645249_350890207618512122409_10156204606705249_3042767667849

Thankee!  Oh and BTW, thank you to Dosjetka for hosting this.  Because of you and the participants I am now the proud owner of an 1850+ points worth of Executioners.  Fully playable, and hopefully decent on the tabletop.  Will find out this weekend if work allows me to get off on time!

12107252_10156204871795249_5021484147858

Alright guys here are my pics of my models starting out and a pre-primer WIP...gap filling the bikes is a pain.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l111/Tigurius_2006/Imperial%20Fists/New%20Imperial%20Fists/Bike3_zpsugjmbtfl.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l111/Tigurius_2006/Imperial%20Fists/New%20Imperial%20Fists/Bike2_zpsi6fdqjer.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l111/Tigurius_2006/Imperial%20Fists/New%20Imperial%20Fists/Bike1_zpsdefotejv.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l111/Tigurius_2006/Imperial%20Fists/New%20Imperial%20Fists/Bike4_zps8vgsvyyc.jpg

Now this is only half of my vow...I'm wating for the other half to come in next week. Also I have some forgeworld grav guns that are coming for these guys (could be a while until thoses come in). If some of you are wondering where the rest of the parts are...they are in a seperate "prime black" pile. Stuff like all the weapons, the side car tire from the attack bike ect ect. Awkwardly, theses bikes I had came with old cavalry bases...tried ordering the new oval bike bases only to find out they were out of stock....I drove over to my local GW store and they gave me some for free...I rewarded them by picking up a box of sternguard smile.png. Also question for all of you....my attack bike doesn't have a base...is it appropriate to put it on a base or just let it free wheel?...if yes on the base...what size?...60mm?...80mm?

krakenfiend

UPDATE

I've finally finished with the code to create the table where your vows are now placed. The nightmare is over, though the shaking might last for a few days more...

Anyway, hopefully the information concerning everyone's vows is clearer and more structured for you all. I'd appreciate whatever feedback you chaps have, unless it's to say that you preferred the old list furious.gif

I'd also appreciate if you all checked your vows and made sure everything is correct. I've done my best to make sure everything's right, but I am only human and can make mistakes.

Also, I've added my own name to the list, as I'm 100% sure I'll be vowing something at some point, though have left most of the sections blank. I need to figure out what and from which Chapter. Again, suggestions welcome!

+ + + + + + + +

Congrats to jimbo13, Slipstreams and Armond for the completed vows! thumbsup.gif Excellent work!

krakenfiend: I think a 60mm base would work, though you may want to get that confirmed by someone who's already done something similar smile.png

1850 list, from memory

Chapter Master w/Artificer Armor, Storm Shield, and Teeth of Terra

Command Squad w/Apothecary, 4 x Storm Shields, 3 x Gravguns, 1 x Power Axe in a Razorback with TL Assault Cannons

Tactical Squad x 6 w/ Plasmagun and Sgt w/Combi-Plasma in a Razorback w/LasPlas

Tactical Squad x 6 w/Meltagun and Sgt w/Combi-Melta in a Razorback w/TL Heavy Flamers

Tactical Sauad x 10 w/Meltagun, Missile Launcher, and Sgt w/Combi-Melta in a Drop Pod

Venerable Dreadnought w/Assault Cannon, DCCW, and Storm Bolter

Ironclad Dreadnought w/Chainfist, DCCW, Meltagun and Heavy Flamer

Ironclad Dreadnought w/Seismic Hammer, DCCW, Meltagun, and Heavy Flamer

Assault Squad x 7 w/2 x Flamers, Eviscerator, and Sgt w/Power Axe all with Jump Packs

Land Speeder w/heavy bolter and Typhoon Missile Launcher

Vindicator w/Dozerblade and Storm Bolter

I may be missing a few upgrades, but that is about 1850. I still have my Librarian and Chaplain. I am also in the midst of finishing up three more terminators to make a full squad of them, dual TL Autocannon Dread, and another Drop Pod(but for a dread).

Krakenfiend- I use a 60mm base for my soon to be thudd gunn with crew, will vow soon!!!

Dosjetka- Yay!!!! You rock man!!! I'm excited to see what you'll pledge.

Armond- You just rolled everyone in this thread on the amount put out there :P For RANN!!!!!

Congrats to jimbo13, Slipstreams and Armond for the completed vows! :tu: Excellent work!

No love for poor Auggie? ;) :p

Seriously though, I think the new roster looks great and is very nifty. I might try to use it for when i reignite the Arena event I did last winter. However, I found there was nothing wrong with the way you recorded things before. So I'm good either way!

@Armond: Is that a Gladius Strike force or any other formation, or just a regular FoC force?

Archived