Dosjetka- Yay!!!! You rock man!!! I'm excited to see what you'll pledge.

Thanks :) I'm thinking of pledging a five-man Tactical Squad, but I'm nervous about pledging so much (I can hear some of you laughing at that ;)) as I'm uncertain whether or not I'll have the moitvation to finish them all off. Decisions, decisions...

No love for poor Auggie?;) :P

Seriously though, I think the new roster looks great and is very nifty. I might try to use it for when i reignite the Arena event I did last winter. However, I found there was nothing wrong with the way you recorded things before. So I'm good either way!

You get enough love in that thread of yours in the Forge ;) But I'll extend my congratulations to you, too, as I'm not as unkind as some might think :teehee:

Damn, sorry to hear that Wulfgar :( Hopefully real life will sort itself out quickly and you'll be back on track in a jiffy :tu:

Whatever happens, make sure to come back to us when you're ready!

Oh man, I think I can fit in one more vow, but am going to have to take a look at it to make sure...  Looking like a Rhino, Drop Pod, Dreadnought, and a few terminators.  I will confirm and decide tomorrow.  Work tempo is starting to pick up so have to evaluate the schedule!  

Armond: Ah, but are you allowed to pledge one more vow? Seems to me that you've hit the limit ;)

+ + + + + +

I, Dosjetka, proud Son of Dorn, Member of the glorious Imperial Fists, Overseer of the Phalanx, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least one Chaplain on or before the 15th of December, 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

WIP picture of the Chaplain:

gallery_45765_11375_208376.png

I, Armond, proud Son of Dorn, Brother of the Executioners, the will of Fafnir Rann made physical, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least one Dreadnought with Dual Twin Linked Autocannons, a Drop Pod, and 3 Terminators(to make my other two less lonely) on or before the 15th of December, 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

Also, note that this is my VII vow as is the honoured number of our Legion designation.  It is just to get me to VII!  

As you can see below, the drop pod is second hand, as is most of what I use, but I am going to see what I can do with it!

12141665_10156212694940249_6319534282520

Time for a small update. I have the base coat and shadow shading done and I'm starting to black out the details:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l111/Tigurius_2006/Imperial%20Fists/New%20Imperial%20Fists/Bike5_zpszve9gtmi.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l111/Tigurius_2006/Imperial%20Fists/New%20Imperial%20Fists/Bike6_zpsqyshgv8m.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l111/Tigurius_2006/Imperial%20Fists/New%20Imperial%20Fists/Bike7_zpsevdbtrxf.jpg

I'm still waiting for the other half of my vow and its parts (guns) to show up. I'm contemplating leaving the bike trim black to match the 5th company shoulder pads...but I'm unsure if that is acceptable depiction of the bikes..thoughts? I'm liking how the exhaust tips are coming out so far. Still lots of work to do. I'll update as I make progress.

krakenfiend

Hey krakenfiend! Nice progress, buddy. I'm thinking of the same issue with the bike trim. On the one hand, it should be black to match the fifth company trim. On the other, that would make the distinction between the black tires minute. I think I'm going to go for a earthy wash over the tires to make them distinct. Perhaps this is something for you?

Armond: Ah, but are you allowed to pledge one more vow? Seems to me that you've hit the limit msn-wink.gif

+ + + + + +

I, Dosjetka, proud Son of Dorn, Member of the glorious Imperial Fists, Overseer of the Phalanx, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least one Chaplain on or before the 15th of December, 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arm

Is that the helm from the Dark Vengeance chaplain? Man I wish they made those as more than just a limited run. If you bought it as a bit it must have cost a fortune!

Love the pose by the way as it gives me the feel that perhaps he has just struck down a former brother, and now contemplates what has made the universe come to this point. Very chilling to me as he is a chaplain, the ones who have will of pure steel. Really lets you see the human in the space marines.

Or perhaps he is just pure hard ass chaplain and taunting a traitor to take a blow to the head in a one v one duel!

But maybe thats just crazy old me imagining things tongue.png

DimDim

Hey all. I have a question for any one that can answer it. I would love to take part in the expansion with my Crimson Fists but I only have a iPad now that my computer has gone to the big mainframe in the sky. The question is how can I post pictures with on my iPad? Is there a way or am I hooped till I get a new computer. Thanks

I, Brother Pheidias, vow on the honour of the Imperial Fists, to paint and present at least 5 Tactical Marines, one Captain, one Chaplain and one Librarianon or before the 15th of December, 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

First pictures to come tomorrow.

Table in first post updated with new vows!

I will be near a pc later so will hopefully get a vow and maybe my first update on as well!

Looking forward to seeing what you vow!

Time for a small update. I have the base coat and shadow shading done and I'm starting to black out the details:

[snip]

I'm still waiting for the other half of my vow and its parts (guns) to show up. I'm contemplating leaving the bike trim black to match the 5th company shoulder pads...but I'm unsure if that is acceptable depiction of the bikes..thoughts? I'm liking how the exhaust tips are coming out so far. Still lots of work to do. I'll update as I make progress.

krakenfiend

Looking good, krakenfiend! And concerning your question about the black trim, I think it would look good.

Is that the helm from the Dark Vengeance chaplain? Man I wish they made those as more than just a limited run. If you bought it as a bit it must have cost a fortune!

Love the pose by the way as it gives me the feel that perhaps he has just struck down a former brother, and now contemplates what has made the universe come to this point. Very chilling to me as he is a chaplain, the ones who have will of pure steel. Really lets you see the human in the space marines.

Or perhaps he is just pure hard ass chaplain and taunting a traitor to take a blow to the head in a one v one duel!

But maybe thats just crazy old me imagining things tongue.png

DimDim

Yes, it is. And I wish they made more them, too!

I'm glad you like him and that he evokes those scenes; both are fitting! I think he's my best miniature yet :)

Chugging along!

[snip]

:o

You're a bleedin' machine, dude.

Hey all. I have a question for any one that can answer it. I would love to take part in the expansion with my Crimson Fists but I only have a iPad now that my computer has gone to the big mainframe in the sky. The question is how can I post pictures with on my iPad? Is there a way or am I hooped till I get a new computer. Thanks

You should be able to upload picture to the B&C Gallery from your iPad, exactly the same way as with a normal PC. If not, then you should be able to use any of the many image hosting sites to upload your pictures.

I, Brother Pheidias, vow on the honour of the Imperial Fists, to paint and present at least 5 Tactical Marines, one Captain, one Chaplain and one Librarianon or before the 15th of December, 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

First pictures to come tomorrow.

Glad to see another familiar face join us! I'm very much looking forward to seeing more of your work :)

Hey everyone...the second half of my vow arrived today! I will be making progress on them hopefully this weekend. I'll have a couple more WIP shots of the first bike squad -- of which I have started doing detail work on the bikes having finished the black out phase of painting them. Also I wanted to show you guys my finished devastator squad :). They won't count to the expansion but I figured I'd share them with you guys while I was here. Eventually I'll have my real camera instead of my terrible phone quality pics:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l111/Tigurius_2006/Imperial%20Fists/New%20Imperial%20Fists/IMG_1345_zpsx4gzd65r.jpg

krakenfiend

I finally received my Micro Sol in the mail (after it had been delivered to the wrong house) and I'm waiting on my Micro Set so I can decal my first squad of tac marines, but I went ahead and started on my captain.  Here is a WIP shot of him. 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/valhalla130/Hobby%20Progress/003_zpsqvqlyyfb.jpg

By the will of the Emperor, the tenacity of Dorn, and the fury of Fafnir Rann I have completed my VII vow!  Glory to the Imperium, Glory to the primogenitors, Glory to the Executioners!

12107273_10156218892950249_118021986835412072544_10156218893020249_4410217246820

And by the way, I know I cannot take anymore vows, but I also completed the following in honor of Brother Dosjetka's continued support of this expansion!

Sternguard

12109204_10156218892980249_4991710040927

Devastator Squad

12079718_10156218893010249_1790199806840

@krakenfiend: dude they look really good. I love your AB work. laugh.png Do you use oil washes for the black lines in the recesses? I do think that sergeant could have been either looking at the screen of his auspex or down the sights of his bolt pistol. As he is now, he kinda looks robotic. huh.png

@valhalla30: That captain looks like a boss. What happened to his leg?

@Armond: dude you're on fire. unbelievable.

I finished something too: the captain.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zpspmep16db.jpg

I also started building the biker apothecary of my command squad. To continue the 'prolonged siege battlefield' feel I'm trying to achieve for my fists, I gave him lots of supplies and even a servo-skull with a pincer to help him with his duties.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zps5p0b2gip.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zpsx9sa5hgq.jpg

What do you think? Does he need anything more?

Thanks for looking and for your feedback. smile.png

I, Gaius Atticus, vow on the honour of the Crimson Fists, to paint and present at least 10 Tactical Marines, and one Razorback or before the 15th of December, 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn, Pedro Kantor and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab235/iamcjb/IMG_3293.jpg

Archived