Notice: I see now I neglected to and somehow forgot to post the last two completed units of my seventh vow in this thread. Proof of on-time (december 15th 12:49PM) completion here

Pics of the completed units:

tactical Squad:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/WP_20151215_002_zps3b1u7ysd.jpg

Attack Bike:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/WP_20151215_020_zpss6vgidtu.jpg

I'll try to make a picture of all completed units tomorrow. :)

+ Thought of the day: Only in Death does Duty end. +

And so the Imperial Fists Expansion, third of its name, has ended. Twenty-five Battle-Brothers answered the call only three months ago to take the fight to the legions of filth and treachery pouring out of the Eye of Terror. While only twelve return victorious, this can still be counted as a success in the name of our Primarch and the Emperor!

Two of our brothers managed to complete seven vows, elevating them to the glorious rank of First Captain. Brothers Augustus and Armond, you have proven yourselves as paragons of the Chapter and as primus inter pares - first among equals. May the Emperor favour you in matters of war and aid you in smiting down the enemies of the Imperium of Mankind! In recognition for your efforts, you are permitted to wear the following badge of honour in your signatures:

gallery_45765_11559_45876.png gallery_45765_11559_40402.png

Next, we have a promotion to the rank of Sergeant for a Frater who successfully completed four vows! deathspectersgt7, may Dorn guide your bolts to their unholy targets and aid you in the training of the Chapter's younger brethren. To thank you for your dedication, you may wear this badge with pride:

gallery_45765_11559_21519.png

Promoted to the rank of Battle-Brother for the successful completion of two vows we have Brothers jimbo13 and WITCHKING501! May the Emperor guide you to everlasting honour and glory! You are also permitted to wear the following badge:

gallery_45765_11559_15151.png

Last but not least, we have seven Frater ascending to the rank of Neophyte: DimDim, disruptor_fe404, Gaius Atticus, krakenfiend, nusphigor, ShVagYeR and Slipstreams. Dorn and the Emperor watch your every step, brothers. Make sure you do not fail them. To complete your ascension into the Chapter, please wear this badge of recognition:

gallery_45765_11559_42998.png

Unfortunately, the Chapter has also seen a rather large influx of new Servitors to complement the already large number of Serfs. While their memories have already been wiped, we have managed to collect their names before they too disappear. BattleBrotherJohn, Brother Pheidias, Brother SP, Capitano, Demus Ragnok, Dosjetka, Grotsmasha, Helias Tancred, Lachdannan, nightwing1511 and valhalla130. These eleven Frater failed in their duties. Their records have been stripped from the Chapter archives, their names shall never be spoken again. Additionally, they must wear the following badge so that all who cross their paths know of their failure:

gallery_45765_11559_19379.png

However, two other Frater who failed their vows have seen their fates altered: Wulfgar Ironmane and Zopha. Having alerted the Crusade Command of their impending failure, what remained of them was rescued from the field of battle. They are now in suspended animation deep within the Apothecarion awaiting the decision that shall seal their fates. All that is known is that they might be given a chance to redeem themselves in the eyes of Dorn and the Emperor, and that their emergency pods bear this most peculiar symbol:

gallery_45765_11559_23075.png

A big thank you to all who participated! While it wasn't always easy for me to keep up with updates and such, I hope that you enjoyed yourselves! I have definitely learned a number of things and I hope not to make the same mistakes during the next Expansions msn-wink.gif

Feel free to do like others have done and post your completed models for all to see what you managed to paint! When I find the time, I might make a Hall of Honour-type thread to immortalise your efforts and have a place where people can see just how much you can get done during these events smile.png

For Dorn and the Emperor!

Thanks for running this Dosjetka! Although I didn't contribute much or get much painted it motived me to get an airbrush area setup and work room cleared out, whenever I get a free day again it'll be much easier to start painting without having to go through set-up.

Plenty of painting ideas from the WIP and completed posts for painting plans in the new year!

There have been some fantastic entries to this Expansion - well done to all those who have completed their vows.

As for me - sigh .

Others may make excuses ( and I have a list as long as my arm ) but a Son of Dorn does not show such weakness. He accepts the consequences of his action with no regret and no self pity.

So strap me down to a gurney and wheel me off to the Vivisectorium.

Once there crack open the skull and scoop out some of that brain matter ( wont be needing that again ) .

Then cram in a cogitator - oh , any chance of one of those cool bionic eyes ? thanking you kindly.

Reduced to a drooling meat puppet , bucket and mop clenched in my fists , I shamble off to a life time of duty in the Latrine - and when you see what some of those Astartes eat you would appreciate the true living horror of this task . nuke.gifyucky.gif

All hail Servitor 1313- DungKing !! drool.gif

( Previous name and record of purged from all chapter records )

As promised, a picture of all units vowed and completed during the event. Sorry for the crappy quality. With the season, my lack of windows and proper lamps, the lighting doesn't get better than this... 

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/WP_20151220_027_zpsdsttykdg.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to everyone who finished.  There was some awesome work in here. Unfortunately, real life interfered with me, but I have no excuses.  I only had 2 models to paint to finish my vow and I didn't do it.  Still, I was able to complete one ten man squad finally, so I thank you for helping prompt me to do that much.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived