^^Are you guys sure? They look pretty different to me. The banner above on Nightwing's miniature has a laurel on the banner itself and a fist on top, while the banner from the CF upgrade pack has a scroll on the banner and a laureled skull on top.

Turns out that you were right! Who would have thought it possible? :P

Wow I really like this thread! What an inspiration you all are! I saw this thread and got started on my own small expansion...though I haven't been having too much fun in Fine Cast Thunderfire Cannon Land....bleh...

[snip]

I'm almost done with the thunderfire cannon (thank god!...that thing is the worst sculpt ever)
krakenfiend

Welcome to the Expansion, brother! Great work so far, I'm looking forward to seeing more from you :tu:

Yeah krakenfiend, that yellow of yours is beautifully stunning (or was it stunningly beautiful?). I think you ended up inspiring us as much as this thread has inspired you.

Could you give us your yellow recipe?

The English language is funny that way with order of words.

Anyway, that is some awesome yellow for sure!!!

And here we go!

I, Armond, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least a 5-man Jump-Pack Assault Marine unit w/2 Flamers , Eviscerator along with a Land Speeder with Heavy Bolter and Typhoon Missile Launcher valued at 190 pts on or before the 15th of December, 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Fafnir Rann, Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

[snip]

You're on a roll! Can't wait to see that Land Speeder. I've always been tempted to get one, but the price is rather prohibitive. Maybe one day...

Thanks for the kind comments everyone. As for how I do my yellow?...I cheat....I really really cheat....Air brushing is the cheatiest method for painting Imperial Fists:

1. Prime White

2. Use air brush to base coat model with Vallejo Model Air Golden Yellow (71.078)

3. Use air brush to apply thinned down Vallejo Model Air Burnt Umber (71.040 thinned 2 parts thinner to 1 part paint) to the models recesses and areas that would have a natural shadow (like the bottom of the thunderfire cannon side skirts).

4. I apply an oil wash in the recesses and around bolts to define these areas better.

And that's pretty much it.

krakenfiend

Thanks for the recipe; simple, yet effective!

I think that's just working smarter not harder...

Indeed ;)

All done!

[snip]

Now I'm thinking really hard whether I should paint some more Imperial Fists or sell this mini to keep the temptation at bay. tongue.png

You know you want to paint more yellow ;) I mean, that Captain looks gorgeous, you can't just leave him there all alone!

I, Zopha, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least One unit of Legion Outriders (3 bikes) Of the Imperial Fists legion on or before the 15th of December, 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

I do not have a good history of completing objectives but this unit will be completed, a start on my 30k force as I slowly work on my 40k one.

Great! Welcome to the Expansion, brother!

No worries, Dosjetka. Lots of participation here, which is inspiring. (also: Blood Angels??? Those deviant gene-corrupted half-vampires? Their impurity is an affront to the glory of the Space Marine project! (Yes, I´m overcompensating msn-wink.gif))

Here's my mandatory second WIp picture of the scout vow I made here.

[snip]

The yellow armour parts, the clothing and all metal parts are done. The green base of the grenades has been layed out.

Still to do: leather parts, the chest aquilas, boots and armour, as well as weathering, the base and lastly all visors and lights.

Says the filthy, Warp-tainted Traitor? Hah, how amusing :devil:

Looking good! Keep it up!

Great work so far everyone

And here's a revow:

I, Augustus b'Raass, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present one Whirlwind tank, painted in the livery of the Imperial Fists on or before the 15th of December, 2015. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

I'm at the GFs right now so WIP pics will come later.

Vow 1 finished.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/WP_20150925_021_zpsr3fty1kt.jpg

More pics - with all-angle shots of all the individual scouts here in my WIP log.

I've always suspected that the Scion kit would go well with the Scout kit, good to see it confirmed!

Those scouts look pretty dang nice!!!  

Progress

Magnetized the Land Speeder, but Quixus pointed out I put the fins on backwards, so I fixed.  The pic does not reflect the fix.  Will do that later.  Is the clear base appropriate for games?  I may go for using a standard base, and just basing it like the rest of my army.  

12063326_10156169090950249_8819598947679

Primed and ready for paint

12049368_10156169091035249_9045559294664

Vow 1 finished.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/WP_20150925_021_zpsr3fty1kt.jpg

More pics - with all-angle shots of all the individual scouts here in my WIP log.

Dude...... Talk about bringing the heat..... These are awesome and fall into tacticool category. Keep up the great work Augustus!!!! Why the alternative scheme with the black chest piece out of curiosity?

and a WIP of my vow:

12009828_10156166841095249_1015478192816

Squad of the vow :

12011284_10156165446090249_3679571739989

You sir are a painting machine!!!! Glad to see you giving the executioners some much needed love.

Thanks!  My final vow will be a larger one.  Working on gathering pieces for it.  Currently have a drop pod, vindicator, Razorback w/Las Plas, maybe a Command Squad, and another Chaplain(without Jump pack, maybe in Cataphracti) and some Terminators.  Not fully decided, but leaning that direction.  

@Dosjetka: A couple questions for you. I just reread the rules of this event, and according to them, we all have to supply no less than 4 (four!) pictures per vow. A start, two (2) WIPs, and a 'finish' picture. My normal MO for non-conversion models (so including simple kit-bashes like I'm doing with my IFs) is to supply one WIP pic, acquire and process any constructive feedback on them in my modelling/painting, and then post a finished picture. I did provide one in-between-WIP-pic for the scouts, but not two. Am I now in violation of the rules? And will my vow be counted or not? And related to this and finally: would you allow us to post 'just' one in-between-WIP-pic?

Hidden Content

Vow 1 finished.

More pics - with all-angle shots of all the individual scouts here in my WIP log.

Dude...... Talk about bringing the heat..... These are awesome and fall into tacticool category. Keep up the great work Augustus!!!! Why the alternative scheme with the black chest piece out of curiosity?

Thanks buddy! I guess I opted for the black chest piece because I view scouts as black-ops marines? Also, I'm following much of the HH era colour scheme. My assault marines will also follow the black-armour-except-for-the-yellow-shoulders-knee-pads-and-helmets-scheme. ;)

@Dosjetka: A couple questions for you. I just reread the rules of this event, and according to them, we all have to supply no less than 4 (four!) pictures per vow. A start, two (2) WIPs, and a 'finish' picture. My normal MO for non-conversion models (so including simple kit-bashes like I'm doing with my IFs) is to supply one WIP pic, acquire and process any constructive feedback on them in my modelling/painting, and then post a finished picture. I did provide one in-between-WIP-pic for the scouts, but not two. Am I now in violation of the rules? And will my vow be counted or not? And related to this and finally: would you allow us to post 'just' one in-between-WIP-pic?

Hidden Content

Thanks buddy! I guess I opted for the black chest piece because I view scouts as black-ops marines? Also, I'm following much of the HH era colour scheme. My assault marines will also follow the black-armour-except-for-the-yellow-shoulders-knee-pads-and-helmets-scheme. msn-wink.gif

Bad ass bro!!! I eagerly await.

@Dosjetka: A couple questions for you. I just reread the rules of this event, and according to them, we all have to supply no less than 4 (four!) pictures per vow. A start, two (2) WIPs, and a 'finish' picture. My normal MO for non-conversion models (so including simple kit-bashes like I'm doing with my IFs) is to supply one WIP pic, acquire and process any constructive feedback on them in my modelling/painting, and then post a finished picture. I did provide one in-between-WIP-pic for the scouts, but not two. Am I now in violation of the rules? And will my vow be counted or not? And related to this and finally: would you allow us to post 'just' one in-between-WIP-pic?

Short answer as I'm pressed for time: no, one WIP picture is enough and will be accepted.

To all: I've got some real life issues that I need to deal with rather quickly, so I might be quiet for the next couple of days. I'll make sure to update the first post with the new vows ASAP, but in the meantime I'm letting you all know so that you're not all worried and panicking ;) If anything urgent pops up, make sure you PM me right away. I'll be sure to check my PM's a few times a day.

Anyway, keep the updates coming and continue your great work :tu:

By the stubbornness of Dorn I have prevailed!

Vow Complete...

11049579_10156175142800249_6614773960364

So what's next?  Help me decide.  I have the following on the table, and am actually considering doing 2-3 out of them...

12079052_10156175143940249_3883948751129

Oh and the entirety of my Executioners as of right now

12039562_10156175143575249_2239894982672

Second WIP picture of my vowed IMperial Fists Whirlwind. As you can see, I'm also making it so that it can be fielded as a rhino and as a Rzaorback - I was lucky enough to get my hands on three Whirlwind lunchers, so I bought three Razorbacks from GW, which I could field as three vehicles each! 

Basically all the yellow is done now. I need to touch up all the blacks, then on to metals. Then it´ll be transfers, weathering, and finally lights.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zpsoen7vdxn.jpg

Hope you like.

Dosjetka- It will tone down the silver and give it a more golden appearance, and will make the gold you've got a little bit warmer (ie. give it a slightly more yellow/gold tinge). 

I tried this on a test model. I didn't quite like the result with my personal vision of my fists, but that being said. You helped me achieve the effect I've wanted to do on metallic's for some time now, in particular with golds and brass/copper's. THis will see use in a combat patrol force that I have planned good sir. Good Luck on you RL issues, we await for your return!!!

By the stubbornness of Dorn I have prevailed!

Vow Complete...

11049579_10156175142800249_6614773960364

So what's next?  Help me decide.  I have the following on the table, and am actually considering doing 2-3 out of them...

12079052_10156175143940249_3883948751129

Oh and the entirety of my Executioners as of right now

12039562_10156175143575249_2239894982672

Psst...... Do the dreads..... Psst..... THE DREADS!!! 

Second WIP picture of my vowed IMperial Fists Whirlwind. As you can see, I'm also making it so that it can be fielded as a rhino and as a Rzaorback - I was lucky enough to get my hands on three Whirlwind lunchers, so I bought three Razorbacks from GW, which I could field as three vehicles each! 

Basically all the yellow is done now. I need to touch up all the blacks, then on to metals. Then it´ll be transfers, weathering, and finally lights.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zpsoen7vdxn.jpg

Hope you like.

You sir seem to keep bringing the heat. Good lord.

My update-

http://i.imgur.com/vWEGDZo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1mYbRCQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WFAtasW.jpg

I have a special something for the helmet. Something more in line with the flavors of the night lords, Augustus your NL are to blame for this deviance..... 

Fluff inbound as well.

I think perhaps one dread, drop pod, tactical squad with plasma gun. I kinda of want to do the vindicator, but might need to do the razorback with LasPlas so the tactical squad can catch a ride.

Some more work done on the tank.  I managed to finish everything except for the rust streaks, the tracks in their entirity, the mud weathering with Vallejo paste, and finally the symbols on the side of the whirlwind launchers. 

Here's one pic. More in my WIP thread here.

Augustus- Your weathering is phenomenal. Question, what does it say on the scroll on the front?

Here's my siege breaker. Need to finish a few doo dads for him. Power knife, melta bomb, phosphex grenades (eta soonish)

Fluff will follow when officially done. But something a little different for fists.

http://i.imgur.com/8WDU9o3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/N7cScHU.jpg

Tried to do a punisher skull but don't have any brushes small enough. But you get the gist.

Archived