Rather than taking phased plasma-fusils, why not upgrade those Thallax to Ferrox? Meshes nicely with their heavy chainblades.

I'd also focus your Destructor units - grav imploders in one unit and irad in the other. The unit doesn't have spilt fire - you may want the AP3 irads to shoot at MEQ and the AP2 imploders at TEQ. Same point for the Macrocarid - irad sponsons work nicely with a Mauler on the top.

Extra armour is advised on your Triaros. Don't want them to be Stunned. :)

Thanks Callum. Don't macroanid have machine spirit so its not a prob. The grav imploder just looks awesome haha.

Good call on the extra armour I can easily trade some points for that.

I've run the descructors as mixed squads twice before and both times worked great. I don't want the grav squad or irad squad to end up against targets the don't like or are wasted against so I find it quiet balanced like that. Mine are all magnetised so not a issue if need to change around.

As the thallax are deepstriking I want a gun on them to put a bit of firepower down when lands. Chain blades are there as these may end up in combat as plan on landing in oppenents zone to get the objectives there.

• 3 weeks later...

Got six with 2 mm

Six with 2 thrusters

Six with 2 plasma

Its more if any upgrades are worth it. Does the chainblades help if not with ferrox upgrade?. Only one melta bomb can be used so is 5 points each worth it?

Got six with 2 mm

Six with 2 thrusters

Six with 2 plasma

Its more if any upgrades are worth it. Does the chainblades help if not with ferrox upgrade?. Only one melta bomb can be used so is 5 points each worth it?

I'd stick with one MM per three dudes.

_IF_ they have to kill a vehicle in CC they're more than capable to do that with their S5 punches of death. ;)

Edited by Gorgoff

Multimeltas are a poor weapon for Thallax as covered several times. Fusils are best and thrusters can do work (although are overpriced). Meltabombs are not worth it either, IMO. I do throw in a chainblade or two per squad, it helps finish off the occasional light vehicle if their S6/7 shooting didn't do the job.

As said weren't really taking about the weapons. More the upgrades. I no thallax always get a slating. Don't really care. I found thrusters worked the best for me. Just asking on if found chainbladss and mb worth it.don't really plan on getting them in combat much

When shooting at rear armor of most AoD vehicles, the multiple shots from a plasma fusil are more lethal than the single melta shot. Also it invites you to get closer to the enemy, which is the last place Thallax need to be. Most of the "Thallax are crap" complaints come from those who try to use them as Drop pod space marines.

So are hoplites worth it over grav myrmidon secutors?? 

Absolutely. Being Troops is a huge deal, along with being about half as expensive. 

With Secutors, I think the way to go would be mix a grav gun with a plasma fusil. That way they stay relatively cheap (for Myrmidons), and they can clean up non-TDA infantry when they're not popping vehicles. 

I've got 20 hoplites on the way to put use too. Stick them in a triaros I guess?.

I fell the destructors are better anti infantry tho so might as well leave the secutors to anti armour with just grab?

I've got 20 hoplites on the way to put use too. Stick them in a triaros I guess?. 

I fell the destructors are better anti infantry tho so might as well leave the secutors to anti armour with just grab? 

Yeah definitely mech them up, they benefit a lot from a transport. Triaros is good, Arvus Lighter also works if you wanna go full madman mode in the enemy DZ.

Destructors are the better Myrmidon class sadly, Secutors are a bit underpowered and overcosted by comparison. But yeah, if you are taking Secutors, going full grav gun is a good way to deal with enemy vehicles. Before Vultarax came out, people used to QQ non-stop about grav Secutors.

Macroarid is a great tank that can carry a few passengers. It really should be a dedicated transport option for HQ Magi, Heavy slots are pretty valuable in Mechanicum. It's great for trolling people with rad-engine sponsons and Scouting/Outflanking into range. You probably only want to take the one. 

Triaros is a great transport with a bit of anti-infantry output, and hilariously powerful Ramming. They're best in multiples so you can screen their AV12 flanks and make opponents rage with discount flare shielded Land Raiders essentially. Secutarii Hoplites and Adsecularis love Triaros, it solves their mobility and fragility issues, and its cheap enough to not make the whole package too expensive. I've seen them used to great effect against even heavy anti-tank firepower, they just refuse to die and deliver Mechanicum light infantry very well.

• 2 weeks later...