Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mechanicum Tactica

Mechanicum Tactica Taghmata Omnissiah Legio Cybernetica Ordo Reductor Titan Legions

• Please log in to reply
987 replies to this topic

Caillum

Caillum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,454 posts
  • Chapter Name: XXth Legion
Rather than taking phased plasma-fusils, why not upgrade those Thallax to Ferrox? Meshes nicely with their heavy chainblades.

I'd also focus your Destructor units - grav imploders in one unit and irad in the other. The unit doesn't have spilt fire - you may want the AP3 irads to shoot at MEQ and the AP2 imploders at TEQ. Same point for the Macrocarid - irad sponsons work nicely with a Mauler on the top.

Extra armour is advised on your Triaros. Don't want them to be Stunned. :)

LtDan

LtDan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 305 posts
Thanks Callum. Don't macroanid have machine spirit so its not a prob. The grav imploder just looks awesome haha.

Good call on the extra armour I can easily trade some points for that.

I've run the descructors as mixed squads twice before and both times worked great. I don't want the grav squad or irad squad to end up against targets the don't like or are wasted against so I find it quiet balanced like that. Mine are all magnetised so not a issue if need to change around.

As the thallax are deepstriking I want a gun on them to put a bit of firepower down when lands. Chain blades are there as these may end up in combat as plan on landing in oppenents zone to get the objectives there.
  • Caillum likes this

LtDan

LtDan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 305 posts
So what if any upgrades do people take on thallax?. Chainblades?melta bombs? Are either worth it?

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 726 posts
  • Chapter Name: Iron Warriors

So what if any upgrades do people take on thallax?. Chainblades?melta bombs? Are either worth it?

Being on the receiving end in that matter I strongly recommand Multimelters.
  • LtDan likes this
gallery_48988_10980_12646.png

LtDan

LtDan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 305 posts
Got six with 2 mm
Six with 2 thrusters
Six with 2 plasma
Its more if any upgrades are worth it. Does the chainblades help if not with ferrox upgrade?. Only one melta bomb can be used so is 5 points each worth it?

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 726 posts

Got six with 2 mm
Six with 2 thrusters
Six with 2 plasma
Its more if any upgrades are worth it. Does the chainblades help if not with ferrox upgrade?. Only one melta bomb can be used so is 5 points each worth it?

I'd stick with one MM per three dudes.
_IF_ they have to kill a vehicle in CC they're more than capable to do that with their S5 punches of death. ;)

Edited by Gorgoff, 19 June 2017 - 12:33 PM.

Withershadow

Withershadow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,182 posts
Multimeltas are a poor weapon for Thallax as covered several times. Fusils are best and thrusters can do work (although are overpriced). Meltabombs are not worth it either, IMO. I do throw in a chainblade or two per squad, it helps finish off the occasional light vehicle if their S6/7 shooting didn't do the job.

LtDan

LtDan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 305 posts
As said weren't really taking about the weapons. More the upgrades. I no thallax always get a slating. Don't really care. I found thrusters worked the best for me. Just asking on if found chainbladss and mb worth it.don't really plan on getting them in combat much

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 726 posts

Multimeltas are a poor weapon for Thallax as covered several times.

Why?

LtDan

LtDan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 305 posts
One shot, bs4 and alot of ac about(meta dependant). Tho I still think they have there uses myself. Deep striking units behind vechiles etc with a djinn skien +1bs bonus😉

Withershadow

Withershadow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,182 posts
When shooting at rear armor of most AoD vehicles, the multiple shots from a plasma fusil are more lethal than the single melta shot. Also it invites you to get closer to the enemy, which is the last place Thallax need to be. Most of the "Thallax are crap" complaints come from those who try to use them as Drop pod space marines.

LtDan

LtDan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 305 posts
So are hoplites worth it over grav myrmidon secutors??

LtDan

LtDan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 305 posts
And maxed out units of thallax. Just thinking of using something differnt

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mechanicum, Tactica, Taghmata Omnissiah, Legio Cybernetica, Ordo Reductor, Titan Legions

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users