Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mechanicum Tactica

Mechanicum Tactica Taghmata Omnissiah Legio Cybernetica Ordo Reductor Titan Legions

• Please log in to reply
1019 replies to this topic

Niightcloak

Niightcloak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19 posts

not saying it isnt effective, was just wondering if i limited myself more than necessary ;)

LtDan

LtDan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 351 posts
No its one weapon not one tank/unit. Best used on a venator really

Withershadow

Withershadow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,712 posts

It's per unit, not per weapon.

A venator is a great use for it, certainly, but requires your Magos to be outside.  If you're riding him up in a transport, may as well make it a Macrocarid with guns that can use the buff.

LtDan

LtDan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 351 posts
Bud. Single weapon!. Ordnance or heavy. Not unit

Reclusiarch Darius

Reclusiarch Darius

++ PUNITOR FURENS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,229 posts

Makes that conversion beamer on the Macroarid kinda hilarious though. 

"Already, you exalt me for my triumphs, when I ask only that you remember me for my treacheries.
Victory is nothing more than survival. It carries no weight of honour or worth beyond what we ascribe to it.
If you wish to grow wise, learn why brothers betray brothers."

Grand Master Khyron, Eighth Brotherhood

"One unbreakable shield against the coming darkness, One last blade, forged in defiance of fate,
Let them be my legacy to the galaxy I conquered. And my final gift to the species I failed."

Inscription upon the Arcus Daemonica, attributed to the Emperor of Mankind

LtDan

LtDan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 351 posts
They can take beamers?

Reclusiarch Darius

Reclusiarch Darius

++ PUNITOR FURENS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,229 posts

Yeah you can swap the twin mauler for a conversion beamer

"Already, you exalt me for my triumphs, when I ask only that you remember me for my treacheries.
Victory is nothing more than survival. It carries no weight of honour or worth beyond what we ascribe to it.

"One unbreakable shield against the coming darkness, One last blade, forged in defiance of fate,
Let them be my legacy to the galaxy I conquered. And my final gift to the species I failed."

LtDan

LtDan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 351 posts
Think the lascanonon would be a more reliable option. Beamers have to have alot of range to be worth it

disease

disease

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 999 posts
  • Chapter Name: All Things Traitorous

Anyone changed how they run their arch magos to keep up with meta changes?

Heresy 30k Death Guard log:

http://www.bolterand...hh-death-guard/

18a09e09-9f98-4ad1-92db-f8758562b17b_zps

Niightcloak

Niightcloak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19 posts

i like the jetpack myrmidax with either twingrav+paragon or twinplasma

usually i DS him in with a few thallax meatshields with either more lasma or ferrox and heavy chainblade

expensive but works quite well unless you scatter :P

• disease likes this

disease

disease

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 999 posts
  • Chapter Name: All Things Traitorous

is there ever a reason to take two macroarids outside of matrix of ruin?   I somehow have stumbled upon two and not sure if i should just swap for a triaros

Heresy 30k Death Guard log:

http://www.bolterand...hh-death-guard/

18a09e09-9f98-4ad1-92db-f8758562b17b_zps

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,591 posts

Two HS slots is a LOT to give up, even if the Arid is a beast in itself.

You'd need some good cargo inside to justify it I think.

In Their Fists They Carry Death - The Legiones Custodes

++Heresy WIP Thread: Talons++

++WIP Thread++

++Index Astartes Sanguine Visions++

LtDan

LtDan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 351 posts
I'm going to run 2 loaded with myrmidons in matrix.

Chaeron

Chaeron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,704 posts
  • Chapter Name: Death Guard
With a potential narrative campaign day coming up in which one cannot use named characters, I'm thinking through a replacement HQ choice for Scoria. I'm leaning towards an Archmagos Dominus (with another two Domini as standard), but my debate is over how best to equip them. Leaning towards Abeyant, Machinator Array, Cyber-familiar, and then it becomes slightly more open! Any thoughts from the collective as to what would be worth considering?

L_T_3_2017_Badge_06_Magos.jpgETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei05.jpgETL_2016_Badge_09_Badge_of_the_Martyr.jpCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_10383_2014.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.pnggallery_29004_9903_10777.pnggallery_29004_10383_9506.pnggallery_29004_6198_5690.pngImg_CH00_08Awards_07_CoC_2013.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013E.gif

Bulbafist

Bulbafist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 885 posts
  • Chapter Name: 13th Grand Battalion
I find the photon thruster is spendy, but on a magos dominus that is usually in the rear lines it gives him some utility. Especially when he's parked with some dark fires. The array and cyber familiar are a must, but the Abyent less so.
sig.jpg
My Iron Warrior Army: Army Thread
My Painting Blog: With Tutorials, WIPs, and Bad Puns

Reclusiarch Darius

Reclusiarch Darius

++ PUNITOR FURENS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,229 posts

I'd just take another Domini, save points for more robots. Arch-Domini don't have good melee options and are only marginally better at Cybertheurgy (Ld10 instead of 9). 

Chaeron

Chaeron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,704 posts

I find the photon thruster is spendy, but on a magos dominus that is usually in the rear lines it gives him some utility. Especially when he's parked with some dark fires. The array and cyber familiar are a must, but the Abyent less so.

I'd definitely be tempted to gear him more towards shooting (and mending!) a larger Castellax Dark Fire squad, my only thought re: the Abeyant was making the Magos more survivable, but naturally - it does push up the cost. 

I'd just take another Domini, save points for more robots. Arch-Domini don't have good melee options and are only marginally better at Cybertheurgy (Ld10 instead of 9). 

Interesting - in terms of points saved, it might enable me to split the Thallax squad (was thinking of a six strong one, just as another scoring choice - but two three-strongs might work). I also was tempted the Archmagos Prime in terms of combat ability, but he would then only be able to run with the Thallax rather than Castellax by my understanding? I do like the idea of something that can be similar to Scoria in usage as a character, but appreciate that there's probably not a perfect direct replacement for obvious reasons!

L_T_3_2017_Badge_06_Magos.jpgETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei05.jpgETL_2016_Badge_09_Badge_of_the_Martyr.jpCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_10383_2014.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.pnggallery_29004_9903_10777.pnggallery_29004_10383_9506.pnggallery_29004_6198_5690.pngImg_CH00_08Awards_07_CoC_2013.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013E.gif

Withershadow

Withershadow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,712 posts

The Archdominus is a terrible choice, to be fair.  Either of the named character alternatives are way better if you want such a big and spendy dude.  Otherwise, a pair of regular Domini is a better bet and gives you a larger controller network.

Chaeron

Chaeron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,704 posts

The issue is for this campaign, I can't take any named characters - so it does have to be one of those other options! That said, I was intending to run with a further two Domini anyway, so perhaps running three similar ones might be a solution - as it's the lack of Patris Cybernetica would steer me from the Magos/Archmagos. Food for thought! 

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 809 posts
  • Chapter Name: IVth Legion

The issue is for this campaign, I can't take any named characters - so it does have to be one of those other options! That said, I was intending to run with a further two Domini anyway, so perhaps running three similar ones might be a solution - as it's the lack of Patris Cybernetica would steer me from the Magos/Archmagos. Food for thought!

Is it possible in your campaign to use the character generator from book 4?
It starts on page 218.
gallery_48988_10980_12646.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mechanicum, Tactica, Taghmata Omnissiah, Legio Cybernetica, Ordo Reductor, Titan Legions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users