Stubborn 8 is balls leadership? And for 200ish points with fists you out value an arlatax, while vorax are only worth it in cybernetica where you don't just trade units in general.

Against terminators with fists they're also the most survivable of the melee options because of their fnp and ws 4

I meant in combat, but having that solid chance running from shooting is bad too. 3-strong tends to lose a lot of combats.

12 powerfist attacks loses a lot of combats? What are you fighting with these guys?

And their leadership in combat is better than any of the generic legion units. Marines lose by 1? LD8. 2? LD7. Stubborn is great.

I feel like I'm missing something where you need to take tests on average to fail, where you'll usually only take 2.

Termite isn't for mechanicum, its for Legions

The rules preview was for LA, but at the event it was said that LA, Mechanicum and Imperial forces would get access to it.

The model they even had on show was painted in Mechanicum colors and iconography.

Edited by Mango Polo

Right then robo nerds...

Finally going to take the plunge on my mech after recently dropping my eaters (and soon ravens) due to wanting to downsize.

After a bit of looking through here and a few months of back and forth on things, I've settled on this and would appreciate opinions please

---------------

3k Ordo Reductor:

Magos reductor - Cyber familiar, Scanner, 3x occularis, Djinn, MA, MB,  Photon thruster, Rad nades, Parragon blade

20X Tech thralls - R.O.P.T, CA

3x Thallax - plasma, MB'S

6x Ursurax - Fists

2x Krios Venator

2x Medusa - M. Spirit

3x Destructors  - Photon Thrusters

Ordinatus Sagitar

------------------------

So I want to take it to a few events, hence no Matrix of Ruin (as it's never usually permitted) although if it is, I'd just split the Medusa

Spoken to a few about the ordinatus at 3k and people seem to reflect that it's fairly point and because of the nature of D, it will either destroy 5 tanks turn one, or sometimes you will just roll 1's. I love the model and it;s the reason behind this force.

Since the change in grav, I figure the Myrms and Magos can sit at the back to tackle any deepstrikers, as well as elite infantry from range. If they need too, they are geared to take on most in combat too. It allows the magos to hand out his bonus to the artillery and tanks if need be also.

THralls and Thallax - the scorers - where I lose the tanks scoring, the thallax can make up for it and will generally be targetting the PA units keeping distance to avoid charges but generally, just being a pain or distraction supporting the ursurax. Thralls sit at the back, again to score or deny board space/tie units up.

This then leaves the ursurax to smash face. I feel 6 allows me to lose 1 or 2 on the way in, but these will be my throw at the large enemy tank/death star knowing the will not return - plus love the miniatures.

Medusa is my only real anti spartan from range with it's barrage (oh and obviously the sagittar can help!) - They will stay at the back while the krios can flank if need be.

So yeah, hoping it's pretty all round balanced with some good looking and hard hitting units while keeping to the reductor theme!

I had my first game with Reductor last night. I don't normally like using tanks but this was a blast (no pun intended) to play. The mission was Shatter Strike (get into your opponent's deployment, attrition) with Dawn of War deoyment.

My list was;

++ Matrix of Ruin (Mechanicum: Taghmata Army List) [2980pts] ++

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance: Loyalist

Legio: Ordo Reductor

+ HQ +

Magos Reductor Calleb Decima [520pts]: Cyber-familiar, Decima Invictus

. Macrocarid Explorator: Armoured Ceramite, Flare Shield, Lascannon, Two irradiation engines

+ Troops +

Secutarii Peltast Phalanx [310pts]: 14x Radium Carbine, 14x Secutarii, Triaros Armoured Conveyor

. Secutarii Alpha: Galvanic Caster

Secutarii Peltast Phalanx [175pts]: 14x Radium Carbine, 14x Secutarii

. Secutarii Alpha: Galvanic Caster

Thallax Cohort [160pts]: Photon Thruster, 3x Thallax

Thallax Cohort [160pts]: Photon Thruster, 3x Thallax

+ Lords of War +

War Machine Detachment [385pts]

. Mechanicum Indentured Knight Paladin: Blessed Autosimulacra, Rapid-fire battlecannon

+ Heavy Support +

Krios Battle Tank Squadron [450pts]: Krios Venator Tank Destroyer, Krios Venator Tank Destroyer, Krios Venator Tank Destroyer

Ordo Reductor Artillery Tank Battery [320pts]: Medusa cannons

. Ordo Reductor Artillery: Machine Spirit, Siege Plating, Twin-Linked Bolter

Ordo Reductor Artillery Tank Battery [250pts]: Demolisher cannons

Ordo Reductor Artillery Tank Battery [250pts]: Demolisher cannons

++ Total: [2980pts] ++

My opponents was;

Dorn

Pollux

Chaplain with Power Fist

9 Termies with 5 storm shields and a few chainfists

Spartan with Flare Shield

Sicarian with Lascannons

Arcus with skyfire missiles

2 vindicators in a squadron

Cortus with multi melta and power fist

2 10 man breached squads

10 man tac in a melta think

2 laser destroyer batteries.

I deployed and went first. 3 Krios on my right flank, everything else central. My opponent put 10 breachers, 2 vindicators and the laser destroyers facing my Krios. Arcus and Sicarian to the far side of the battle line. Breachers, tac and Spartan in the middle.

Turn 1:

I moved up as much as I wanted to risk doing so, Decima gave one Medusa sunder. First squadron of demolishers killed 7 breachers in the centre, medusa shots bounced off the Spartan (even with barrage, ordnance and sunder on one of them). Second demolisher squad killed a few weapon crew, knight killed a laser destroyer gun. Krios destroyed one vindicator and knocked both weapons off the surviving one. Laser destroyers flee off the board, breachers stay put.

My opponent advances the Spartan and the disembarked everything. Breachers advance, Sicarians start to flank. Shooting knocks a few hull points off vehicles but nothing major. Termies, Dorn and the characters charge 2 demolisher tanks and the Triaros, wrecking the Triaros and exploding both demolishers for no casualties. Dread charges, glances and is destroyed.

Turn 2:

Secutarii go for +1BS/-1WS and I, Krios don't have a good target due to terrain so they turn to face the 10 man breacher squad close to them. Everything else (2 demolishers, 2 medusas,30 Secutarii, Decima, the Knight, Macrocarid and 6 Thallax) fire at Dorn and co. The secutarii were danger close so I opened up with them first killing a few. Demolishers opened up popping the chaplain and a few more, medusas killed 2 more leaving Dorn, Pollux and 2 Termies. Krios kill all but 2 Breachers. The knight battlecannnons the heavy bolter off the Arcus and doesn't hurt the Termies. Knight charges and kills a termie before dropping to 2 hull points.

Sicarians split up. Dakka one goes for the Krios who now have their flank exposed, Arcus stays put to shoot into whatever it can. Spartan shuffles a bit. Breachers both advance. Vindicator rams a damaged demolisher tank and dies (lol). A few hull points here and there, nothing amazing. 8 Secutarii die to the Arcus. Knight takes a hull point and stomps the last termie and Pollux. Breachers fail to charge.

Turn 3:

Medusas flank to get Los on the Arcus. Tanks push forwards to take objectives/avoid the inevitable death of the Knight. Medusas kill the Arcus, Krios stop the Sicarian from shooting, thallax and last demolisher wipe out the central breachers leaving one left from the last squad. The knight dies and goes supernova, doesn't hurt Dorn and kills a few more peltasts and knocks a hullpoint off the Macrocarid.

My opponent advances Dorn close to Decima's squad. Land Raider trades blows with the Macrocarid and a demolisher, wrecking the demolisher and bouncing off the macrocarid. Sicarian knocks one Krios down to 1 hull point. Lone breacher charges the Krios, hammer of wrath wrecks it, then the krak grenade immobliises the next one. Dorn doesn't kill Decima surptisngly but doesn't die in return.

Turn 4:

Demolishers move up, Macrocarid and the 3 central thallax move up, last demolisher moves up with the last mobile Krios. Other thallax move up to kill the last breacher. Rhino is popped by the immobile Krios, Macrocarid cooks 9 out of the 10 marines and the reduced peltast squad finishes the survivor off. Sicarian takes an ungodly amount of fire and doesn't take a single hull point. Medusas knock off a quad lascannon. Dorn understandably kills the remaining peltasts.

Dorn advances and charges the last peltasts. Land Raider bounces off the medusas. Sicarian opens up on the Krios and does nothing. Dorn kills the peltasts

Turn 5:

The Spartan and the Sicarian die, leaving Dorn the only standing imperial fist. Any tanks that can move move towards my opponents deployment

Dorn walks into my deployment

I choose to go to turn 6 because I'm not a good person

Turn 6:

Everything that can fire fires at Dorn, knocking him down to 2 wounds.

Dorn heals a wound.

So a very brutal game but a good laugh.

Edited by Rabidbunneh

Had a brutal game today against an Ordo Reductor list. Was trying out Scoria in preparation for his model (and hopefully Arlatax) being available soon.

Xana Cybernetica:

- Scorpion King

- 2x Domini w/power axe, machinator array, augury scanner

- 2x3 Castellax w/darkfire, siege wrecker, targeters, frags

- 2x2 Arlatax w/claw+arc flail

- 6x Vorax, bio rounds, frags

- Thanatar w/targeters

Reductor Matrix of Ruin:

- Arch-Reductor w/paragon blade, chainfist, plasma pistol, rad grenades, machinator array, abeyant, familiar, 4x cyber-occulari

- Dominus w/power axe, machinator array, familiar

- 3x Thallax, photon thruster

- 6x Thallax, chainblades, Ferrox

- 2x3 Castellax w/darkfire, targeters

- 2x Krios Venator

- 2x2 Medusa Siege Battery, Machine Spirit, heavy bolter

- Paragon Cynis Thanatar w/targeters

Mission was Onslaught, so as per usual I ignored trying to cap objectives (although still trying to keep the Reductor scoring units off the one I had to defend).

Cybernetica Turn 1:

- Castellax maniples advance, one Arlatax maniple peels off to deal with the Cynis Infiltrating behind my lines (Reductor rolled Master of Ambush for his Warlord trait). Thanatar is already in range of the Medusa batteries, so it stays still. Second Arlatax maniple moves up to kill 3-man Thallax squad lurking near my frontlines. Scoria and Vorax are Outflanking.

- After casting 'Rite of Destruction' on the Thanatar, manage to wreck one of the Medusas with its double shot. Castellax shooting doesn't do much, strips a Hull Point off one Medusa. Arlatax shred the Cynis with shooting and their charge, consolidate back up the right flank. Second Arlatax maniple kill two Thallax in melee but the last survivor clings on with one wound.

Reductor Turn 1:

- Arch-Reductor moves up to get a charge on the Arlatax embattled on my right flank, as do the Ferrox Thallax squad. Medusas move up to get in range of my Castellax, Krios Venator squadron pushes up to take aim at the Thanatar. Reductor Castellax hold position as they have range on everything.

- Medusas and Reductor Castellax manage to take down a Castellax from the right side maniple, ding up the left side maniple as well. Krios Venators take aim and do two wounds to the Thanatar. Arch-Reductor fails his charge, but the Ferrox get in. The engaged Arlatax maniple finish off the last survivor of the first Thallax squad, and kill one of the newcomers. They proceed to deal one wound to the Arlatax they are engaged with.

Cybernetica Turn 2:

- Scoria and Vorax failed to come on. Both Castellax units shuffle healthier robots to the front, advancing all the same. The unengaged Arlatax move up and find they are out of charge range, so they elect to Run. Thanatar can't fire, so it moves out of Line of Sight from the Krios Venators. I heal a few wounds with 'Rite of Eternity'.

- Shooting is mostly uneventful, darkfire plinks off the Medusas. In melee, the Arlatax continue to slaughter the Ferrox, but they hold with two left.

Reductor Turn 2:

-  Krios Venators shift position to centre of enemy DZ, to draw a bead on my Castellax. Medusas stay put as they have range already, as do Reductor Castellax.

- Shooting tears down another Castellax, this time from the left side maniple. In melee, Arch-Reductor makes his charge and kills both Arlatax after surviving their flails (rad grenades and chainfist end them with a failed save apiece, I actually rolled insanely well for melee invuls). Arch-Reductor consolidates along with the surviving two Ferrox Thallax.

Cybernetica Turn 3: 

- Scoria and Vorax finally turn up, and then promptly lose three Vorax to Interceptor shots from the Medusas and Reductor Castellax. Cyber-Occulari really are so strong as a hard counter to Reserves. My Castellax maniples continue their push up, the two Domini heal up some more wounds with 'Eternity'. Arlatax bypass Arch-Reductor, flying past him to land near the Krios Venator squadron and within easy Cybertheurgy range of Scoria. He casts 'Rite of the Beast' on them successfully.

- Bio-rounds and lightning gun fire from the Vorax claim one of the Reductor Castellax on the right flank. Thanatar opens up again with a single shot, and immobilises one of the Medusas. Darkfire continues to chip away hull points but otherwise does little, I do manage to Blind the left flank Reductor Castellax maniple however. Arlatax make their charge and tear both Krios Venators to shreds, consolidating 6 away from the Arch-Reductor. 

Reductor Turn 3:

- Arch-Reductor moves up for a charge on the Arlatax, while the Thallax head towards my objective to claim it. One of the surviving Medusas does the same, trundling up the battlefield to draw fire. The 2-strong Reductor Castellax maniple on the right flank collapses back towards the centre of their DZ, avoiding Scoria and his Vorax.

- Shooting chips a few more wounds off the Castellax. The Thallax roll high on their lightning guns, getting a Rend onto the Thanatar (putting it on 1 wound). Reductor Castellax unload into Scoria's unit and drill down another Vorax, leaving only two functional still. He passes the Blind test easily. Arch-Reductor charges and slays both Arlatax again, consolidating back towards Scoria.

Cybernetica Turn 4:

- Scoria and Vorax move up to deal with the Arch-Reductor, who after taking various wounds from previous fights is only on 2 wounds. Castellax advance to try and intercept the Medusa trying to get to the objective in my DZ. Thanatar moves up to deal with the Ferrox Thallax.

- As a bit of an anti-climax, the Arch-Reductor falls to a barrage of bio-rounds from the Vorax, forestalling a challenge from Scoria. We played out the challenge anyway, and the Vodian Sceptre just annihilates the Reductor priest anyway. The right side Castellax maniple successfully charges and destroys the Medusa, consolidating forwards again. Left side maniple tries to shoot the left flank Reductor Castellax, and scores a wound but they pass the Blind test. Thanatar gets 'Rite of Destruction', cuts down one Thallax with his mauler cannon before killing the last one in melee, consolidating 3 towards the Reductor lines.

Reductor Turn 4:

- The remaining two Medusas pivot to unload on Scoria and his two surviving Vorax, as the Reductor Castellax continue to back away. 

- Shooting nukes the remaining two Vorax but Scoria emerges unscathed. 

Cybernetica Turn 5:

- Thanatar runs as it cannot shoot, Castellax continue to advance and take shots at the Medusas. Scoria moves in for the kill on the 2-strong Reductor Castellax maniple.

- Scoria tears apart the Reductor Castellax, consolidating into point blank range of the Medusas.

Reductor Turn 5:

- Medusas shift back, the last Reductor Castellax maniple hop down from their sniping perch in a building to charge Scoria. 

- Shooting deals no wounds to Scoria, but he fails his Blind test. In melee, the Castellax whiff at wounding the Xanite priest, while he challenges the Reductor Dominus. Both whiff their rolls, Scoria only causing 3 wounds which get saved by the 4+ invul on the Dominus.

Cybernetica Turn 6:

- Scoria continues to be Blind. Thanatar lobs a shot into the last Medusa, Castellax darkfire strip the last hull point off leaving a wreck. 

- Reductor Dominus and Castellax continue to smack Scoria around, but his T6, 3+ invul and 5+ FNP just shrug off all their damage

Reductor Turn 6:

- Scoria is finally no longer Blind, and proceeds to murder the Reductor Dominus along with one Reductor Castellax. 

We call game here, as the mission only runs 6 turns.

"If anarchis scoria is the armys warlord, then all cybernetica cortex-equipped models in the same detachment as him have the following special rules applied

-They may make sweeping advance and run moves contrary to the normal rules for such units."

Who are they in this context? The cybernetica equipped units. What are the normal rules for such units? That they can't sweep or run outside the Cortex controller range. The second bit, where they have to go towards the nearest enemy reinforces that it's about being outside of Cortex controller range.

It's not a huge deal, I don't normally need to Run Thanatars anyway. Short table edge deployment caught me out.

Next game I'm gonna try out Satarael, his djinn-skein buffing Vorax will be quite handy (everything else is BS5 or doesn't care). Might try chucking the Arlatax in Deepstrike and landing them near him on Turn 2 (assuming I pass a 2+ Reserve roll..which means probably 50/50). Will be taking two cyber-skulls as well.

• 1 month later...

Hello fellow Magi

I am once again working on my various Mechanicum units and am preparing the ETL and I need some advice on equipment choices, specifically for the HQ.

I have several conversion concepts I am playing around with but I am having trouble working out what equipment and options I should pick so as to work out the final build for these conversions and gather the parts.

Ideally I want to have the following HQ:

A Magos/Archmagos that can keep up with (and join) Thallax and lead a force consisting mainly of Thallax and Ursarx in the 1500p to 2000p range.

A Magos/Archmagos Reductor in a Ordo Reductor list with some Thallax troop, maybe some Thralls and then mostly tanks.

A Archmagos Dominus and one or two normal Dominus to lead a force of all my robots and whatever support is required. My understanding is that Dominus are often fairly basic as they spend most of the time Cyberthurgying robots, that said what is useful to equip them with.

Lastly I am planning an Archmagos for all of my combined Mechanicum stuff for the really big games that looks something like this:

Archmagos Prime Myrmidax, Cyber-familiar, Cortex Controller, Power Fist, Master Crafted Pargon Blade, 2 Phased Plasma-Fusile, Machinator Array, Abynet, Djin-skein

Any suggestions changes or recommendation for this guy?

For reference I have built:

15 Thallax (including 2 Plasma, 1 Photon, 1 Irad, 1 Multimelta)

9 Ursarax (3 Power Fists)

And unbuilt:

Conversion Medusa Artillery Tank (almost finished)

3 Vorax (almost finished)

3 Castellax

2 Castellax with Multimelta

2 Castellax with Darkfire

Thanatar

Domitar

Iron-circle Domitar (I like the look, I doubt I will ever field it as I have no Iron Hands)