WarriorFish

The entrants list is now up to date, well until I add my completion that is msn-wink.gif Well done for the last push comrades! Great to see, especially with some new members completing their first - and last - Regiments challenge! In particular you Shizu for finally getting that completion in smile.png I'm rather fond of white and black schemes too.

Very nice colours grey, brown shades have never been something I could be satisfied with so it's nice to see you have it down. Same for Wulfgar's colours topped off with some nice weathering - not too little and not too much. Have you done a write up for your Chimera that I've missed as it seems to not be registered?

Have you been losing hours to MGSV:TPP too nismo? I like the write up thumbsup.gif Really makes me want to make a priest and get stuck into my Scion box but I have other models that must be attended to first - not least my Heroes of the Guard one! laugh.png Good to see you finishing your vow off baz, that puts you as one of the few highest of rank...

About 15 minutes left, don't think I've ever cut it this fine before - will I be the last ever Regiments vow?

gallery_30308_10604_29055.jpg

Lieutenant Renji

Hidden Content
Most officers are born and raised in a noble house on Arukan, trained from birth to lead Guardsmen in war but the door is always open for the adoption of talent. Renji is the son of one such soldier, his mother was the celebrated Lady Commander Aki who's mastery of strategy was pivotal in more than one heroic victory. While the Arukani may not consider anyone lesser for their non-noble ancestry his parentage has put an expectation of excellence upon him that Renji is keen to uphold.

So far he has done just that; following orders dutifully as expected but showing a flair for inventiveness when required. High Command notes that this is the same decisive action his mother was famous for, so while he currently only leads a Platoon into battle most expect his career to go far. Once he gains suitable experience of course, for the young are often impetous and do well to tutor under the auspices of wiser heads. In this Renji is most fortunate to find himself under the command of Lord Commander Firionel, though it is claimed this is no accident for long ago a young up and coming Platoon commander just like Renji was supposedly once saved by Lady Commander Aki in her final and arguably greatest of victories...

Still time for that quick completion for those remaining! I will be processing the promotions later, possibly Sunday. As I mentioned before this promotion ceremony is a bit special - aside from being the last - so keep an eye out for a new and improved ceremony ;)

med_gallery_83709_10451_104540.jpg

Gideon Goldtooth

Helheim, the second planet orbiting the star Heim, takes after its name with no irony. The world is wracked with devastating gravity pits, rad storms, and many other natural phenomena that can end one’s life early. Early settlers came to the planet hopeful of finding mineral wealth and they did, though it cost many lives. The true value of the planet would not be known for millennia.

When Explorator Fleets came across the Heim system shortly after annexing the Triedes Sector, they found Helheim rife with all manner of living organisms. Research and exploration is still underway on the planet but already two of its major exports are metals and abhumans. Instead of using the giant humanoids, or Ogryns, as forced labour, they are instead given to the Departo Munitorum for use as elite shock troops.

During routine testing on a batch of Ogryns, the Munitorum found one specimen to be highly intellectual. What was holding him back from expressing his mental prowess, they posited, was his limited brain. It was decided that he would be the proud recipient of experimental brain surgery that would allow him to function close to the human standard. Thus, Gideon Goldtooth was born.

His story is yet to be written because no one knows where to start. His list of accomplishments is long and he was pivotal in the Second War for Unification of the Drowned Planets as he held back wave after wave of mutated zombies with nothing but his automatic shotgun (a Ripper Gun named Ingrid) his bayonet, and a boxful of cigars. Surely more heroics will bear his name into abhuman fame.

med_gallery_83709_10451_41237.jpg

Forest Spirit

In the 93rd Ostheim Regiment, Chimeras are utilized in battle for their protection and speed at which they can bring a commander about the war zone. Many have served the regiment well in all theatres of war, including during their last engagement in the Unification of the Drowned Planets campaign. There is one Chimera that seems to continually set itself apart from the rest of the motor pool- Forest Spirit.

Sometime around five hundred years ago, a lowly Chimera was berthed in the Heim System. It was no different from hundreds others in shape or design but it had within it something special; a destiny, perhaps. It is not known where Forest Spirit’s first engagement was exactly, but many tech-priests serving with the 93rd have claimed it to be a heavily forested area due to microscopic paint residue signatures found upon its hull. It still favours being painted in those colours as its Machine Spirit acts up whenever another form of camouflage is applied. Thus, Forest Spirit is ever shrouded under the eaves of its baptism of fire, ever wanting to be amongst the trees.

During its five hundred years of service, the Chimera in question has seen it all and has been a part of history. Its most recent tenure was with the abhumans attached to the 7th Company “Timber Wolves” during the Second War for Unification of the Drowned Planets where it stood proudly on the burning sands, an oasis for all fighting men.

HAHAHAHA TAKE THAT DARK GODS!

Excuse me: that's actually exactly what I meant happy.png!

I've been lurking as usual watching progress, I've not had the time to participate but I've enjoyed seeing everyone's work! Well done to all, I've seen a lot of neat paintjobs and colour schemes coming in too :)

It's over, the crusade is won. How long has it been since we first stepped on those transports? Must be a couple of years? Is that all? Feels like more. You can see it in the faces of those of us that made it, we'll not forget it. A lot of us came but not many are coming back, we lost a lot a good warriors. They sit beside the Emperor now the priest says. I can see Commissar elmo marching along the lines barking orders at the men as if we're still at war. Still wants us cleaned up and fighting ready at a moment's notice. I suppose for the commissariat the fight never ends? It doesn't matter any more, we're going home.

I've no idea where the Lord Commissar is. Probably with High Command, can't say I'm sorry. That single unblinking eye bores into your soul, I've never known a single look say the same thing in so many ways. Hard to explain if you weren't here. It doesn't matter now. We're coming home. By the time you read this I reckon we'll already be warp-bound and on our way. Looking forward to demob - though the commissariat is keen to "encourage" us to stay on as a Veteran company. Say there's more glory to be won, but won't give any detail on what that is exactly. Not that they ever did before, half the time we were up and fighting before we even know where we were going.

Some of the troops were talking about signing up, I think it might be worth it. The God-Emperor needs us, Commissar elmo says, like never before. Xenos, mutants and heretics are everywhere and he said we do some damned fine killing. He said that once you're a Guardsman ain't nothing else matter no more. I wonder he might be right, I've been promoted and what use is a rank outside of the Guard? We're all coming home first. Afterwards... suppose we'll see what the Emperor has in store for us.

Heroes of the Guard and by extension Regiments of the B&C is now over. Thank you for participating! Keep an eye out for the promotion ceremony and, in time, the new barracks event smile.png

This was real

Have you been losing hours to MGSV:TPP too nismo? I like the write up thumbsup.gif Really makes me want to make a priest and get stuck into my Scion box but I have other models that must be attended to first - not least my Heroes of the Guard one! laugh.png

Thanks for the kind words :) I had a lot of fun with these challenges, really cool event to participate in.

As for MGS, I haven't had much time to play it lately. I need to dig back into it. My troopers have a pretty big MSG influence on them. I tried to copy the MGS3 'fire camo' uniform (red with black/grey camo striping).

The promotion ceremony will take a bit of time, there's a lot to process but you'll see why when the presentation starts. The commissariat expects to see lots of updated sigs afterwards msn-wink.gif

The replacement event to Regiments is still in the development stage so don't expect any news on that for a while. It will be different to how Regiments worked, further than that I can't say. That's as much because it's being worked on as keeping it a surprise tongue.png

In the "Marches End" taverna, a high class drinking and relaxation establishment run by Mademoiselle de'Vallie, Commissar elmo sat nursing a well deserved amesec. Closing his eyes, he inhaled the sharp but pleasant vapours from the balloon glass before taking a sip and allowing the full glory of the taste to be absorbed before swallowing. It had been a long, hard campaign but the Guard had prevailed and the enemy was in full retreat. He felt like he deserved a little pleasure before The Emperor sent him on his next mission.

Commissar elmo heard the scrape of a chair being dragged up to his table and on opening his eyes and looking up saw Lord Commissar WarriorFish. "May I join you Commissar?" Elmo gave a half smile and nodded to the empty chair.

Removing his cap and placing it on the table, the Lord Commissar sat with a thankful sigh. Mademoiselle de'Vallie, with the grace and knowledge which made her establishment so well liked by the Commissariat, approached with another glass and the amesec decanter and poured WarriorFish a generous measure. They sat in silence for a few moments, relaxing in the knowledge of a job well done in the service of the Imperium.

"What now?" said elmo gently, not wishing to break the mood. 

"More amesec, rest and new campaigns. You know the score. The Commissariat is never at peace." WarriorFish replied sardonically.

"The troops did well. A few where left at the wayside as it will always be. Some will want to demob, some will want to serve on. The Emperor Expects!"

WarriorFish grunted. Raising his glass he said "Here is to new campaigns, new battles and the glory of the Imperium of Man!"

"The Regiment, The Imperium, The Emperor!" replied elmo raising his glass and they both drank deeply.

WarriorFish began to sing softly under his breath and after a moment elmo joined in...

Through the Warp, to near and far,
To Tallarn, Lethe and Ultramar,
The Emperor points and we obey,
Through the Warp and far away...

Welcome all to the 5th and final Regiments of the Bolter and Chainsword Promotion Ceremony! Today we offer recognition to those brave souls who took up the challenge and won for the glory of Emperor and regiment. Their deeds will reverberate across the stars!

As I mentioned before this promotion ceremony is a bit special, not just because it's the last. The awards ceremony is long enough, not least because of so many vows across every one of the Regiments challenges! All these shiny ribbons are starting to take up space on signatures too, so the commissariat in its infinite wisdom decided something need to be done. There needs to be plenty of signature space saved for future ETL and Guard event banners after all!

With collaboration from friends in the Adeptus Mechanicus a new and improved rank and medal system has been implemented. One image to contain all! As such the following is an awards ceremony for each and every comrade who has successfully earned a Regiments medal and rank. Congratulations once again to all, I hope to see your new signatures soon thumbsup.gif

Regiments of the B&C Medals
Full Ribbons
You may generate your awards banner in more than one way; either with Imperial or Chaos symbols and with or without your overall Regiments rank ribbon. To do so simply edit the following link and visit it in a browser to be prompted to download your medals. These completely replace all previous medal and rank bars and ribbons, the commissariat recommends uploading them to your B&C gallery for use. Here are two examples with myself as the member:

For the rank included:

http://regiments.thefortressmonastery.com/medals/30308/imperial/rank

For a Chaos version without the rank:

http://regiments.thefortressmonastery.com/medals/30308/chaos

Key:

30308: this is your member number, you can find it by visiting your profile and taking your number from that link (.../user/30308-warriorfish/)

imperial OR chaos: enter which type of medal you'd like (.../medals/30308/imperial)

As in the examples here is my full Imperial rank ribbon and the Chaos rankless ribbon:

gallery_30308_3239_17729.png gallery_30308_9518_14395.png

Got any suggestions, or is there a mistake on your record? Let me know! For those that might want to see the stand alone Heroes of the Guard medals and for old time's sake (also everyone earned Sergeant...) here they are:

gallery_30308_9518_6104.pnggallery_30308_9518_3283.pnggallery_30308_9518_6356.png

Last but not least the Parade of Honour is waiting for your completed vows to be posted msn-wink.gif I'll be adding mine shortly smile.png

Well, I know one Regimental Priest who's a happy Major happy.png!

Much thanks to the Lord Commissar WarriorFish, or, as he's better known, the Lord Commissar, and Commissar elmo for letting us attain rank from our lowly stations in life.

Now where's that Pvt Carl?

It wasn't, you can check the OP to see the completion lists :) People should be checking it anyway to make sure nothing has been missed ;)

We may have missed the 100% but that's not to say accomplishments weren't made. One for All, Treads and Thrusters and Big Guns Never Tire all got a 100% completion rate of their own which is great! Almost all at full Sergeant too (depending if I missed Wulfgar's Treads and Thruster's model piece that would be all!). Plus Heroes of the Guard may not have reached 100%, but the 65% who did complete did so to the full Sergeant rank :D

Archived