WarriorFish

GW washes aren't nicknamed Liquid Talent for nothing. Agrax, Seraphim and Nuln are personal favourites of mine. I really like the wrapping around the lasgun, Guilloom, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your regiment in that drab colour scheme! :D

Oil paints also make great washes. Nice, rich shadows.

Also, I'm finally ready to make my vow. I, CoffeeGrunt, do hereby pledge to paint one Type-14 'Strigoi' Ion Mortar - counts-as Gryphon - for the Heroes of the Guard challenge. In success I will bring glory to the Greater Good. In failure, only shameful defeat.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/WP_20150923_19_15_06_Pro.jpg

Well done Sviar, that puts you at the undisclosed top ranks - don't forget the write ups for the full rank thumbsup.gif

Thankssmile.png

All donecool.png

I have for a long time thought that I should re-write my world and make a full mining world instaed, if I find the time I do so. But for now I have added the story for the modell and the historystory about the Sviar worlds.

Huzzah! Well done Sviar with this you will achieve the highest rank! :D You'll have to wait to find out what it is though ;)

For those wondering about their sig space filling up with all their glorious Regiments completions fear not for the commissariat is working with the Adeptus Mechanicus to create a neat solution...

You've got me, WarriorFish. I'll get my vow up once I get home.

I got lost on the way :teehee:

I, Dosjetka, do hereby vow to complete an Imperial Commissar from Codex: Astra Militarum for the Regiments of the B&C Heroes of the Guard challenge by the 9th October for the honour of [insert regiment name], Holy Terra and the B&C.

You start on Sunday - this Commissar has finished today msn-wink.gif

Astra Ministorum

"There are those who raise their voices in anguish and sorrow for the plight of Mankind.

Such faithless folk wail of an end to all days, of a final damnation for us all.

I say to you, these fools are wrong!

Liars, I name them, heretics and sayers of doom.

Listen not to such heathens my brothers, for those are glorious days.

Rejoice, for all may stand and fight for a truly righteous cause and any man

- no matter how humble -

can earn everlasting glory through martyrdom in the Emperor's sight."

Confessor Huldwyn prior to the Battle of Ridge 582 North

http://orig03.deviantart.net/9723/f/2015/268/2/8/confessor_huldwyn_by_elmo9141-d9auj7o.jpg

Confessor Huldwyn

711th Company Command (attached)

Confessor Huldwyn is attached to the Company Command of the 711th Cadian Combined Arms Brigade and as such he is responsible for the spiritual well being of the senior officers tasked with destroying the enemies of The Emperor. He acts as a confessor, priest and advisor, and takes to the field of battle carrying a banner on which he has painstakingly written notable phrases from the Imperial Creed.

http://orig00.deviantart.net/bfac/f/2015/268/8/e/ayatani_bron_by_elmo9141-d9auh5n.jpg

Ayatani Bron

897th Infantry Company (attached)

Ayatani Bron is an imhava ayatani - a roaming priest, attached to the 897th Infantry Company, 711th Cadian Combined Arms Brigade.

He is a soft spoken messenger of the Imperial Truth and, along with his age, this can lead new members of his ministry to believe that he is just a pulpit preacher. This impression, however, is soon dispelled when the 897th go into combat. Bron becomes a figure of stony belief in The Emperor. He has been known to stand in sight of the enemy, heretic or Xenos, with his Imperial standard held high and his bolt pistol blazing at the enemy whilst shouting verses of the Lectitio Divinitatus.

http://orig11.deviantart.net/c801/f/2015/268/5/f/father_dradus_by_elmo9141-d9auka8.jpg

Father Dradus

975th Armoured Battalion (attached)

Father Dradus is attached to the 975th Armoured Battalion, 711th Cadian Combined Arms Brigade. As a junior priest he decided that men who talk heresy are doomed and in his own logic, the best way to stop this from happening was to prevent men from being able to spout heresy. One evening, other members of the Astra Ministorum thought they heard quiet sobbing and grunts of pain but dismissed it as a ritual flogging of a priest who had made a minor transgression. It was only in the morning, when Dradus attended service that they saw the cause of the disturbance during the night. Father Dradus had used industrial grade staples to permanently seal his lips shut. Some thought this would end his usefulness as a priest of the Astra Ministorum but Dradus was sent to the 975th Armoured Battalion where, due to the extreme noise levels caused by the Leman Russ main battle tanks, normal speech could not be heard. Through sign language, commonly used in the noisy environment, he exhorts his congregation into great feats of bravery.

http://orig06.deviantart.net/e425/f/2015/268/e/e/preacher_thur_by_elmo9141-d9aunyx.jpg

Preacher Thur

2051st Kasrkin (attached)

Preacher Thur is attached to the 2051st Kasrkin, 711th Cadian Combined Arms Brigade. As Kasrkin are renowned as being true soldiers of The Imperium of Man and hold their faith in The God Emperor as unbreakable, Preacher Thur finds that his normal priestly duties are seldom required. What has earned Preacher Thur the respect of the Kasrkin is not his sermons or his devout belief, it is his two handed Eviscerator "Glory" and the courage he shows whilst charging the enemy which has impressed the even the stoic Kasrkin.

I have also updated my 711th Fluff thread under the HQ post.

I'm ready to submit my vows. I Nismogrendel hereby pledge to complete both Heroes of the Guard and Blood and Glory. Failure to complete this vow will result in public shaming followed by a swift summary execution by the commisariat. I'm still writing the fluff for these guys, but I have it almost all the way ironed out in my head.

I need to clean up a few mold lines I missed and then it's priming time!

First up - Heroes of the Guard

Father Heich
Ministorum priest

med_gallery_85038_11344_1133519.jpg

med_gallery_85038_11344_484536.jpg

Next up, for Blood and Glory. Trooper Kearns - Scion with hotshot volley gun.
med_gallery_85038_11345_332082.jpg

Here is my background. I have finished painting my wyvern and heavy flamer guy just need to post them up. So to post a pic I have to host it on another site and link it? Is there any way to post directly to bolterandchainsword?

Spc Vaskin 
“Vaskin up front!” Shouted Sergeant Makarov, “Now!”
Vaskin pushed past his fellow soldiers and ignited the pilot light on his heavy flamer. He raced up to the front, crouching low to keep to the cover of the ruined church they were defending. The sergeant was pointing to the doorway and signalled to open fire. Finger on the trigger he placed the heavy flamer out of the doorway and opened up. He saw his targets, cultists, their malformed faces leering at his as they rushed towards the church. A second later his heavy flamer roared and they were incinerated.  Vaskin grinned at the sight of the unfaithful burning.

Spc Vaskin is a member of the close combat veteran squad formed by Sergeant Makarov. They are tasked with clearing buildings and convoy protection, often going into the thick of any combat. They push back enemy assaults and have turned the tide of the battle many times. Each member has fought in the infantry and has proved himself many times over. Vaskin while not particularly large is a brute in combat and his heavy flamer has claimed the lives of many enemies. 

Wyvern
“Requesting fire support! We have heavy enemy contact! Sustained fire! Danger Close! Grid location as follows...”
Loader Ludovsky relayed the firing solution to Chemenkov. He rapidly plugged the numbers into the display console. The machine spirit grumbled at the haste at which he did it. The four barrels of the storm shard mortars raised in unison. Their barrels aligned to the correct firing solution. Chemenkov fired one volley and waited.
The vox crackled “On target! Open up!” 
Ludovsky nodded to Chemenkov.
The wyvern opened up with devastating power. The ammunition counter clocked down with each telltale boom from the stormshard mortars. The barrels steamed in the cold air and the counter clicked to zero. 
“Target eliminated”

The wyvern since its inclusion in the 728th has proved its worth time and time again. Whether by destroying the light transports of dark eldar or cutting swathes through hordes of orks, the wyvern it has been a valuable asset. 

Background

The 728th was formed on Sibernov, an icy and harsh planet. Sibernov is known for its factories and armoured companies. No soldier wants to fight in the freezing weather of the planet and the armoured companies offer protection against these harsh elements. Combine the freezing conditions and the high mortality rate of the infantry and every man of Sibernov wants to join an Armoured Company. Demand for these positions is at a premium and even the best and brightest of Sibernov struggle to join the armoured companies. Nobility is given first pick of placement and the average man has to either be extremely lucky or know the right people.  Rivalry between companies is fierce and there is constant competition on and off the battle field. Each company is responsible for recruiting their own tank crew and favours and equipment are swapped between companies for the best tank crew. 

The origins of the success of the 728th lie in their current commander Medvetov. Originally the 728th was an embarrassment to the guard. Though well equipped they suffered immense casualties through mismanagement and were on the edge of being disbanded. Medvetov was assigned to the 728th as a punishment after their current commander was executed for dereliction of duty. He was given command of the Armoured Fist and was expected to die with the last of the 728th, fighting against a chaos incursion on Valusia.

Through superior handling of his Russ and coordination of his fellow tank commanders he managed to destroy the chaos heavy armour sent against the imperial lines. He broke the back of the chaos push and then began the real work. What followed was a brutal armoured assault through the streets and ruins of the hive. Under heavy fire from heretics and wave attacks from mutants he forced a wedge through the chaos lines and cleansed the streets of those standing against the Imperium. He broke through the lines and relieved the beleaguered 328th Valusian infantry.  He used the support of the 328th and destroyed the chaos forces in a classic pincer move between his forces and the advancing imperial lines. 

The 728th Armoured Fist is a potent fighting force. Shipped from planet to planet they punch through heavily defended enemy defences. They break stalemates and batter their foes into submission truly epitomising the spirit of being the hammer of the Imperium. So successful have the campaigns been that the original force comprised of a solid core of leman Russ variants has been backed up by a veteran mechanised company, a vendetta and even two super heavies all originating from Sibernov of course. They are deployed to the most dangerous battlefields with only admantium plates and quick thinking to save them from the foes of the Imperium. 

With each deployment they repaint their vehicles and respray their flak armour to match the planet they are being sent to. Each soldier is issued with multipurpose grey fatigues and the Sibernov pattern lasgun. They acclimatise to the planet they are being deployed to during transit. Their current deployment has seen them sent to the desert world of Atrax. Dust storms have made air support difficult at best and orbital support impossible. The 728th are key to winning this campaign but it will not be a short deployment. 

I hereby pledge to paint Sister Aurora (Sergeant, Codex Astra Militarum) for the Heroes of the Guard challenge:

Is that a mix of Viktoria minis, SoB and an IG torso? I wish GW made female guards so I could mix them up with my Cadians.

Looks like the Statuesque Minis head there, they're apparently very good.

Ion Mortar is coming along nicely. Just the tidy-up phase left on the base coat before I gloss and wash it! :)

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/WP_20150926_04_27_05_Pro.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/WP_20150926_04_27_20_Pro.jpg

Here is my background. I have finished painting my wyvern and heavy flamer guy just need to post them up. So to post a pic I have to host it on another site and link it? Is there any way to post directly to bolterandchainsword?

Very nice reads there grey, as you pictures you can create a gallery on the B&C by going to your profile (top left of the page). The instructions are pretty straight forward but PM me if you need help, alternatively you can let me know the image locations and I can make sure they're posted thumbsup.gif

Good to see you taking part Simon, don't forget the additional clause that lets you repeat any previous Regiments event you missed or failed if you've a suitable model. Keep up the good work Coffee, your speed is impressive thumbsup.gif

Is that a mix of Viktoria minis, SoB and an IG torso? I wish GW made female guards so I could mix them up with my Cadians.

As CoffeGrunt said, they are from Statuesque Miniatures. They have several female heroic heads, such as http://statuesqueminiatures.mobile034.com/p/8774376/sma012-heroic-scale-female-heads.html.

Here are some other places for buying female heads:

BlackCatBases
HassleFreeMiniatures
VictoriaMiniatures

Basicks

ChapterHouseStudios

BrotherVinnis

GW (Wyches)

Looks like the Statuesque Minis head there, they're apparently very good.

As CoffeGrunt said, they are from Statuesque Miniatures.

Thanks and I concur, they are the best looking heads together with the Wynches.

@ Simon; Thanks you for the reply and for taking the time to gather some links for me, I really appreciate it. After carefully looking through the links I found the Statuesque minis to be in my opinion one of the the best sculpted. Next time when I put together some guards there are going to be a lot of females to make up for the huge ammount of men that I have accumulated over the yearssmile.png.

Brothers and sisters! I have returned from a most arduous series of battles and journeys, preventing me from taking part in this event, but I stand before you today triumphant! I hereby pledge Trooper Haytham Abdul-Aziz for the Heroes of the Guard challenge:

http://i.imgur.com/qpITGKp.jpg

And PFC Ahmed Saadeh for the Blood and Glory challenge:

gallery_86632_11195_12413.jpg

Ave Imperator!

Archived