IO - The Mechanicum Abyssii

Talonair

I've decided to increase the strength of the Omnissian greataxe used by the Myrmidon Custos at the expense of increasing their points cost. I wanted to differentiate the axes from 'just' a Two-handed MC power axe, and the mechanic of 'Lose all but one attack to make one S8 attack' seems to be emerging more and more in GW and FW publications. What do people think of the change? (For reference, the Strength of the weapon has changed, normal attacks are now at +2 strength, whilst the decapitation strike is now X2 strength)

On the topic of Myrmidons, I had a thought for the 'Rite of war' equivalent for the Mechanicum Abyssii; a Myrmidon War Covenant. Essentially, they can take Myrmidons as Troops, must fill their compulsory troops with Myrmidons etc etc. Anyone have any ideas for drawbacks and advantages for this army?

I'd like to leave it as an optional upgrade. Axes are very much more the signature weapon of the Mechanicum. I do wonder just how useful the halberd would be, however, given that the lack of Unwieldy would just mean they hit at I2 rather than I1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've started work on converting Mortera. I'm using St. Celestine minus her wings, halo, swords and various fleur de lis as a base, along with a Necron Wraith as the mechanical portion of her. The Celestine part will be essentially where the Wraith's 'head' should be, and will feature various mechadendrites where the normal Wraith arms go, along with some techy-looking bits on the back of the wraith

I've started work on converting Mortera. I'm using St. Celestine minus her wings, halo, swords and various fleur de lis as a base, along with a Necron Wraith as the mechanical portion of her. The Celestine part will be essentially where the Wraith's 'head' should be, and will feature various mechadendrites where the normal Wraith arms go, along with some techy-looking bits on the back of the wraith

Sounds awesome! Remember to post pics :wink:

So, the first Skitarii Decontaminators have been assembled! Currently numbering six, one being an Alpha, they are unpainted, but I'd like feedback regardless http://imgur.com/gallery/jME7Z

For those interested, this six man squad would cost 115pts (60 for the unit, 10 for an extra Skitarii, 10 for Rad Grenades, 15 for the rad-cleanser, 10 for the Lucifex, and 10 for the power weapon)

Work is progressing on Mortera, albeit slowly. Right now she's in two big parts; St. Celestine sans wings, sword, birbs and various Fleur de Lis, and the other part is a Necron Wraith body, currently mounting a rad-cleanser on an arm to the side. I've made her first disruption fork (a taser goad on a long arm made from Wraith arms), and I've ordered the model I'm going to need to do much of the other parts. The model in question is none other than https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0034/6452/products/Nepharya-box-front_005b37ac-636f-4df7-8cac-f6e0b4f1f62c.jpg?v=1456425442 I will primarily be using the scythe and the various mech tentacles. I will probably end up using her 'halo' of vials, and may even use the legs, not sure yet

So, the first Skitarii Decontaminators have been assembled! Currently numbering six, one being an Alpha, they are unpainted, but I'd like feedback regardless http://imgur.com/gallery/jME7Z

For those interested, this six man squad would cost 115pts (60 for the unit, 10 for an extra Skitarii, 10 for Rad Grenades, 15 for the rad-cleanser, 10 for the Lucifex, and 10 for the power weapon)

Ooo Ooo Ooo! Where's that pickaxe from?

Looking good :)