+++Call of Chaos VIII+++

Captain Semper

Hidden Content

OK guys, I finished the first unit in my vow: the "Mud-loving vanilla Iron Warriors Chaos Lord with an Imperial Fists Deredeo dreadnought as decoration on its base."http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/1_zpsj1ihtkjc.jpg

It's no wonder us Iron Warriors are so damn paranoid when we are backstabbed at every occasion! :angry:

The unit was vowed here to take a jab at the Imperial Fists by denying them a deredeo. All it took was one dead Iron Warrior. A worthy sacrifice, especially for a son of Perturabo - won't you say?

@ Scion of Ferrus: Yes the idea is to also have "Medallion" style banners.

@ Augustus: I hereby name you Traitor of Traitors! That fact that you are still breathing means that the Gods of Chaos my still have plans for you... (beautiful work btw - that mud is fantastic).

ONLY TWO WEEKS LEFT!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE

gallery_27176_11278_155364.jpg

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@apparition: those are beautiful NL chosen. The gold especially. Did you use Vallejo Liguid Old Gold?

Thanks Augustus. Your Nightlords have been a great inspiration to me. I used Vallejo Game Colour Bright Bronze highlighted with Polished Gold and then washed with Agrax Earth Shade.

Doh .... just a few weeks left ... I'll probably fail, since i need to start work on Ang'grath and ran into unforeseen problems with skulltaker (at this point: i HATE metal modells >.<)

Tah, looks like I'll become a Khornette after all tongue.png

Please, don't give up yet. I find your work inspiring. wub.png

No worries, not all is lost yet :)

The Bloodreaver

Spa'curt'zah'acul, Herald of Khorne

It is said that this Daemon was one of many born after a huge slave rebellion during the ancient times of old Terra - a slaughter so great, it turned a river deep red. Although the slaves fought well, they were defeated, their leader slain by a mighty warlord, six thousand men crucified and countless more butchered. Indeed, it is believed that said battle created some of the first heralds of Khorne, Tzeentch and Nurgle - an early triumph for chaos in mankind's history ...

med_gallery_79873_10492_43681.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_75164.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_126399.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_109741.jpg

@ Augustus: I hereby name you Traitor of Traitors! That fact that you are still breathing means that the Gods of Chaos my still have plans for you... (beautiful work btw - that mud is fantastic).

MUHAHAHAHA. The VIII doesn't care for your pitiful plans.... 'God of Blood and Slaughter'... such gauche ambitions. We draw our own plans and forge our own destiny. Let the barbarians of the XII froth their rabid mouths at the end of your leash and follow you like the dogs they are. We fight on our own terms.

(Futile boasting aside, I want that title on a banner in my siggy somehow. I deserve to be made a spawn for failing my Chaotic brethren this call, and will bear the banner in my siggy. But I also will make this up to my brothers, and to the Blood God for the above slight, during ETLV) 

(because I still have at least a bloodthirster, over twenty khorne berzerkers, a contemptor and a Chaos Knight waiting for paint) ) 

I've just spent the past few hours converting up the Vindicator tank that I trade with Biohazard during the DWARF Winter War tournament. I will be adding green stuff to the Vindicator during my lunch hour tomorrow so it all ready to get painted during my days off. This will be join is Brother Vindicator I converted up back in 2012 & aim to try make a squad of these. So I think I'll add the third Vindicator during the ETL event next year.

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee412/JFmodel/Iron%20Warriors/DSC00015_zpshulctla1.jpg

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee412/JFmodel/Iron%20Warriors/DSC00020_zpsfhlor46n.jpg

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee412/JFmodel/Iron%20Warriors/DSC00022_zpsyxtbpm23.jpg

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee412/JFmodel/Iron%20Warriors/DSC00026_zpshawcgoey.jpg

Jaws part where inspired by the Slamander conversion I posted up in my army log after been that the Warhammer 40,000 open day event down in Nottingham, Warhammer World. They also need a bit of green stuff, but happy how they've turn out & just for the Forgefane unit I want to convert up during the Christmas holidays.

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee412/JFmodel/Iron%20Warriors/DSC00062_zps86mers5w.jpg

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee412/JFmodel/Iron%20Warriors/DSC00067_zps4ln0k2tf.jpg

Really fine work guys. Between real life, health issues, a new relationship and being sidetracked by plastic 30k marines , I'm not going to able to make it , so I'm going to bear the banner of shame. Going to make it up in the ETL this time, since I'm going to try and complete my Chaos horde :P

Keep them coming guys, seriously, it's not over until it's over!

Please note that this is the most successful CoC to date with more than 70 participants. However, by the last update only 15% had completed so far. So I expect to see things calumniating in these last two weeks!

Let's go - the Gods thirst for more!

DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR!

Been overseas a fair bit the last few months, I'll have to get the completed pictures up tonight and the whole vow shot so I'm not labeled with the Mark of the Lost.
Prepare for some glorious epic scale traitors in the next 6hrs!

My Raptors are completed;

23090238319_bac190fc19_z.jpgRaptorPack_CoCVIII by SurrealCruelty, on Flickr

And this ugly old metal model that I have had for almost 15 years...is prepped for painting and the completed Abaddon the Despoiler.

23375710951_6c39fbde29_z.jpgIMG_0987 by SurrealCruelty, on Flickr

22831073613_e4af2a152f_z.jpgAbaddon_2Painted by SurrealCruelty, on Flickr

His face is all messed up, probably from bouncing around in a bits box forever.

And I was about to start work on these guys, my 3 terminators...

23349723022_3e8a386d20_z.jpgTerminators_PrePaint by SurrealCruelty, on Flickr

...and then my can of primer ran dry.

Considering that I will not have the time to run to a hobby store and get more primer until this weekend, which leaves me about 7 days to paint 11 World Eaters.  Not going to call it a failure yet, but I am going see how I feel after I get more primer this weekend.

http://i.imgur.com/IQ7aBUQ.jpg

Here it is, boys. My final model. The giant chaos spawn. Built from a DV 'brute, I wanted to model to look like the Word Bearers had just riveted plates to its monstrous body to offer it meager protection as it goes and crashes into the enemy. With this model painted, I declare my vow fully complete. Glory to chaos.

The next is the ETL. It'll be next May-August. It's technically for everyone, bt Chaos is gonna win again so you may as well stay on the winning team :p.

Of course if you have a half *built* project keep an eye on the Chaos subforum in the New Year.

Dragonlover

The next is the ETL. It'll be next May-August. It's technically for everyone, bt Chaos is gonna win again so you may as well stay on the winning team :p.

Of course if you have a half *built* project keep an eye on the Chaos subforum in the New Year.

Dragonlover

kinda hope they add 30k traitor legions to realm of chaos. with all the new plastic models

Archived