+++Call of Chaos VIII+++

Captain Semper

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/Call_of_Chaos_8_Poster.jpg

+++THE EIGHTH CALL OF CHAOS HAS OFFICIALLY ENDED!+++

The 8th Call of Chaos has reached its conclusion! This was the most successful yet in terms of participation with 71 participants and a completion rate of 45%. Interestingly more than 50% of the completions were Warmasters of Chaos – that means that there is a lot of competition for the top job in the Eye! On the opposite side, the amount of spawns that join the ranks of the damned this year increased to 40 – the Gods are laughing at their predicament!!!

As is the case every year, it was tremendous fun to see all the effort put in this event, and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing all the diverse Chaos minis painted with such a commitment among various skill levels. I feel especially proud that the Chaos community is endorsing this event to make it truly their own! The most important thing for the Call is to give the opportunity for the frater to interact, steal ideas, discuss techniques and of course admire each others work.

I for one am very impressed that after the phenomenal performance in two ETLs as well as last year’s Call, the Chaos community is still finding inspiration to commit to such a high output. Now if recent rumors are anything to go by, we may see a new Codex coming out in early 2016, which will undoubtedly reinvigorate the appetite of veterans as well as attract new followers to the Chaos calling! Seems to me that 2016 will also be a year of Chaos!

The first page is updated to this point but please check that your entry is correctly depicted.

Now let’s see how the participants of the Call performed this year.

WARMASTER OF CHAOS

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/Call_of_Chaos_8_Banner_01f.jpg gallery_29004_10383_2014.png

Atia

Chaeron

Dragonlover

Dreadclaw

Fenrisulfur

Insane Phychopath

Killersquid

Kythnos

Leonite

Mard [EPIC scale]

Scourged

Sigma The Red

Thamier

Tremblant

Uveron

Warsnail2

LORD OF CHAOS

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/Call_of_Chaos_8_Banner_01e.jpg gallery_29004_10383_2033.png

Apparition

thedarkprincesnun

CHAMPION OF CHAOS

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/Call_of_Chaos_8_Banner_01d.jpg gallery_29004_10383_927.png

Mactire

Mandaloriano

Midnight Runner

ASPIRING CHAMPION

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/Call_of_Chaos_8_Banner_01c.jpg gallery_29004_10383_9517.png

Kierdale

lorgar17

Luther - the fallen

ShVagYeR

Tarvick

CHOSEN OF CHAOS

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/Call_of_Chaos_8_Banner_01b.jpg gallery_29004_10383_6245.png

Scion of Ferrus

Vinc

SERVANT OF CHAOS

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/Call_of_Chaos_8_Banner_01a.jpg gallery_29004_10383_3614.png

Lostrael

Paz

Warsmith Aznable

CHAOS SPAWN

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/Call_of_Chaos_8_Banner_02_Failed.jpg gallery_29004_10383_9315.png

1000 Sons

Aasfresser

Adra'Melek

Agraorth

Akylas

Anselneo

Augustus b'Raass

Bad Santa

Beachymike123

Biohazard

BlodVargarna

Brother Mayhem

Brother SP

Captain Sox

Carrack

ChaosRising

Dosjetka

Greg0985

Kobrakei

Kurama

Large and Moving Torb

Lokkorex

Lord Commander Eidolon

MindOfMetal

Nusphigor

oldschoolsoviet

Pariah Mk.231

Plains of War

Prot

RazakelXIII

Rhanald

Sartako

Sheesh Mode

Slave to Darkness

Surreal Cruelty

TerraZero20

The Psycho

Venomlust

warboss aidna0510

Wolf_Lord_Hardrada

So I hope you all enjoyed this, both the ones who completed all their vows and I look forward for next year’s event the 9th Call of Chaos that will be dedicated to Tzeentch!

Until then farewell!

Captain Semper

​Member of the Inner Circle

Master of Recruits

Chaos Spawn? I finished 3 units, the Sorcerer, Obliterator and 5 Thousand Sons (not half the Chaos marine unit as listed on the first page).

I thought that Spawn rank was if you failed to complete a single unit of your vow. Or am I mistaken and you have to complete everything, but the number of units in your vow determines which rank you receive?

Chaos Spawn? I finished 3 units, the Sorcerer, Obliterator and 5 Thousand Sons (not half the Chaos marine unit as listed on the first page).

I thought that Spawn rank was if you failed to complete a single unit of your vow. Or am I mistaken and you have to complete everything, but the number of units in your vow determines which rank you receive?

Nope, you only have one vow and you're responsible for the entire amount. Check out rule number 2 in the first page! ;)

Regardless, there is no rule you have to wear the badge if don't want too - it's all in the spirit of good fun.

Also, you've got Scion of Ferris down as a Spawn. His vow is complete, I posted the pic on his behalf. It's a terrible pic, but its there.

Dragonlover

You're right and I distinctly remember that I updated them too... weird. It'll be tremendous help if you could point the link so I can update the first page accordingly. in the mean time I will change the status here - from spawn to Chosen of Chaos. :)

Fair enough, the wording "Those who fail to complete even one of their pledged units will receive the dreaded and abhorred Mark of the Lost, which they have to wear until the next Call of Chaos!" made it seem like you only got the Spawn rank if you didn't complete anything at all.

Thanks again Captain Semper for another fantastic event. Delighted to have completed so much again for another year - and definitely looks rosy for the future. ETL, here we come...

Well done to everyone for their work and efforts - great to see such a spirit in our community.

I look forward for next year’s event the 9th Call of Chaos that will be dedicated to Tzeentch!

Me too oh Captain, my Captain!

And it's pretty fitting that this year was dedicated to Khorne, and next year to Tzeentch ;)^^

Great work everyone!

Thanks Captain Semper for another well-run event!  And congratulations to the champions of all ranks for their elevation into the good graces of Khorne and the other gods! I myself have turned into a foul SPAWN, but (and I've said this before):

I recognize my failure and will be sure to correct it...

in ETL V, where I will be rejoining the ranks of Chaos, and help achieve a Chaotic hat-trick!

Speaking of which:

*snip* I look forward for next year’s event the 9th Call of Chaos *snip* Until then farewell! 

Captain Semper

Does that mean you won't be running ETL V, Semper??? 

Just to add my thanks to those above, Capt. It's these things that keep the board active and encourages people like me to dip into other forums rather than just stick with my own faction, also thanks to CoC I've actually managed to finish off the Chaos side of the DV set. Next up the Call of Gork, and I might do something with the Stormclaw set biggrin.png .

So I hope you all enjoyed this, both the ones who completed all their vows and I look forward for next year’s event the 9th Call of Chaos that will be dedicated to Tzeentch!

Until then farewell! 

Captain Semper

​Member of the Inner Circle 

Master of Recruits

What?

Ow ow ow Lord Ahriman stop hitting me! How was I supposed to know? Ah! Not the Doombolt!

(Mind you... next year, there will be change... I still have two Sorcerers, one of Tzeentch, hopefully some Warp Talons, a couple of tanks, two yet to be finished Hellbrutes that need to essentially be repainted to match the Hallowed Word...)

Thank you very much for running CoC VIII, Captain Semper. It was very good seeing everyone's models and a relief not to end up as a spawn this year!

That next year's will be dedicated to Tzeentch is most fitting, what with Thousand Sons models coming next year from FW!

Thank you very much for running CoC VIII, Captain Semper. It was very good seeing everyone's models and a relief not to end up as a spawn this year!

That next year's will be dedicated to Tzeentch is most fitting, what with Thousand Sons models coming next year from FW!

;) FW aren't the only ones who will give us new goodies for next years Call :p

;) FW aren't the only ones who will give us new goodies for next years Call :p

Santa will too :P

Thank you Thamier!

I'm trying to make the medallion style badges too - bear with me and everything should be in place fairly soon.

Sorry, got distracted by shiny things again. I'll get on it.

Archived