Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

IV legion: The Void Eagles

• Please log in to reply
281 replies to this topic

Skalpynock

Skalpynock

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,390 posts

IV   Void Eagles

LEGIO IV - THE VOID EAGLES

The Brazen Flock, the Thousand Wings, the Sky-Walkers

Numeration: IVth Legion

Primogenitor: Yucahu Sumakutaa the Star-Born

Cognomen Prior: The Morning Stars

Observed Strategic Tendencies: Large-Scale Astral Warfare, Aerial Superiority, Saturation Warfare, Area Denial and Scorched Earth Operation

Noteworthy Domains: Coaban, Ekwesh II, Vernes, secondary recruitment rights on several other worlds among the Segmentum Tempestus.

Allegiance: Fidelitas Vacuæ

It is a common idea that many of the Traitor Legions fell from great heights on the day they met with their primarchs. The VIIth, the XIIIth, the XVIth all suffered from reunion with their sire. But none speaks of the Fourth, whose loyalty is to the Emperor, and yet fell the same. I remember the days of yore, where the Morning Stars would uphold human virtue at the tip of their swords, bearing the light of Pax Imperialis. Then I look at the Void Eagles, and the lifeless rocks they leave behind, and wonder how such men can still call themselves heralds of Mankind.
–Remembrancer historiale Arcturus Meyan, "From Unity to Insurrection: a comprehensive History of the Legiones Astartes", introduction to vol. V.

Origins: the Stars at Dawn:

Spoiler

The Star-Born

Hidden Content

[OLD FLUFF, KEPT FOR REFERENCE] Coaban:

Spoiler

Units and formations within the Legion:
Spoiler

Those who gaze into the deep
Spoiler

Edited by Skalpynock, 24 October 2016 - 11:11 PM.

tn_gallery_77459_12000_9810.pngtn_gallery_77459_12000_28699.png gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeg tn_gallery_77459_12000_11946.pngtn_gallery_77459_12000_20864.png

Legio IX: the Warbringers Proto-Legio IX: the Steel Guard

Legio IV: the Void Eagles Proto-Legio IV: the Morning Stars

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,269 posts
  • Chapter Name: XIth Legion Wardens of Light
I don't Even remember ;)

Who Are the void-born?? I Hope you hold no grudge against blanks and pariahs. Actually wie Are very nice people. Sometimes a bit Strange and reserved. But take micheal for example. He Likes people so much, that he developed a device to ne nearer to others. His "spear" has often shorten the distance between him and others ;)

The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeggallery_78117_10471_62812.pnggallery_92945_11930_12458.png

Skalpynock

Skalpynock

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,390 posts

They don't care about blanks. They don't care about psykers. They care for the Crusade and the Aquila, for Conquest and Compliance. They don't really see anything else. They are born to bring the Light to the darkest corners of the Milky Way, and they won't stop until the Imperium has reunited all of it. And even then, there will still be other galaxies to conquer. Those that oppose will burn, drown, or be put to the sword. The Terrans still think that's going a bit far, but they know they'll get airlocked if they reject that.

Edited by Skalpynock, 14 September 2015 - 10:52 PM.

tn_gallery_77459_12000_9810.pngtn_gallery_77459_12000_28699.png gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeg tn_gallery_77459_12000_11946.pngtn_gallery_77459_12000_20864.png

Skalpynock

Skalpynock

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,390 posts

Going less organized and more brainstorm-y, not having much time to write stuff until I get a new laptop. Initialize fact-lists.

[Stuff that was written here has been overridden by better fluff, see first post.]

Edited by Skalpynock, 10 March 2016 - 10:35 PM.

Skalpynock

Skalpynock

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,390 posts

Started reading Betrayal again today, analysing how it's written, which led to this paragraph (hopefully the first of an externsive bunch).

Origins: the Stars at Dawn

The IV legion was founded alongside its fellow legions in the latter years of the Unification Wars, from stock hailing from the Solus Stellax, Quavatine, and Somon suborbital plates for one part, and from the raiding nomads of Thumli-Cambay for the other. Early analysis of the legion's gene-seed show heightened spatial awareness and tri-dimensional balance, at the expense of auditory abilities. The same analysis, in their psychological segments, also record higher-than-normal tendancies to take independent action, at the time regarded as a flaw, but which would prove itself invaluable centuries later in the taking of the Nemausian Ring and the subsequent Icarion Insurrection.

Skalpynock

Skalpynock

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,390 posts

Had a small rundown of the IVth's Fleets (10k-chapter equivalent), their admirals, flagships, and the Expeditionary Corps they were attached to.

1 - Yucahu - Ala Lux - 6th expeditionary fleet

⋅ Dakkar the Voidborn, equerry to the Primarch
2 - Acao Culica - Sky Walker -17th
     ⋅ 8th flotilla Captain Elaban Kisakey - Bloodied Beak
3 - Mashyan - Hand of Infinity (Terran) - 147th
4 - Calius - Foresworn Faith - 254th
5 - Amaros Alvator - Penumbra - 89th

⋅ 44th flotilla Captain Nalam Elica - Rimward Light
6 - Limtoc - Warmonger - 947th
7 - Mili Ayelat - Tonitrua - 233rd
8 - Ignatius Maloran - Scourge of Scandia - 146st
9 - Hiram Qalie - Aquila Rex - 1200th

Edited by Skalpynock, 05 March 2016 - 11:24 PM.

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,643 posts
  • Chapter Name: Halcyon Wardens, Blood Angels

List of active fleets? That's something I hadn't ever done.

Project Leader of the Brotherhood of the Lost (http://www.bolterand...od-of-the-lost/)

The Lost IInd Legion: The Halcyon Wardens (http://www.bolterand...enegade-legion/)

The Third Son: Narrative of the Lost IInd Legion Primarch (http://www.bolterand...-the-third-son/)

gallery_92945_11930_24196.png

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,622 posts
  • Chapter Name: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

...I too should consider something like that...

Pl5uLJ.pnggallery_45765_11559_42998.png gallery_48988_10980_7442.png

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

Skalpynock

Skalpynock

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,390 posts

So, time for a general rules post before I forget. This one'll be edited each time something is considered publishable, that is after having been discussed in the Rules Thread.

The Primarch Yucahu

Hidden Content

Flight-Lieutenant Sihim Vohal

Hidden Content

Worldburner Grenadiers Squad

Hidden Content

Edited by Skalpynock, 05 March 2016 - 01:24 PM.

Hesh Kadesh

Hesh Kadesh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,645 posts
I love your world burners. The 2+ Poison Grenades rerolling blinds are incredible.

Personally not sure why they couldn't use Nuncio Voxes for Barrages. Someone spottimngnfor them could just say 'arc at X quadrant' or whatever letting them guide them down more accurately.

Quake is pretty powerful to forcr half movement, why not just Strikedown special rule, which is already there?

Resources;

Heresy Era Lords of War; use this to find out the complete collection of available Lords of War for Battles in the Age of Darkness.

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,622 posts
Iirc, Airburst being the way it is is because the nade explodes over them and is not lobbed like a mortar shell.

Think xm25 grenade launcher with airburst.
  • Hesh Kadesh likes this

Hesh Kadesh

Hesh Kadesh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,645 posts
Ah, I getcha. Not entirely sure how that differentiates especially from many other frag/blast weapons in the game. Only weapon which doesn't lob it over terrain I can think of is the Eldar D Cannon.

Still, it is an interesting mechanic. Do we have rules for frag grenades; they are only range 6 (8?) In the BRB.

These are basically what a whirlwind should be.

Resources;

Heresy Era Lords of War; use this to find out the complete collection of available Lords of War for Battles in the Age of Darkness.

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,622 posts

Ah, I getcha. Not entirely sure how that differentiates especially from many other frag/blast weapons in the game. Only weapon which doesn't lob it over terrain I can think of is the Eldar D Cannon.

Still, it is an interesting mechanic. Do we have rules for frag grenades; they are only range 6 (8?) In the BRB.

These are basically what a whirlwind should be.

Its so that wounds/casualties are done from the center of the blast instead of the traditional "Closest one first" giving you a chance to damage any meaties hiding behind ablatives. Barrage way of dealing damage without the ability to shoot them out of LoS due to short range.

I dont think we do for frag nades outside of their BRB Profile.

Edited by Slipstreams, 08 November 2015 - 09:35 PM.

Hesh Kadesh

Hesh Kadesh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,645 posts
Yeah I got the mechanics, I feel all blasts should work that way, personally but thems the rules. I meant in the fluff for the game, any airburst weapon I can think of fired direct fire is worked still like any normal blast, I stead gaining cover modifier mechanics.

Again, the mechanic is good, (barrage is the new sniper) and I don't have a problem, more curiosity :D. Might want to increase frag nades range though!
  • Slips likes this

Resources;

Lord Thørn

Lord Thørn

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,929 posts
  • Chapter Name: Iron Warriors Legion (XCIII)

Some pretty nice rules here, though I can't see a range for the frag grenades on the Gracchus Pattern Grenade Launcher (GPGL)

Skalpynock

Skalpynock

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,390 posts
That would be for the simple reason that, not having the main rule book, I have no idea what a frag grenade's profile is.
In the meantime, have a hastily-cleaned sketch of said unit.
Worldburner Sketch

Skalpynock

Skalpynock

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,390 posts
VE Asali

Breach-Sergeant Asali, 7th Great Fleet. KIA 008.M31 in a skirmish with the Warriors of Peace (see addendum II-GR.7: Battle of Cælenia)

VE Yuhal Selico

Saturator Yuhal Selico, 2nd Great Fleet, 8th flotilla. On of a few survivors of Elaban Kisakey's expedition, his comrades fallen at the hands of the Godslayers.

VE Haspar Emora

Incendiary Haspar Emora, 4th Great Fleet. Note grey armour plates, idiosyncratic of the 4th, adopted from admiral Calius's personal standard. The 4th Fleet was one of those that suffered the most against the Stygian Jackals, its command shattered until breacher sergeant Osaun forcefully took command.

WB Rasha
Unknown legionary, pict-captured late Insurrection. The reborn Morning Stars colours and markings identify this marine as one of a number of the 3rd Great Fleet, mainly composed of Terrans, who along with their admiral turned to the Stormborn's side.

Edited by Skalpynock, 06 March 2016 - 03:07 PM.

Sigismund229

Sigismund229

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,463 posts
May I ask what you're using to make these images of your legion?
The Brotherhood of the Lost

Signature

The IIIrd legion, the Crimson Lions formerly known as the Blood Wolves. http://www.bolterand...-crimson-lions/

Skalpynock

Skalpynock

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,390 posts

May I ask what you're using to make these images of your legion?

Night Rider's Chapter Generator. Far more ergonomic and powerful than the B&C painter, and not as expensive as actually painting miniatures.

• simison likes this

Big Bad Squig

Big Bad Squig

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 708 posts
  • Chapter Name: II, VI, X & XI Legions
I'll have to start using that for my legions; it does look really nice. Liking the little Godslayers reference as well ;)

Skalpynock

Skalpynock

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,390 posts

Updated first post with current book-fluff, and added a nice quote to begin the chapter when we start working on Book II.

• simison likes this

Skalpynock

Skalpynock

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,390 posts

"So you wanna hear of the Malkier liberation? That one was, I won't lie, a sight to behold. The Eagles and the Wardens –Yucahu's and Gwalchavad's; damn Primarchs can't be original with names– united to liberate a planet from its tech-barbarian lords, with a cunning plan and flawless execution. But first I'll tell you of what I saw before the battle in itself. The planning phase. One of the first times I had seen so many Astartes with my own eyes. The gleaming armors of the twelfth and the dirty bronze of the fourth. It was very visual. The Wardens were more or less consistent in their looks; though apparently Terrans could be easily identified, but I don't remember how, I didn't care 'cause I was there to watch, not learn. But the Eagles? Some wore suits made of several marks, others had sheets of metal riveted over some plates, and many had weird colors. Red, brown, grey in place of the green I was used to seeing. But I recognized them as Eagles in how they spoke to each others. Brothers from different companies embracing each other in reunion, oaths of moment sworn in anticipation for the battle, stories told of wars fought half the Galaxy away. New recruits were challenged to bring back trophies or kill foes in dumb ways. I remember one of them, a breacher under Calius way back then. You'll remember him as Ramius Osaun, the hero of Anchilos' Deep. I picted him on the moment, don't know why but it just struck me. Now, I can't draw worth :cuss cause I'm a ministrel, but I'll still try, 'cause I'm still a remembrancer.

Ramius Osaun

See that backpack? An Anvilus. It sucks at not overheating, but it can give you a boost in the void. You don't care, I know, you wanna hear 'bout the battle. I'm getting to it. That backpack is almost important, 'cause this boy's challenge was to get it on overdrive and survive. Giant kids, these Astartes. He did it, though. By getting a cool-sphere casing shot off. Back to the ship. Marines everywhere, cogboys doing martian stuff, servitors serving, auxilia complaining 'bout how they were going to die. And me, lost there, lyrics coming to my mind all the time. Following the general movement, I somehow ended before two big names. Think "third in command of the Legion" and "guy whose name has become a noun". Took me a while to recognize who they were. Insta-picted once I made the connection. Lemme scribble.

Acao Culica

Old man Culica. They said he was way too old for a Coabanite, being one of the very first of them, drafted from Yucahu's flagship when he first met the Emperor. A pretty nice fellow, if you can call someone whose entire existence is dedicated to burning cities to the ground "nice". I can see where they're going with him being too old to command though. He goes on grand tirades that don't mean anything when you actually think about them.

Amaros Alvator

Alvator. As in 'pulling an Alvator'. Vanishing from the universe without warning. But that was later. Back then, he was Admiral of the Fifth, who boasted the best breaching elements of all 20… right, 18 legions. Or so they claimed. I believe some Lions and Scions would've begged to differ. From what I heard, his fleet was full of nutcases. Not only the Astartes, he had some even-weirder techies. See his armour? That's not Indo nor Cata. When I asked, they told me it was Arkonak-pattern, of which only a handful were built. Apparently it wasn't polyvalent enough and only worked for close, brutal assault. Odd that I never saw a 'zerker wearing one... It wasn't completely bronze either. A bunch of his plates were black, and his left pauldron bore his colors: a skull on the red of old blood. Right, back to the guy in the suit. Ever heard how powerful the voice of a Space Marine is? Well his was deafening. It was like each of his word was a shell. I recall he was talking navigation, using directions Yucahu created when he noticed the Segmenta were badly divided – almost the entire Galaxy is in Ultima, but apart from propaganda it doesn't make sense. He talked about a sector he wanted to conquer. When he disappeared, they sent expeditions there, but nope, they never found anyone until the outbreak of… that."

Excerpt from Mallory Delonde's "On the trace of the Sumakutaa: interviews with Jiacom Faidit", circa 022.M31

• MikhalLeNoir, simison and bluntblade like this

Skalpynock

Skalpynock

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,390 posts

Well, I made a thing. Far too many brain cells died for this. But at least I have the different ranks sorted. Shape indicates rank, color indicates fleet, nobody goes helm-less in this legion because you can't breath in space or firestorms.

Void Eagmes Ranks

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,643 posts
  • Chapter Name: Halcyon Wardens, Blood Angels

I wonder if the Mark III is popular among the Void Eagles

Project Leader of the Brotherhood of the Lost (http://www.bolterand...od-of-the-lost/)

The Lost IInd Legion: The Halcyon Wardens (http://www.bolterand...enegade-legion/)

The Third Son: Narrative of the Lost IInd Legion Primarch (http://www.bolterand...-the-third-son/)

gallery_92945_11930_24196.png

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,870 posts
  • Chapter Name: Inkspillers
Is there any possibility of the Eagles fielding voidbikes like those so beloved of the White Scars?

We're going to have to think of/up a good space-faring enemy for them to go to town on. Thinking asteroid belt shenanigans.

Edited by bluntblade, 07 March 2016 - 09:54 AM.

Mortal scrivener for the Brotherhood of the Lost project:
gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeg

Tales of the Brotherhood

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users