Old Dogs New Tricks - Space Hulk

Kalrath

Lovely as always. The poses are great too! 

A question though: I don't see any iconography. Don't you want to make use of transfers?

I want you to know that your thread has rekindled my love for 2nd edition. So to thank you for that I thought I'd give your thread a bit of a shout-out. :)

Thank you for the kind words and the shout out!

Glad to have brought fond memories from the golden days!

As for the iconography, yes, I'm planning on using decals. I have some old Mircoset/sol and tried it last week to see if it was still good. I decided to keep painting, so no to loose momentum, and apply the decals when I reach a stage in the painting where I have to wait (varnishing the Vindicator for example).

Argh ! Thoses (Edit : Mini spartan/normal size ^^) tanks, those old school colors and miniz, this conversions skills ... Love your woke ! I'll follow this ! :smile.:

So mutch memories ..:wub.:.

Malchy. (F:censored:k the Heresy .. Go old school ! ^^)

@Augustus : Look like a pocket spartan too me brother, That was my point. ^^ 

But yeah no idea of what it really means x) .. "Knowledge is power" this kind of stuff I just let it too the weak nerds of prospero, Because power need no words to explain... (but if you find out tell me :p)

Lovely work as usual. :wub.:

Fantastic work once again!

Although, if my eyes don't deceive me, it looks like you acquired some metal parts to upgrade your original Vindicator conversion with...? :tongue.:

The Old school vindicators were metal upgrades to the Rhino kit, no?

Old school treads everywhere.

Us old chaps have come out of retirement!

Simply stunning miniatures!

Thank you!

Ah, thanks for the memories :happy.:

You're quite welcome!

Although, if my eyes don't deceive me, it looks like you acquired some metal parts to upgrade your original Vindicator conversion with...? :tongue.:

Indeed. An opportunity presented it self and I decided not to be a cheap bastard!

In the end I decided my version was lacking the characteristic bulkiness of the Vindicator.

Lovely work as usual. :wub.:

The Old school vindicators were metal upgrades to the Rhino kit, no?

Thank you!

He meant the conversion I was planning, after I finished building the Rhino/Razorback/Whirlwind.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you!

I'm alternating between vehicles and infantry. I paint a squad and then I reward myself with a vehicle or a character.

So, this time we have my first squad of Terminators:

ultramarines-terminators-1-0.jpg

Next a couple of old Chaplains!

Those terminators are really well done.

Could you describe your process for doing white? I'm specifically wondering how you got it shaded/recesses done. It's very clean and crisp in being able to see the contours of the model, but doesn't look too high of a contrast or thick.

Stellar .

Thank you!

Yeah! Hazard stripe powerfists!

Yeash! Those classic Hazard stripe power fists look fricking wicked!!!

Now this is how I have known Terminators.  Very well done and thanks for the memories :thumbsup:

Those had to be in, that's the only way they roll!

I'm loving this thread and everything of yours in it, Kalrath. Keep up the terrific work. :thumbsup:

These are extremely handsome, fantastic work .

Thank you very much!

Those terminators are really well done.

Could you describe your process for doing white? I'm specifically wondering how you got it shaded/recesses done. It's very clean and crisp in being able to see the contours of the model, but doesn't look too high of a contrast or thick.

Actually, the helmets didn't come out the way I wanted, but close enough. This is what I did:

White undercoat

2-3 thin coats of Ceramite White

Wash whole helmet with mix of Glaze Medium with Vallejo Ultramarines Blue

Layer with Vallejo Stonewall Grey (I think, the label is blank....)

Edge (or where appropriate) with Citadel Ceramite White)

Hope this helps!

Archived