Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Old Dogs New Tricks - Eldar Saim-Hann Vyper done

Ultramarines Retro 2nd Edition Eldar Saim-Hann

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,664 posts
  • Faction: KDK, VII, VIII

Delicious Eldar here all of a sudden. Xenos filth!

I'm still in awe of your ability to recreate that classic mid-nineties painting style... jawdrop.gif

• Kalrath likes this

Kalrath

Kalrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 94 posts

Thank you!!

That era completely resonates with me. I can't wait to start painting Phoenix Lords!

Here's the finished Autarch and a group shot:

skyrunner-autarch-1-1.jpg?w=1060

windriders-1-1.jpg?w=1060

Edited by Kalrath, 11 November 2018 - 07:46 PM.

• Focslain, Trokair, Firepower and 5 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,165 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Well done.
  • Kalrath likes this

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

hushrong

hushrong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,760 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors
The elder look fantastic! Stellar paint jobs you’ve done there. It’s so dang crisp!
  • Kalrath likes this

Dornian Heresy: Iron Hands Raiders

Black Legion: The Fire Rises

Emperor's Children: Cult of Golden Tears

Alpha Legion: The Heads of the Hydra Strike

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,664 posts

Ugh, your painting is so neat and crisp. IMPRESSIVE

• Kalrath likes this

Kalrath

Kalrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 94 posts

Thank you! 

I'm now painting Wraithguard, but took a little break to finish a Deathwatch project.

I don't really feel like planes belong on a 28mm table, but I really like the Corvus, so, I decided to design a grav version:

I give you the Raven Darkstar Grav Assault Transport

raven-darkstar.jpg?w=1060

Still some touchups to do.

• Focslain, Honda, Marius Perdo and 8 others like this

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,664 posts

eek.gif

facepalm.png

jawdrop.gif

Is there anything you can't do perfectly?

• Kalrath and Honda like this

Kalrath

Kalrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 94 posts

biggrin.png

Well, there are a couple of things.

Kalrath

Kalrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 94 posts

Here's another flier proxy. This time for the Stormtalon. This is my version of the Stormhound from Spikeybits:

stormhounddone.jpg?w=1060I've also been experimenting with Rendering software, so, might as well share a better pic of the Raven:

deathwath-raven-darkstar-e1543968766151.

• Doghouse, Honda, Biohazard and 7 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,165 posts
Is your Stormraven's twin assault cannon turret-mounted, or fixed?

I also think wings will improve its aesthetics- maybe folding ones with the hurricane bolter and missile launchers mounted on them, like the dropship in 'Aliens'.
  • Kalrath likes this

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Ciler

Ciler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,841 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Taking this Blog in another direction now.

With my Deathwatch army in the pipeline, I want my vehicles unique, with a more high-tech look than the current Rhino. I had the idea of using Clouseau’s Rhino from 15 years ago, but it’s wasn’t quite what I wanted, so decided to design one based on his model, but incorporating some aspect of the current one and also some other models.
https://olddogsnewtr...ture.jpg?w=1060

The goal you ask? Resin Printing! No to save on money, but to have something different.
43389289_1590832767729777_33981413210204

Is resin printing the same as "traditional" 3D printing but with a resin material rather than a plastic ?

Great job on the chassis either way, and I like the flier project as well.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. Revelations 6:8
Album link, Thread on the BT subforum

Kalrath

Kalrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 94 posts

I also think wings will improve its aesthetics- maybe folding ones with the hurricane bolter and missile launchers mounted on them, like the dropship in 'Aliens'.

It's turret mounted, with magnet slots!

Oh, and it's a Stormtalon Proxy, not a Stormraven :)

The wings, you're talking about the Corvus Proxy? I did try it that way, but decided against it. My goal was to make it a skimmer, and the wings, in the end defeated that purpose.

Is resin printing the same as "traditional" 3D printing but with a resin material rather than a plastic ?

Thanks!

No, resin printing is completely different. You have a vat of liquid resin, a build plate goes down and submerges in the resin, then:

In case of Laser printers, a laser traces the entire slice

In case of LCD printers, a uv light shines through a digital mask through the LCD screen.

Then the build plate goes up a step, repeat until finished.

There is a lot o preparation prior to printing, and is nearly impossible to print without supports.

It's great fun though! Now I realize ideas that have been bouncing around my head for years! The downside is the unpainted pile increases drastically!

SanguiniusReborn

SanguiniusReborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,134 posts
  • Faction: The Steel Legion
Spoiler

Oh my Omnissiah, I want, like, twelve of each of these things! Please, PLEASE tell me you're selling kits of these?

Edited by SanguiniusReborn, 06 December 2018 - 12:13 AM.

gallery_92945_11930_39378.pngtn_gallery_4536_13905_53919.pngFbm7BxJ.jpg6ACBl6j.jpg

Proud Creator of the Scarlet Sentinels, my 18th Century British Redcoat Chapter and the Steel Legion, my Cyberpunk-inspired Lost Legion!

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,216 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

That Stormhound reminds a lot of the old Battletech Mad Dog/Vulture. Very nice. 

• Doghouse and Bryan Blaire like this

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Hope is the first step to despair.

Kalrath

Kalrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 94 posts
Totally misunderstood your question about the Assaulc cannon Bjorn!! I thought you were talking about the walker. The skimmer is a proxy for the Corvus Blackstar, but I Can see it can indeed be used as a Stormraven!
The assault cannons are fixed to the fuselage.

Thanks guys! I'm not selling atm, but I am sharing the designs through thingiverse. Just search by user for Kalrath.
  • Augustus b'Raass likes this

Kalrath

Kalrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 94 posts
And on the subject of the Stormraven, I can model a turret to place up top to swith with the halo launcher/ Auspex array!

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 592 posts

It's turret mounted, with magnet slots!
Oh, and it's a Stormtalon Proxy, not a Stormraven :)

The wings, you're talking about the Corvus Proxy? I did try it that way, but decided against it. My goal was to make it a skimmer, and the wings, in the end defeated that purpose.

Thanks!

No, resin printing is completely different. You have a vat of liquid resin, a build plate goes down and submerges in the resin, then:
In case of Laser printers, a laser traces the entire slice
In case of LCD printers, a uv light shines through a digital mask through the LCD screen.
Then the build plate goes up a step, repeat until finished.

There is a lot o preparation prior to printing, and is nearly impossible to print without supports.

It's great fun though! Now I realize ideas that have been bouncing around my head for years! The downside is the unpainted pile increases drastically!

My huge library system has 4 extrusion printers and I’m finally getting on in my branch next month. I’ll be trying desperately to get an SLA printer for our system after that.
  • Kalrath likes this

Adeptus Titanicus Model Count:

Warlords: 4

Reavers: 9

Warhounds: 6

Knights: 14

Kalrath

Kalrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 94 posts

Some more work on the Eldar. Wraithguard and Wraithblades.

Wraithblades-1.1.jpg?w=1060Wraithguard-1.1.jpg?w=1060

• Focslain, Honda, Grotsmasha and 1 other like this

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,664 posts

biggrin.png

Oh yeah? Give me one, just one example. Because those wraithguard and  wraithblades aren't doing your position in this debate any favours. ;)

rednekkboss

rednekkboss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 947 posts
  • Faction: Templars of DOOooom!

biggrin.png

Oh yeah? Give me one, just one example. Because those wraithguard and  wraithblades aren't doing your position in this debate any favours. msn-wink.gif

Augs....Could be omlettes. I mean, I can paint good, but can't flip an omlette (and keep it in one piece) to save myself.

Kalrath.... great looking stuff!

• Chaplain Dosjetka and Augustus b'Raass like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,165 posts
Good job on the Wraithguards.

sockwithaticket

sockwithaticket

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,411 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Tears

The white shading on those Wraithguard is lovely.

Crimson Tears, Deathwatch and Inquisition WIP thread (most recent page):
http://www.bolterand...updated/page-28

Deathwatch Hall of Honour thread:
http://www.bolterand...maccrage/page-4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg

Kalrath

Kalrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 94 posts

Some more Progress!

Wraithlord, Farseer and Warlock! First of 2019!

wraithlord-1.1.jpg?w=1060farseer-1.2.jpg?w=1060warlock-1.2.jpg?w=1060

biggrin.png

Oh yeah? Give me one, just one example. Because those wraithguard and  wraithblades aren't doing your position in this debate any favours. msn-wink.gif

Well... Look at this! Disgusting!

mistakes1.jpg?w=1060

biggrin.png

Augs....Could be omlettes. I mean, I can paint good, but can't flip an omlette (and keep it in one piece) to save myself.

Kalrath.... great looking stuff!

Yeah, come to think of it omelets too!

Good job on the Wraithguards.

The white shading on those Wraithguard is lovely.

Thank you!

• Doghouse, Bjorn Firewalker, sockwithaticket and 1 other like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,165 posts
Good job on the new models. I'm surprised how human the Farseer's proportions are; he looks like a Vulcan from Star Trek (capable of breeding with humans, and arguably "abhumans" to the Imperium), not someone/something utterly alien to human understanding, as the Harlequins and the Drukhari's proportions suggest.
  • Kalrath likes this

Kalrath

Kalrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 94 posts

Thank you!

Yeah, the head swap make him look very distinct.

And scratch another one! Vyper done!

vyper-1.1.jpg?w=1060

• Bjorn Firewalker, Augustus b'Raass and Pearson73 like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ultramarines, Retro, 2nd Edition, Eldar, Saim-Hann

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users