Old Dogs New Tricks - Space Hulk

Kalrath

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there! Back again!

First of all, thank you for your great support! Not really sure where I'm going next, but rest assured I'll Keep this plog alive (even though Photobucket isn't helping...)

Anyway, I've managed to finish my last Terminators, thus concluding (at least for now) all my Ultramarine Infantry.

ultramarines-terminators-3-0.jpg

Next up will be my First Predator!

Edited by Kalrath

They look great and... surprisingly.... modern! You're losing it, dude. That '90s touch. The 2010s are rubbing off on you :p ;)

Seriously though: fab work as always.

I'm looking forward to the Predator!

Also, will you join the August Arena event?

Thanks!

I see you missed the 25mm bases! :teehee:

This army was made mainly using the 2nd, 3rd (minus Land Speeder, that one goes to the Dark Angles) and Assault on Black Reach starter boxed sets. I'm only missing the squad from Battle for Macragge to have a continuous timeline from 1992 to 2008! And all in Glorious Ultramarines Blue!

Took a crappy pic of the whole bunch, to mimic the 2nd Ed Codex:

ultramarines-1-0.jpg?w=2000&h=&crop&ssl=

This really is a crappy pic... I'll take a new one when I get the chance.

As for the Agustus arena, sadly no. July and August are "bad" months with a mix of Extra Work and Vacations.

Edited by Kalrath

Hadn't missed them, although I still wonder why you choose those base sizes :) 

The picture, although slightly out of focus - is really a testament to your skill and speed. Not many people can pull off painting an army at that quality at that speed. When you make the better quality pic you should definitely share it with GWs. :tu:

Vacation and work are both excellent excuses. :)

Thank you!

I will be taking that photo properly after the Vehicles. I even have one of those bunkers that came with the White Dwarf, to put in the picture!

As for the bases, The Space Hulk models had 25mm bases, so, I stuck with that standard. As for not switching all Terminator bases to 40mm, they wouldn't fit well in the Space Hulk boards. I plan on buying 25mm to 32mm adapters for the Terminators., but haven't come around to it...

Here is some WiP of the 1st Predator:

ultramarines-tanks-wip-undercoat.jpg?w=1

ultramarines-predator-1-0-wip-1.jpg?w=10

ultramarines-predator-1-0-wip-2.jpg?w=10

ultramarines-predator-1-0-wip.jpg

Thanks Guys!

I like the armored sponsons. Did they come from a Leman Russ battle tank?

Those Sponsons are indeed from the Leman Russ, I just assembled them upside down.

That work on the predator is really top notch bravo. I know it is said a lot on this thread but your work is so clean, really something to admire as a style. Bravo.

Always good to hear though!

Man, I've said it before but I'll say it again: massive kudos for plasticarding that predator turret. 

Big thanks to you!

Nifty work so far, brother. :thumbsup:

Thank you!

Now lets get to business.

Should I weather the dozer blade? The tank itself won't be. I'm a bit torn here. The old models from back then, aren't weathered, but the dozer blades are.

I started in 3rd ed, and this is still hitting nostalgia buttons... most of the studio army photos in the brb and codexes where these models, schemes and general vibe and style. Tho I'll be honest, I'm liking stuff in this thread more...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So just found this thread and have to say, love the vehicle conversions. 

Amazing work you have here.

I'd love to copy your WW launcher, the missile tube are an old GW square base are they not? Also is it possible to see the back of the launcher or know what you used to make it.

Thanks in advance and keep up the awesome work.