Old Dogs New Tricks - Space Hulk

Kalrath

Really nice Ultra's and lovely to see some 'retro' colours...reminds me of when I first started 40k - the yellow, red and blue Ultramarines featured heavily in the 3rd edition Tyranid codex. Looking forward to seeing how this army grows!

Welcome back. Like the mix of some old models here and there.

Thanks! Glad to be back.

Wow, ten years. I'm surprised you could remember your password. :P

Old habits die hard! ;)

Indeed they do. I too took a 10 year break and returned late last month. I was surprised my account still even Existed! Welcome back, Brother!

• 4 weeks later...

Well count me watching, 10 years eh, like wow! 40k must seem very different for you now :ohmy.:  some good ...some bad... but oh so different...unlike your awesomesauce paintjobs :wub.: 

this gives me that warm fuzzy feeling too (I'm a gamer from way back then too,and the ultra's tug at the fond memory cord)

your turnaround time leaves me a wee bit jealous:dry.: but hey well done to you  :wink: .

Consider me being Motivated to paint today simply from looking at your stuff.:thumbsup:

Thanks heaps, Mithril

Looks amazing ... one thing though ... are those 32mm bases?  doesn't seem like it ... you've done such a nice job on them ... maybe you should switch to 32mm before getting any deeper in?

I've been out of the hobby for a while, are 32mm bases standard for infantry now?

Also Kalrath, those Marines look awesome! It feels odd not seeing them in the now traditional blue and gold, but I dig it!

Edited by Retmonster

• 6 months later...

Gorgeous! What is the next unit to go under your brush?

Also, if you're still missing the helmet bit for Sicarius, I have one spare that I'd be willing to send over. Shoot me a PM if you're interested. :)

Indeed!

Finished the 3rd Tactical Squad:

Ultramarines%2BTactical%2B3.3.jpg

I think these old guys hold their own with the others.

Decals I'll do in the end.

Oh god, nineties flashbacks, nineties flashbacks !!!

Good job, actually.