Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Divine Hunter - Characters

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
90 replies to this topic

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,970 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
You may now enter characters for the Arena of Death competition. If you haven’t seen the latest changes, be sure to check out the Announcement & Rules for this Arena of Death competition. Take particular notice of the edits I’ve made. In addition to making corrections/revisions within the text of the rules, I’ve listed a description of each change at the bottom of the rules thread. Also watch the +Arena of Death+ forum for developments in the story.

A note on the vesting – restricted models will not be vested. While I won’t tell you the criteria we have for being vested (you’ll find out later when we move the rule from the +Inner Sanctum+ to the +Arena of Death+ forum), don’t submit a priest, librarian, sorcerer, Sister of Battle, or Inquisitor if you want to have any chance of being vested. To clarify – go ahead and submit them, but they won’t be vested. Restricted characters will be selected within the +Inner Sanctum+ and +Adeptus Domus+ forums. Additionally, the non-vested characters will also be selected in those same forums. We haven’t set down any criteria for character selection, so each administrator, moderator, and Adeptus Domus will vote however he or she pleases. (Personally, I’ll be selecting on the basis of variety.)

Also, a quick note on the Chaos Sorcerer – since the loyalists can have up to two psykers (1 librarian and 1 Inquisitor), you guys might get an additional sorcerer. We’ve already decided on the rule, but I don’t want to ruin the vesting “secret”, so I won’t tell you the details right now. Also, the removal of the restriction to 1 Mark of Tzeentch allows for more than 1 sorcerer (hmmm…maybe we did that for a reason :tu: ).

One thing you should understand, though, is that this is not a painting competition. The quality of the conversion/paint job on the miniature is completely irrelevant. So if you think your painting skills (or lack thereof) are going to be a factor in whether or not your mini gets “in”, think again. You could have the painting abilities of a blind man and have just as good a chance as a Golden Daemon winner.

Note that the picture requirement will not be waived, but we’ve made provisions for those of you who don’t have digital images. We don’t need the image right now, but we’ll need it before we start the AoD. This lag time will only be allowed for non-digital images.

So submit your characters as a reply to this thread.

Good luck! :unsure:

GAH! (I hate when I forget stuff) Please include the name of the Codex/rules/army list being used to make the character (i.e. Captain Stu is made using the Raven Guard rules)

Your entry should include:

Profile name (i.e., Dark Angesl Grand Master, Possessed Chaos Space Marine Aspiring Champion - I don't need the full stats, just the name)

Weapons, wargear, gifts, skills, etc.

Rules/Army List (i.e., Blood Angels, Daemonhunters, Thousand Sons, etc.)

Picture (or link to picture or notification that the picture will be sent in)

Name of character (along with any ranks, titles, etc. that he/she has)

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

nite_moogle

nite_moogle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,526 posts
  • Faction: Granite Fists
Posted Image

Brother-Captain Gibraltar
Commander of the Granite Fists Third Company

Codex: Space Marines
Commander profile
Wargear
-Terminator Armor
-Power Fist
-Power Weapon
-Purity Seals

(I know Purity Seals do jack and squat in the AoD, but I always take them, and I have nothing better to spend points on.)

Edited by nite_moogle, 11 January 2004 - 07:31 AM.

Sharp

Sharp

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 651 posts
Commander Du'tek
Acting Deathwatch Captian of (yet to be nammed Guard Detachment)
Picture to come (just finished him this morning!)

Codex: Armaggeddon (Salamanders)

Commander
Master Crafted Thunder Hammer
Storm Shield
Terminator Honours
Bionics
120pts

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Sharp, 13 January 2004 - 02:15 AM.

Shiftedmatrix.com - My Warhammer Blog/Log/Site

Vyrus

Vyrus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 372 posts
I propose the involvement of the infamous, vicious, and downright dirty

Vyrus la Peste...

"The crowd of bickering warriors were suddenly silenced as an overpowering stench quickly filled the chamber. The ranks made way for a shambling figure, covered in slimy nurglings and wielding an ancient and filthy bolter. The nurglings fed on his blisters and boils and squelched and chattered continuously. With effort he drew his rusty power sword from the nest of nurglings at his belt and planted it firmly into the ground before him.
I am Vyrus, he growled, servant of Nurgle and formerly of the Deathguard. I will fight for you to prove my worthiness in the eyes of Father Nurgle, and our enemies will be destroyed.

Posted Image

Codex Chaos Spacemarines-Death Guard

Chaos Lieutenant
Mark of Nurgle
Bolter
Power Sword
Nurgling Infestation
Daemonic Visage
Daemonic Strength
Nurgles Rot

Edited by Vyrus, 11 January 2004 - 05:32 PM.

Chaplain Lucifer

Chaplain Lucifer

++ RHETOR ORIENS ASTRUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,243 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Redemption
Brother Captain Avalon
Dark Angels 1st Company Master

Codex Dark Angels.
Master.
terminator armor.
master crafted lightning claws

total : xxx pts
image at:
http://www.pbase.com...232437/original

Edited by Chaplain Lucifer, 12 January 2004 - 07:25 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Vladimir Pugh

Vladimir Pugh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 206 posts
Brother Captain Arthurius

Codex: Space Marines
Brother Captain Arthurius
Imperial Fists 3rd Company Master

Commander:
Terminator Armour
Master Crafted Power Sword
Storm Bolter
Bionics

[edit]point cost removed at the request of brother tyler.

yeah, joker's entrance was very flashy... :unsure:

Edited by Vladimir Pugh, 11 January 2004 - 10:39 AM.

Dragonius

Dragonius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 523 posts
Brother Captain Maturac

Posted Image

C:SM
Commander
Lightning Claws
Bionics
Purity Seals
Terminator Honours
Teleport Homer
Frag Grenades

fully WYSIWIPF at 111 points
"I hereby declare all non-gun-barrel-driller-outers heretic and excomunicate!" - unknown inquisitor

Heimdal

Heimdal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,622 posts
Wolf Guard Battle Leader Håkan

Codex:Space Wolves
Wolf Guard Battle LEader

-Thunder Hammer
-Storm Shield
-Wolf Tooth Necklace
-Runic Charm

120 points

Edited by Heimdal, 10 January 2004 - 10:27 PM.

H�kan of the Space Wolves
Divine Hunter Arena of Death
Last Man Standing

Nicholas Wolfer

Nicholas Wolfer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,484 posts
Wolf Guard Battle Leader - Agni Runilfr
Frost Weapon, Plasma Pistol, Bionics, Runic Charm
Leader of Frostclaws Company of the Space Wolves

"..."

Posted Image

Edited by Nicholas Wolfer, 11 January 2004 - 06:43 PM.

QUOTE(DepthCharge @ Aug 12 2005, 07:50 PM)
Space Wolves are badasses that operate just barely within the rules.
13th Co. didn't even know there were rules applying to how badass they could be.

Ajax

Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 424 posts
Skull Taker
Headhunter of Khorne

Using Codex: Chaos Space Marines:
Chaos Lieutenant
Mark of Khorne; Power Weapon (x1)
Khornate Chainaxe
Daemonic Strength
Daemonic Mutation
Feel No Pain
Talisman of Burning Blood
Frag Grenades

edit: Angelfire just informed me that I've gone over my bandwith limit, and that my website will be down for the next 3 hours.

therefore, I hope this works:

Posted Image

Edited by Ajax, 11 January 2004 - 03:42 AM.

maverick

maverick

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 155 posts
Blood Angel Chaplain- Charlie the Chaplain

http://mav144.tripod...aplainsmall.jpg (please don't click the link, type the url in the address bar)

Crozius arcanum
rosarius
Plasma pistol
terminator honours
artificer armour

Edited by maverick, 11 January 2004 - 04:29 AM.

MAVERICK, THE ALL POWERFUL

Chaplain-Azriel

Chaplain-Azriel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 529 posts
Dark Angel's Interregtor Chaplain Azriel
Master-Crafted Crozius Arcanum
Plasma Pistol (covnerted from dreadgnought storm bolter)
Rosarius

Chaplain Azriel himself

Edited by Chaplain-Azriel, 11 January 2004 - 04:03 AM.

Lazarus valghyran

Lazarus valghyran

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 568 posts
Ayrineka Z. Kareka, sub-commander of the 4th Recon COmpany of the Steel Angels chapter.

Space Marine Commander with Artificer Scout (okay, power) armour: 45
Plasma Pistol
Master-crafted Lightning Claw
Terminator Honours

Pic will come as soon as I scan her current armour design in. Basically a scout, but with increased armour plating. Hence the 3+ save.

[edit: removed specific points costs]

PICTURE

Edited by Kurgan_the_Lurker, 16 January 2004 - 06:24 PM.

http://i78.photobuck...nge/Raptors.jpg
Over-sized image turned into a link. Please refer to the forum rules for guidelines on images in signatures.-Brother Tyler

Aurelius Rex

Aurelius Rex

++ GESTORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,726 posts
  • Faction: Scions of Dorn
Captain Euripides of the Scions of Dorn, seventh company.

While the Scions of Dorn are a Crimson Fist successor chapter, but Euripides has a fascination with many traditions of the Imperial Fists, such as their love of honour duels.

Commander (as in Codex: Space Marines);
Master-crafted powersword;
Storm shield;
Terminator honours;
Artificer armour.

Total cost: 120 points.

Mini under final construction, awaiting painting… :unsure:

OK, WIP done...

Posted Image

Edited by Aurelius Rex, 15 January 2004 - 12:46 AM.

Hidden Content

Joker

Joker

++ RIDICULUM PAUXILLUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,722 posts
  • Faction: EZ Krumpny
****A flash of lightning, and the smell of brimstone fills the air. The room is filled with a thick, black smoke. Out of the cloud, a nightmare strides, a glowing power sword in one hand and a crackling power fist on the other. The skulls of defeated foes adorn his armor, and for the first time, they know FEAR. ****

Tomax Hell, Chaos Space Marine Lieutenant, Commander of the Night Lords' 17th Legion of Fear.

Master Crafted Power Fist, Power Weapon, Daemonic Strength, Daemonic Resilience.
Codex:Chaos Space Marines

Posted Image

++EDIT++ Point Values removed at the request of the Servants of the Corpse.

Edited by jokersminis, 11 January 2004 - 03:41 AM.

Joker

gallery_3570_2095_14088.jpg

TwistOfFate22

TwistOfFate22

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 231 posts
Dark Angel hero Master "Pursan" of the Deathwing

Master
termi armour
chain fist
combi meltagun

Pursan is a Master of the dark angels, he is tasked with leading a percision strike team of Deathwing members with the aim to obliterate enemy heavy targets normaly teleporting in sometimes to locations away from the battle field wilst the bulk of the enemy is being engaged. he could be seen as working to support the battle rather than "lead" yet he and his squad play a very vital role. as the Dark Angels war machine is a very tactical force which he is a Cog in.

Picture to come

Edited by TwistOfFate22, 11 January 2004 - 03:49 AM.

Cheex

Cheex

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,140 posts
Lord-Champion Archeion, Chief Lieutenant of the 21st Grand Company of the World Eaters.

Posted Image

Mark of Khorne
Bolt Pistol
Axe of Khorne
Daemonic Strength
Talisman of Burning Blood
Collar of Khorne (take that, Psykers! :unsure:)
Rage of Khorne

Total: 116pts

Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne of Khorne!

Edit: see this thread for some fluff!

Edited by Cheexsta, 11 January 2004 - 12:11 PM.

The Khan

The Khan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 32 posts
Commander Vaishin Khan of the White Scars

( Commander from Codex Space Marines )

Wargear
Mastercrafted Power Lance
Power Fist
Terminator Honours
Purity Seals

Picture has been sent in.

Khan's Mini Pic

Edited by Kurgan_the_Lurker, 11 January 2004 - 03:49 PM.

Chaplain Lazarus

Chaplain Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,664 posts
Lieutenant Crour Caedes of the World Eaters' 18th Grand Company, Executioner of Innocents, Enforcer of Lord Commander Nex Cruento's' will

Posted Image

Currently Crour Caedes is 2nd in command over what is left of the 18th Grand Company of the once proud World Eaters Legion. Serving under Lord Commander Nex Cruento has made him a savage killing machine, euqally taking skulls of his enemys or of his own Berzerkers if they fail his Lord's commands. He hopes to further strengthen his position and harvest many skulls to gain favour in the eyes of his master Khorne by entering the Arena and besting his enemies.

C:CSM Lt.
Mark of Khorne
Chain Axe
Daemonic Rune Sword (uses rules for Axe of Khorne)
Feel no Pain
Furious Charge
Rage of Khorne
Frags

119 Points total

Edited by Chaplain Lazarus, 11 January 2004 - 12:28 PM.

[b][i][size=4]Lazarus[/size][/i][/b]
[i]Ordo Literatus[/i]

[img=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/rogue_trader/avatars/sig.gif]

[color=red]What would Chaplain Lazarus do if he was here today?
I'm sure he'd kick an ass or two,
'cause that's the thing that Chaplains do![/color]

[b]Interrogator Chaplain Lazarus,[/b] [i]Commander of the Chaplainry, Master of Ceremony of the Angels of the Lion Chapter[/i]

SCC

SCC

++ UNGUIS AENEI ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,242 posts
  • Faction: Brazen Claws/Raven Guard
Veteran Sergeant Rhadamanthys

Posted Image

*Eyeing his fellow competitors with disdain, Rhadamanthys' upper lip curls into a sneer*

"Power fists? Plasma pistols? Faugh! What need has any true servant of the Emperor for such fripperies?"

*The sneer becomes even more pronounced*

"I carry with me all the weapons a Marine needs to face his foes - the Bolter, and the Chainsword."

*As more armoured figures enter the docking bay Rhadamanthys casts his eye over his fellows once more, sneer firmly in place*

"Captains? Lords Commander? Chaplains? I had not expected such exalted personages would attend this event. I give this occasion the honour due it, but must wonder why such senior Brothers attend this event at their Chapter's behest when my Captain feels that I, barely 30 years a Sergeant, can attend and uphold my Chapter's honour to the fullest.

Perhaps you fear dishonour? The only dishonour I know is to fail the Emperor!

Perhaps you hunger for glory? All glory belongs to Him on Earth! Remember that or end your days like the accursed Traitors - reviled by all mankind and forever banished from the noblest life a man may live - a life in the Emperor's service.

Perhaps a Sergeant of the Brazen Claws is the equal of a Captain of a... lesser Chapter? That, I leave for you to decide."

Veteran Sergeant Rhadamanthys

C:SM Leader (actually he's a Veteran Sergeant, but the profile is the same ^_^ )
Bolt Pistol (OK, not exactly the Bolter he boasted of in his opening tirade, but it is a type of bolter :blush: )
Chainsword

++edit++ I'm so inspired by Rhadamanthys' rousing speech I'm considering changing my online name to honour his devotion to the Emperor, it's easier to type than Several Concerned Cricketers, well a little anyway, and much more board appropriate. Whaddya reckon?

Edited by Several Concerned Cricketers, 11 January 2004 - 04:09 PM.

the_Dave

the_Dave

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 207 posts
+++The wind was blowing hard and the sand was flying around as if to warn of a malicious presence. Inquisitor Octavian stepped into the arena, and looked around at his competitors. He muttered:

"Anyone have a glass of water?"

The giants in the gleaming armour from both sides of the arena stopped the sharpening of their swords and checking their guns and threw Octavian a hatefull stare.

"Ummm.... you know what, nevermind, I think I'll be fine..."

The giants went on with their work. Octavian allready felt a little unsettled and overpowered by his competitors. He looked down at his trusty eviscerator and knew that the knives of the giants were bigger than it. He felt his bolt pistol and knew that the five rounds left in it won't even put a dent in the giants' armour. Nontheless, he stepped forth, and quietly uttered, as to himself:

"I'm too old for this"+++

Inquisitor Octavian of the Ordo Hereticus

Posted Image

Wargear:
Icon of the Just
Master Crafted Eviscerator
Psychic Hood
Bolt Pistol
Digi Weapon

(he follows all the rules for an Inquisitor from codex:deamonhunters)
in this world there are two kinds of people: those who think there are two kinds of people and those who think there are three kinds of people. the rest arent really people.

ponder away...

Rune Priest Vithar

Rune Priest Vithar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 289 posts
Rune Priest Vithar - Codex: Space Wolves

Rune Priest
Frost Axe "Fimbulvetr"
Wolf-tooth necklace
Pyschic ward of the Wolf: Ever since he stood unarmed while a daemon killed his brother, Vithar has learned to channel his pyschic energy to repel enemies if he is ever again left without a weapon. In combat, as long as Vithar has at least one free hand, this ability has the same effect (and point cost) as a storm-shield.

Posted Image

Vithar knelt in prayer, resting his forehead on Fimbulvetr. Before he could muster the words to pray, he thought only of his last memories of his brother Aurvandill, for whom the Great Axe was inscribed.

The two brothers stood in the thick blizzard which Vithar had conjured to shroud them from the darkness. The Great Wolf Lord Aurvandill's keen senses could hear the footsteps and smell the foul stench of Daemon. Without looking at one another, the two borthers prepared for their last stand against the Spawn of Chaos. Teeth of Kraken clashed against the steel of the daemon blade as Aurvandill swung out against the brute. Seizing the initiave, Vithar lashed out with his rune staff, but the sacred oak stave splintered like a twig against the Daemon's thick hide. The Daemon let out a laugh and threw Vithar off into the brush. Distanced from the battle, Vithar watched in anguish as the Daemon cleaved his brother in two. Posessed by either the curse of the Wulfen or by his brother's untimely death, Vithar charged unarmed at the Daemon, dived over the cursed swinging sword and grasped his brother's axe. In a flury of deft swings, Vithar decapitated the hell-spawn, and sent it back to the warp from whence it came.

Vithar prayed once more that he would avenge his brother's death against all chaos scum, and make the Great Wolf Lord proud.

For the Emperor,
For Russ,
For Aurvandill.

Edited by Rune Priest Vithar, 11 January 2004 - 08:51 PM.

Forecast for tomorrow; A few sprinkles of genius with a chance of doom...

Alcyon

Alcyon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,607 posts
  • Faction: Revenants Chapter
The barracks door swings open and in steps an imposing figure, clothed in massive black power armour. Clenched in his fist lies a scroll, but what is written on it is hidden. On his belt you see a holstered boltpistol, and across his backpack is slung a Chaplain's Crozius Arcanum-a mere hint of the power of the figure. He paces slowly down the hall, ignoring the snarls of the chaos marines, the scowls of the Space Wolves, and the suspicious glances of the Inquisitors.

He unravels the scroll and places it on the desk at the end of the room. He stares deep into the deformed, bionic eyes of the archive servitor and quietly, he speaks.

"I am Mikael Bramius, Chaplain of the Mortifactors 5th Company and personal advisor to Captain Alcyon, also of the 5th Company. I come to compete in this tournament by the Emperor's word."

Suddenly he whirls around, his dark face set in a frown. The lines in his face show centuries of war, written into his skin.

"All who stand against the Emperor... Shall fall to their doom. Let this be a warning."

A moment of silence ensues, as the other inhabitants of the room trade looks of hate with the chaplain.

Breaking the moment, the archive servitor begins to read out the scroll placed on it's desk. All the warriors in the room turn to face it.

"Chaplain Mikael Bramius is armed with a Crozius Arcanum, a Boltpistol, and is clothed in Artificer Armour. He is bestowed with Terminator Honours, and is outfitted with a bionic left arm to replace the one that failed him at the War of Armageddon."

The servitor wraps up the scroll once more and incinerates it with a small digi-flamer. It then plugs it's mechadendrite into the wall datasocket and begins to transmit the information to the arena judges.

The chaplain takes one final glance at the inhabitants of the room, then proudly walks into a dark corner and begins to polish his crozius.

Posted Image

+++EDIT+++
The bionics are inside his power armour, but if that isn't WYSIWYG then just don't count them. They're just a point filler anyway.
+++EDIT+++

Edited by Inquisitor Alcyon, 11 January 2004 - 08:02 PM.

Brother Gothard

Brother Gothard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,917 posts
The bulkhead door screeched open, servos coated in centuries old rust struggling to perform. As the doors parted, the massive bulk of Apraxae's corrupted power armour, bloated and straining to contain his diseased body, clunked through. Thick, yellowish fog crept in through the door, swirling around the Champions ample legs, disippating and reforming as though alive with each stride. Apraxae's face, yellowed and cracked with Mortarion's Yellow Dimentia, split into a a wide grin as he sized up his fellow competitors. His grin grew as the faces of several noble warriors paled at the sight and stench of his rotting form. The coming battles, he knew, would gain him and his competitors much favour with their respective gods, but only one could emerge victorious over all. He strode to the archive servitor to announce his intentions, and felt a great sense of pride, for he knew Father Nurgle smiled upon him today.

Apraxae, The Corrupter, Scourge of Uromedan XII
1 Chaos Lieutenant (HQ)
Plague sword; Bolt pistol; Nurgles rot; Demonic visage; Demonic strength;
Mark of Nurgle; Furious Charge

Digital picture to come Tuesday, when I can pick up a replacement cable to upload my pictures. If that's a problem, so be it.
"And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking and racing to come up behind you again"

Aurelius Rex

Aurelius Rex

++ GESTORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,726 posts
  • Faction: Scions of Dorn
The green armoured duellist captain strode towards the sneering Brazen Claw sergeant, hand outstretched in friendship:

'Captain Euripides, Scions of Dorn! Well-met, my brother. I have fought side-by-side with your chapter in the defence of Kasr Partox and Macharia...' A silence settled over the room at the mention of that lost world. 'What did you say your name was? JohnnyMathis?'

The temperature in the room fell to below that of the void outside the Divine Hunter...

^_^ Very stylish move, going for the bolter and chainsword. I can forsee a 'vest' heading your way, SCC. Cracking model as always. I am a big fan of quartering, and you have pulled it off tremendously. :blush:

Edited by Aurelius Rex, 12 January 2004 - 01:03 AM.

Hidden Content

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users