[HH1.0] Militia and Cults tactica

disease

I ran mine as Abuhman Survivors. Milita are not a great ZM army because you're locked into just a few builds with a pretty major gap (anti tank) and the format prevents you from spamming bodies, which is sorta the armies theme.

I ran AP3 flamers with a medic and discipline master, and they are very good, but if you go that route you've probably got no AP2 in your entire army.

Yeah. That is why i would bring ogrynns with power axes. With "feral warriors" and "blades and fury" their CCW + Power axe, they each dish out 7 attacks on the charge with WS4 and S6 AP2.

(assuming taking a power axe doesnt replace their basic melee weapon, i would have to check but the book isnt with me)

Yeah. That is why i would bring ogrynns with power axes. With "feral warriors" and "blades and fury" their CCW + Power axe, they each dish out 7 attacks on the charge with WS4 and S6 AP2.

(assuming taking a power axe doesnt replace their basic melee weapon, i would have to check but the book isnt with me)

Seems to work.

Well, well, never saw it that way. Still horrible overcostet but when they charge it should be quiet impressive.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Seems to work.

Well, well, never saw it that way. Still horrible overcostet but when they charge it should be quiet impressive.

It could've been more impressive if the Gorgon Armoured ASSAULT transport happened to be an ASSAULT vehicle, but that would require Forge World to actually care about playtesting.

Edited by The Scorpion

• 3 weeks later...

I've played around with a few crazy Militia lists. Now granted they were all 3000point lists because that's all anyone plays here.

The short explanation of a few were...

2x3 earthshakers

1x3 Medusas

3x5 mortar squads

3x20 riflemen

Loads of medics, discipline officers.

Command squad

Force Commander

2 thunderbolts

Aegis defence line with the comms.

Took the stimmulant provedence so that moral pins the artillery crews instead of them running away and losing the cannons entirely.

Plan was to put the earthshakers into the corners and the Medusas in the center and bubble wrap the heck out of them with mortars and riflemen.

Not a good list. But an annoying one. Lol

• 1 month later...

I would say you cannot take those provinces together since one requires something made impossible by the other.

Tainted Flesh just makes you take them as compulsory, but it doesn't make them compulsory (because they already were). Once they get the Support Squad rule from Warrior Elite they can no longer be compulsory troop choices meaning it is impossible to fulfill Tainted Flesh's requirement.

That said, maybe folks in your area will be cool with it anyway if you have a neat idea?

How do the Warrior Elite and Tainted Flesh Provenances work together?

Warrior Elite gives Levies the Support Squad special rule (can't be compulsory troops), but Tainted Flesh forces you to take Levies as compulsory troops.

I feel like I'm missing something very obvious.

You can't mix them I'd say.

The issue with that build isn't that the power weapon would replace the basic melee weapon, but that you cannot take Blade and Fury on Ogryns.

• 9 months later...

Hello there!

I'm new to the community and got a question regarding the Discipline Master.

Sorry, if this has already been answered, but i didn't see it while scrolling ofer the 13 Pages. =]

If, for example, i want to attach one to a squad of Ogryns, then he does boost the Leadership up to 9, am i right?

Since he is the one with the highest LD of 8 and he is a model in the Squad.

Or does he, for some reason, only boost the LD to 7 because of the 6 of the Ogryns?

It's kind of confusing, 'cause why not just give him a LD of 9, since that is the max LD anyway?

For the one instance, when his LD is overlooked because of some special rule?

Or just a Forge World rule- :cuss: ? xD

Michael

Edited by Slips
use emotes or integrated swear filter.

Hello there!

I'm new to the community and got a question regarding the Discipline Master.

Sorry, if this has already been answered, but i didn't see it while scrolling ofer the 13 Pages. =]

If, for example, i want to attach one to a squad of Ogryns, then he does boost the Leadership up to 9, am i right?

Since he is the one with the highest LD of 8 and he is a model in the Squad.

Or does he, for some reason, only boost the LD to 7 because of the 6 of the Ogryns?

It's kind of confusing, 'cause why not just give him a LD of 9, since that is the max LD anyway?

For the one instance, when his LD is overlooked because of some special rule?

Or just a Forge World rule- :cuss: ? xD

Michael

RAW he gives them 7, but himself 9, because he is indeed a Model in that unit.

RAI he doesn't boost himself. So 8 it is.

I see, that makes more sense, thank you! =]

Also:

With the "Merchant Princeling" Warlord Trait, i can make the AP of all the ranged Weapons of any Infantry Squad in my Army having an  AP of 1 better than normal.

That would Imply, that i could also give that "buff" to an Infantry Squad of an Allied Detachment, since their is no mention of a specific detachment...

I think, the RAI here is, that it should only be given to a squad in the Primary Detachment, am i right? 

Though i would never go down that lane anyway ^^

What would be interesting to me - which squad would you guys give that "buff"?

I think the obvious Choice would be either Fire Support Squads (Heavy Bolter,Auto-/Lascannon, Missile Launcher) or the Engineseer Auxillia (8 Servitors with Plasmafusils) - whereas the latter would be my favourite! =]

But maybe i've overlooked something? 

I see, that makes more sense, thank you! =]

Also:

With the "Merchant Princeling" Warlord Trait, i can make the AP of all the ranged Weapons of any Infantry Squad in my Army having an AP of 1 better than normal.

That would Imply, that i could also give that "buff" to an Infantry Squad of an Allied Detachment, since their is no mention of a specific detachment...

I think, the RAI here is, that it should only be given to a squad in the Primary Detachment, am i right?

Though i would never go down that lane anyway ^^

What would be interesting to me - which squad would you guys give that "buff"?

I think the obvious Choice would be either Fire Support Squads (Heavy Bolter,Auto-/Lascannon, Missile Launcher) or the Engineseer Auxillia (8 Servitors with Plasmafusils) - whereas the latter would be my favourite! =]

But maybe i've overlooked something?

Engineseer is the usual choice for that but you could give that bonus to an allied unit as well. But this detachment must be Sworn Brothers to do that.

Yep, you could. It's one of those "FW write ambiguous and narratively-driven rules for HH" loopholes that will probably make people raise an eyebrow.

The better (and cooler!) use cases for it are:

• AP3 Heavy Flamers/ Heavy Bolters/ Autocannons
  • AP2 Missile Launchers
  • AP1 Plasma Guns? Probably something to be said there.

Yep, you could. It's one of those "FW write ambiguous and narratively-driven rules for HH" loopholes that will probably make people raise an eyebrow.

The better (and cooler!) use cases for it are:

• AP3 Heavy Flamers/ Heavy Bolters/ Autocannons
  • AP2 Missile Launchers
  • AP1 Plasma Guns? Probably something to be said there.

Well, i wouldn't call it a "better" case, since a squad of those T3 2W Weapon-Teams could be wiped out by just one Kheres... ^^'

I have however 6 heavy flamer Grenadier-Kriegers, that i will try with an Arvus Lander.

And i don't think, that AP1 Plasma is a good option for this trait, since you only can field 2 in a Squad at max with the grenadiers. Or am i Missing another Militia-Unit that can bring more?

I will get a squad of Servitors with Engineseer however, since those, paired with an augury scanner will help handle those pesky deep striking units... =]

Assuming that you will focus your plasma squad on anti-infantry duties then the AP1 buff is a complete waste since infantry cannot have better than 2+ armour save.

In horus heresy games you rather give it to a squad that have shooting attacks with AP3 so that they get AP2, this way the become very versatile. Termies and HQ need to roll their invuls, and power armour troops cannot rely on sergeant tanking the incoming shots.

Yeah, be wary of abusing the loophole too much, else you may become "that guy"

As for the AP3 flamers, they are excellent with the right provenances. I ran them plenty of times in ZM to great effect. Militia, however, struggle with massed AP2 firepower so AP2 plasma servitors with an aug scanner are a better rounded choice (though they die very fast). I actually ran both heavy flamers and plasma servitors in my ZM list and upgraded whichever unit made sense depending on who I was going up against.

As for the AP3 flamers, they are excellent with the right provenances. I ran them plenty of times in ZM to great effect. Militia, however, struggle with massed AP2 firepower so AP2 plasma servitors with an aug scanner are a better rounded choice (though they die very fast). I actually ran both heavy flamers and plasma servitors in my ZM list and upgraded whichever unit made sense depending on who I was going up against.

Yeah, that's my fear exactly! xD

I mean, the thought comes up... but until now, i can resist...

I always imagine the face of our "that guy" in the group, when i would field such a squad of myrmidons. TSons player...

I have yet to find suitable models for servitors. I generally dislike the officiel GW ones.

Maybe i just use a squad of Skitarii? Will be hell to aquire enough Plasma Calivers for 8 though...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah, that's my fear exactly! xD

I mean, the thought comes up... but until now, i can resist...

I always imagine the face of our "that guy" in the group, when i would field such a squad of myrmidons. TSons player...

I have yet to find suitable models for servitors. I generally dislike the officiel GW ones.

Maybe i just use a squad of Skitarii? Will be hell to aquire enough Plasma Calivers for 8 though...

If you're looking for non-GW servitors with heavy weapons, check these out:

https://wargameexclusive.com/shop/mechanic-adepts/kataton-battle-servitor-squad-28mm/

They're are the best ones I have found, the cast is very clean and tidy (above FW quality level). I got the kromlech missile launchers for them to runt them as rad-missile launching servitors together with an iron father.