Night Lords 65th Company

Vinc

Hi everebody!

I'm new here and I would like to share some of my (not so good) work here. 

After reading ADB 'Night Lords Trilogy' I've started to work on my rendition of the 65th NL Company

(nothing in the fluff about them so I've got free reign - I think...).

Land Raider (no name yet); standard Chaos Land Raider Box plus the Night Lords upgrade pack for the transport :

http://s17.postimg.org/q9rxxlbxn/IMG_0533.jpg

Havocs with autocannons. The champion will have a magnetized arm with a few weapon options (this is why he's missing one). The cannons were made from chaos heavy bolters, some loyalist ammo mags and some cotton swabs; the havocs themselves are a mix of standard CSM parts plus the Night Lords upgrade pack, some loyalist bits, raptor bits, and one or two Khorne Berserker bits. I've managed to get my hand on two original, metal Havoc power packs:

Voss the Twice-Condamned (Hellbrute). Standard DV model with it's multi-melta remade into a reaper autocannon with cotton swabs and a loyalist bolter under the power fist. I'm not happy with the pale skin I've tried to do on this one.

Most of the models don't have the lighting bolts painted (yet) because I'm really bad at doing it. I'm also not happy with the pale skin I'm trying to give them. 
Feel free to comment and give me some advise on painting my NL.

That cotton swab idea is mint, totally stealing that. Any chance you can upload your pics to Photobucket? Makes them come out bigger.

Welcome to the forums! Call of Chaos is on at the moment so you might want to look into that, the Chaos forum is somewhere further down the site. There's a Night Lord specific topic in there that someone not on their phone will have to link you to. Any questions, don't hesitate to PM me.

Dragonlover

Hi guys! Thanks for the tips. I'll look into the topics you mentioned. 

As for the cotton swabs - go for it. I was unable to get any regular autocannons (at a sane price at least) but I had like seven heavy bolters so I've improvised. 

I also got some Raptors, Terminators and a bunch of regular CSM with a Rhino, but them being my early painting efforts, would probably make your eyes bleed.I

I've read the rules regarding 'The Call of Chaos' and I don't think my Havocs and Land Raider qualify. The Havocs are almost finished and the Land Raider has all the base colours done.

• 1 month later...

Four Atramentar that I'm currently working on. The base are of course the standard Chaos Terminators. I made most of the LC with the Raptor/Warp Talon box and loyalist LC from the Assault terminator box. Some of the right pauldrons are from Dark Angel/Grey Knights Terminators. The flayed skin is made from cut up loyalist loincloth (don't know if that's the proper name) bits. They are magnetized for more weapon options. 

http://s1.postimg.org/s45n22trv/IMG_0601.jpg

Thank you. Maybe I'll try a different image hosting site. The one on the far left is in the Wolverine stance (come at me bro); private Rhino is more Bruce Lee and private Mammoth (when you raise his hands) in in the 'I'm gonna' get you' stance smile.png

Sorry for the small pictures again (I'm uploading fast on an image hosting site I know). The Land Rider I'm working on. I've magnetized some things as you can see. Still needs some work done (I've messed up the sponsons - glued two tops with two bottoms).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Two metal oblits I've bought on the Polish e-bay equivalent.

The one with with the rhino head was like this when I've bought it. 

From what I've gathered someone just scraped the original face off and glued a metal terminator head on.

I'm working on the arms now. I didn't get most of the original weapon options so I'm cutting up some regular stuff srom my bits box. 

http://s17.postimg.org/6gcri4jln/oblit.jpg

As a bonus a sorcerer I'm finishing slowly...

http://s21.postimg.org/nfigibfir/sorcerer.jpg

• 1 month later...

My first 30k dude. Will probably see A LOT more 40k action but I just love the models. BaC Tactical Marine + FW Terror Squad head + GW Night Lords Upgrade Pack shoulder pad (I'm not paying for the FW shoulder pads - no way)

e749c2e.jpg

The sorcerer and the two Obliterators are almost finished too.

714398c.jpg

Thanx ShVagYeR!

As for the chain glaive - You are correct MrBear it's a regular chaos chain sword and the rest is a piece of a spiky ornament from the chaos vehicle sprue (you get it with any chaos vehicle and there are a ton of these bits). 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Got my hand on HH:BaC and I'm working on two convertions at the moment: first is a legion apothecary (a generic mark IV marine plus some bits from the 40k apothecary model and green stuff) and the contemptor - I'm really excited about this one (I've used some bits from the NL upgrade pack from FW and some wings from the GW NL upgrade pack). I hated the pose it normally comes in so I've cut the torso and one of the legs to make it a bit dynamic. He'll be holding one leg on some rubble so maybe it won't come out as silly as in the picture below (just walking by, don't mind me - di di di did di id) :)

http://i.imgsafe.org/7b9fb44.jpg

Did some work on the Contemptor

4f333e4.jpg

4d13a0d.jpg

The whole 30k force i've assembled so far - most of the models need some touch-ups( I have to finish the bases, the second terror squad needs the flayed skin on the pauldrons, Sevatar doesn't have hands ect.) :

850caea.jpg

Archived