What would you take in an Ally SM force to support your BA?

LutherMax

There has been a lot of griping (some justified, possibly) about the disparity between BA and SM units since the SM codex dropped. Some might argue that we have things they don't so why not the other way around?

But one way to rectify the disparity is to use a small allied SM force along with your BA to 'bridge the gap'.

So, what would you bring, and from what Chapter..?

I've mentioned this somewhere else, but this is a pretty decent allied force, to bring some dakka

Chapter Tactics: Sentinels of Terra 

• Close Range Bolter Drill (re-roll to hit within half range)
  • Centurion Warsuits (Cent Devs can be taken as Elites. Cent Assault can be taken as fast)

HQ: Libby (Divination)

Elite: 3 Cents with Grav Cannons

Troops: 5 bolter scouts

Fast: Pod for cents + Libby

Heavy: 1 unit of Thunderfire cannons

FYI: Sentinels of Terra have access to a relic Auspex with 18" range and a buff against buildings.

Currently I'm toying with a cheap Skyhammer for allies (Imperial Fists again). More on that later.

Librarius Conclave. White scars if on bikes or something, maybe sallies with pyromancy for lulz.

Suppression force with Telion to give them rending. Rending, shredding, pinning, ignore cover pie plates :)

Chapter master to make a beefy Lord of a successor.

Techmarine because it's better than ours!

And of course the Storm wing. But also LR spear head is cool!

Honestly, out of all of the unit choices I don't see why we can't get Chapter Master in our codex.

Wolves get Wolf Lords even though they are all technically named? And they don't have successors... Blargh.

A Wolf Lord is their equivalent of a Captain.

Honestly, out of all of the unit choices I don't see why we can't get Chapter Master in our codex.

Wolves get Wolf Lords even though they are all technically named? And they don't have successors... Blargh.

A Wolf Lord is their equivalent of a Captain.

Well the SW get Logan and the Space Wolves don't have any successors (anymore). so it makes some sense not to include a generic Chapter Master. BA on the other hand do have multiple named successor chapters and the fluff also implies that there are others. So it makes no sense that all chapter masters work exactly like Dante or Seth.

I'm almost finished my painting my Red Scorpion allies, Sevrin Loth with Centurion Devastators and a tact squad

Red scorpions are a great one for us, as you can put Apothecaries (read: SP) in your tactical squads. No Heavy flamers but good for objective campers in the backfield!

Interesting... So not a huge list of things BA players want but can't get from our own codex.

I think that's because although there are units in other codexes that we don't have (Centurions, TFCs etc) there aren't any roles that aren't covered by units in the BA codex. We can clear infantry hordes, tanks, monstrous creatures, fliers... every threat we can face on the battlefield we do have an answer for in our codex without any allies.

That's not to say I don't dream of Blood Angels Devastator Centurions; I like the model, yeah I said it!

Ill second the skyhammer formation... having heaps of fun usong those!

Although i do cry a little everytime the skyhammer assault squads wipe out enemy dedicated assault units.... BA should be able to do that!!

I love the sky hammer in theory, it's everything the BA should be. I don't like it's release though, it just feels dirty to use.

I wouldn't even mind if we got it and couldn't use Grav cannons (as our Devs can't) should still be ace. Meltacide with multi-meltas :D

I love the sky hammer in theory, it's everything the BA should be. I don't like it's release though, it just feels dirty to use.

I wouldn't even mind if we got it and couldn't use Grav cannons (as our Devs can't) should still be ace. Meltacide with multi-meltas biggrin.png

Yeah putting the datasheet in the box only is dirty.

We could also use heavy flamer devastators. But I guess no one gets those. Four heavy flamers in a drop pod would be an ice horde killer though.

About the "Chapter master" you discussed previously. It is to note, that the Blood Angels Chapter Masters are treated as Lord of War, and, i think it pretty good this way.

Why ? ===> Because, it allow us to add some quite cheap Lord of War (Seth...155pts) with two HQ, giving us at the end, "3" HQ...

Also, the Space Marines chapter master is really good cause of the Relics options (the...shield....) and the bike. (Blood Angels are not really know to be bike fan, well not until we, one day, got sammael bike...THAT WOULD BE AWESOME).

Don't ever underestimate Seth, he can smash a whole terminator squad on his own...but always remember to give him some "meat shield"... =)

Well,  since there is no official errata on malakim being HQ or LoW, you can do what i did on my last battle....Fielding all the mad peoples.....Seth,Tycho and Malakim...

(And Tycho is awesome, thank to him and his 9 mad death company brothers, i owned a squad (5) of grey knight paladin, he was the last to survive, but thanks to his 2+ save, he won the fight.)

Archived